• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Noddie's K11

:eek: well if you give me a ball park figure and we can go from there Ed :)

nice work on the braket, and your welds are coming alone nicely are you useing TIG?

Finnished the timing bracket, fitted it and finnished installing the wideband controler and sensor today.
the car runs, but its ecu is caliberated for a map sensor (which i have) so il fit that tomorrow hopefully and it will run better. I have it in closed loop constantly atm so load sensor is not important.

couple of pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bracket mk2 close.JPG
    bracket mk2 close.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 782
  • timing sensor fitted.JPG
    timing sensor fitted.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 781
  • bracket mk2.JPG
    bracket mk2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 779
excellent ed (Y) is the map more suited than a maf on your setup ?

cheers guys:)!
Well, the ecu came off a turbo micra in oz which was running a map (which came with the ecu) which from what i have read is better for turbo set-ups (but Ed may dissagree?)

Im considering selling my pistons to fund the rest of the build, which should speed up proceedings:) but not completely sure atm.

well done Ed (Y) im going to be useing the MAP sensor to bud and a lot of the guys in AUS do too...theres nowt wrong with useing it :)

Quick update, i take it back, the car is not 'running'! it was running VERY rich as the load sensor (MAF and then MAP) are reading well loads of load init!!! no good atall. had a go at recalibrating the map sensor but the car has now run out of fuel (probably because its been drinking it at george bests best rate) so il get some more juice tomorrow and try AGAIN!
love this stuff!! il say it even if i dont mean it.
just hope i havent ** the wideband sensor with the over rich mix.

Sensor will be fine. Thats a strange timing wheel just one tooth per rev?

BTW I prefer MAP on turbo cars. You have to have a AIT sensor too but they are generally better once setup right.

Ed

Sensor will be fine. Thats a strange timing wheel just one tooth per rev?

BTW I prefer MAP on turbo cars. You have to have a AIT sensor too but they are generally better once setup right.

Ed

good(Y) think there is somthing wrong with the controler atm as its reading 14.8 all the time (think its a common prob with the TE controlers by the look of their forum:S) hopefully it will just need recalibrating.

Its two teeth per rev mate, the one on the bottom is a bit hidden in the pic maybe?

14.8 means your sensor is cold usually.

Still two teeth is really uncommon, Can the ecu not use something like 36-1? May be too late but the system would be much more precise then.

14.8 means your sensor is cold usually.

Still two teeth is really uncommon, Can the ecu not use something like 36-1? May be too late but the system would be much more precise then.

apparently not, yeah, i understand what you mean because then it could count down to tdc better eh? it doesnt reconise the missing tooth either.

Hope you get all sorted, would be nice to see it running strong :p

Your telling me!!

anyway, this now deffinately a nightmare lol!

this is the problem im up against atm... (sorry for masive pic but when i tried to re-size the text went all funny)
attachment.php

basicly, there is a 'Volts V Load' calibration table for the MAP/MAF sensor, but there is also another one for the 'Load':S
if the MAP table was 'Volts V Pressure' then that would make much more sense to me, because the load (when using a MAP sensor) is worked out with much more than just the MAP voltage reading. so how can the volts directly relate to load??
But then whats the 'Load' table all about eh??

all this makes me think that it may be better to fit a MAF sensor (where volts are derectly linked to load)...
anyway, if thats atall interesting to anyone then im glad i wrote it (its good to put things in writing:))

Attachments

• load table print screen JPG.JPG
    load table print screen JPG.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 741
The old owner of that ECU cant send you the ROM he used? BTW check your inbox... lol

By ROM do you mean the settings he used? I dunno, iv had no luck contacting him. but btw that screen shot is not with the ecu connected, its just what you get when you load the softwear (hense all the 0's).
I checked my PM but there isnt one from you? was it full? iv deleted some now(Y)

Edit, Replied baguete(Y)

By ROM do you mean the settings he used? I dunno, iv had no luck contacting him. but btw that screen shot is not with the ecu connected, its just what you get when you load the softwear (hense all the 0's).
I checked my PM but there isnt one from you? was it full? iv deleted some now(Y)

Edit, Replied baguete(Y)

Yes, the settings he used on his car, maybe you could use them and then tune it to fit your mods...

Replied back :p

Yes, the settings he used on his car, maybe you could use them and then tune it to fit your mods...

Replied back :p
Yeah, but im not sure that the setting were all that good tbh, it was supposed to be setup for that MAP sensor but it was reading 40% load at idle:S I did save the ignition and fuel maps (turbo) that it came with though so that might give me a helping hand when i bolt that blower on(Y)

have you been in touch with phil yet Ed?
Yeah, gave him a quick bell today! top lad!! thanks for that mate! That Nistune sound pretty good!

And Ed, I couldnt see the K11 micra on the nistune website, are you using a primera doughterboard with k11 maps??

good(Y) think there is somthing wrong with the controler atm as its reading 14.8 all the time (think its a common prob with the TE controlers by the look of their forum:S) hopefully it will just need recalibrating.

Its two teeth per rev mate, the one on the bottom is a bit hidden in the pic maybe?

