• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

C0llis0n's K11 SR

MAN LOVE RULES :grinning: yeaa it was darren with the low civic that told me i need to buy some coilovers :wasntme: just need to save then spend spend spend. did frank do your flywheel? if so how much did he charge buddy?

Aaaah I bet from his angle it looks like theres a huge SR20 weighing the front end down. Im glad he finally made the right choice and went Jap with his Civic(Y)

Why dont you get some of the Corsa B coilovers everyone seems to be using these days? Im sure someone posted an ebay link up the other day for a 2nd hand unused set that was going for £100 :eek: , hell of a lot cheaper then Micra coilovers anyway!

Scott lightened the flywheel for me, I dont have access or the skill to man a lathe :( I think his username is SleeperSS. It was a while ago now but he charged me about £40 + I sent him my stock flywheel (it was a 3piece model).

i had a quick squint and i'm gunna go with the corsa ones you can get them brand new for just under 200 quid delivered (Y) ahhh he was the one with the micra van rightt? i'll see if i can find him

img2514.jpg

Oooh Yes :p

Thanks Martin.

With any luck I'll get my dirty mits on a set of those Sprint Hart rims as above but in black, may refurb them to a sort of creamy silver colour(ill try and find an example later).

After that I may have to stop and save for my holiday in June but I'll certainly try and keep some funds aside for the SR, maybe save for a Janspeed at some point...

Its amazing what a bit of lowering can do :p Cheers kyle. What are you driving at the moe then whilst the micras of the road?

i'm walking.. :laugh: i'm getting some coilovers have you noticed any difference with the adjustable panhard rod?

Cheapest form of transport (Y)

Your gonna need an adjustable to bring the rear wheels back to center else it scrape like a mo fo. Cant say it has any effect performance wise though.

Progress:eek:

After 2 weeks and many miles of a heavy right foot :)D) I found some time to continue on my quest of lowness. Chopped 3 coils from the rear Tein springs to give my rear end a man sized drop. Im a lot happier now, just need to invest in some spacers for the rear wheels to bring them up to the arch. Once I get my camera back of the other half i'll try and get some decent daylight pictures of how she stands, for now heres what I managed to get;

5414573464_cf337b7c9c.jpg

5414594866_4d3b0894a1