The constant 14.8 reading turned out to be a dodgy cable so TechEdge are sending me a new one:)

Basicly im getting no where with the ECU atm, but i have enlisted the help of Wolf who made the ecu (to the sum £30 for a month :S) so should get somewhere soon.
been doing a bitta messing around in the meantime:
Gave fiberglassing a bash to adapt my glovebox so that i can put the ecu and wideband controler in it. I painted it white and black because the paint fumes have gone to my head and im feeling all 'arty' but also because it helps conver the terrible finnish i got on the f/g and filler:D:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

re-painted the lid to my dash insert because it had got hot in the sun and boubbled up a bit.
attachment.php

I have also fitted that japanese lower din panel i got off AMY (thank you very much mate! great service!;)) and fitted my radio there so that i could put my boost gauge into the place that the radio normaly sits. also fitted a vaccume manifold i got off a volvo in a breakers yard. Il get pics of that stuff when i get chance.

Attachments

• Glovebox.JPG
    Glovebox.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 691
  • ECU in glovebox.JPG
    ECU in glovebox.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 655
  • WB Con in glovebox.JPG
    WB Con in glovebox.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 685
  • Dash tray flip lid.JPG
    Dash tray flip lid.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 662
vaccume mannifold???? show meeee :D

i got the brace sorted to it looks the muts! i think im going to make the same one for the front too. there big and bulkey and look the biz

vaccume mannifold???? show meeee :D

i got the brace sorted to it looks the muts! i think im going to make the same one for the front too. there big and bulkey and look the biz

It doesnt look much mate, but seems to work ok:) il get a pic up when i get chance:)
Yeah! i wonna see some pics of it! big and bulkey eh? what would frank say??

what types of things you got coming off it? on my car i only have a boost gauge and that goes striaght onto the inlet manifold. no carbon cannister

nice one Ed, looks a bit to messy for me.....i like things nice a neat :p

im still having trouble getting pics on my laptop f'n windows 7 but as soon as i sort it i'll send you the pics of the injectors and the brace

nice one Ed, looks a bit to messy for me.....i like things nice a neat :p

im still having trouble getting pics on my laptop f'n windows 7 but as soon as i sort it i'll send you the pics of the injectors and the brace

lol, cheers mate, nah, i know it does look a bit messy, but it works fine and cost me nothing.
PM'd you (well, i will once i have writen this)

Little Update

Thought it was definitely about time I updated.
I'l let the pictures do most of the talking.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Still loads to do, car is sitting out on the road on axle stands, the plan is to get everything all bolted up and working, actuator disconnected so its not making boost, then work from there. its my daily so things have to be done a bit at a time...

Oh, and the last pic is my cousins lambretta that im fixing up for him, nearly there...

Attachments

• DSCF3326 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3326 (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 549
  • DSCF3325 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3325 (Small).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 539
  • DSCF3015 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3015 (Small).JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 520
  • DSCF3014 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3014 (Small).JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 538
  • DSCF3013 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3013 (Small).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 535
  • DSCF2996 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2996 (Small).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 539
  • DSCF2985 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2985 (Small).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 534
  • DSCF2978 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2978 (Small).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 530
  • DSCF2960 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2960 (Small).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 533
  • DSCF3002 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3002 (Small).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCF3337 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3337 (Small).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 519
  • DSCF3340 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3340 (Small).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 528
  • DSCF3339 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3339 (Small).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 557
  • DSCF3335 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3335 (Small).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCF3334 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3334 (Small).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCF3330 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3330 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCF3329 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3329 (Small).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCF3328 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3328 (Small).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 537
  • DSCF3327 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3327 (Small).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 524
that is so awesome, manifold looks cool, well done. what material did you use? is it stainless? Keep us updated mate. we wanna see whats happening.
i should get from the computer. its like im the only one on the site writing. lol

Coming along nicely my ol mate, have you got pictures of urge mani fitted? Or do young get that far? Keep up good work:)

cheers man, nah didnt get that far had to go work on that scooter, got the stock mani off (without breaking any studs) which is the hard part, snapped one of the cat-downpipe bolts though so gotta do somthing about that, drill the bolts out and use new bolts i guess, il get there.
just ordered myself on of those peter lloyd exhausts, should be good.

Did a bit more today, fitted the turbo manifold on, finished both oil lines, trial bolted the turbo up to check for the intercooler route, i wanted to go strait down but its looking like il have to to over the top (like stani's setup).
Also my new exhaust arrived a couple of hours ago, could have been packed better but other than that its looked pretty promising.

First of all i cleaned out the stud holes with a tap
attachment.php

Then in when new studs (cut to specific lengths to clear the manifold.
attachment.php

then i stuck the manifold on, with plenty of exhaust paste and a new gasket
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is one way to get that dam little grub screw out that you tap into for the oil feed to the turbo.
attachment.php

this is the oil feed 'T' is will need to be turned around because its fowling the exhaust off the turbo
attachment.php

plonked it all together for a pic
attachment.php

and this is my new system, its a good feeling when all the bits you have been making are starting to come together!
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF3342 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3342 (Small).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 508
  • DSCF3343 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3343 (Small).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCF3344 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3344 (Small).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCF3345 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3345 (Small).JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCF3347 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3347 (Small).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 504
  • DSCF3349 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3349 (Small).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF3353 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3353 (Small).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 487
  • DSCF3354 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3354 (Small).JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 490
  • DSCF3355 (Small).JPG
    DSCF3355 (Small).JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 487
looking very professional ed (Y)
Cheers mate, I wouldnt call it pro though, its not going to be blingin engine bay, it will work though. the pipe is just IC piping i picked up in a breakers yard including some i got from a cop car :D, gonna use a stock saab bov, imo there isnt much point in buying new when there is plenty of turbo cars in the breakers yard with lots of the bits you need, the only thing is it doesnt look all new and shiney.
I did however spend nearly 40quid on engine oil!!! it had better be really ######ing good!

Back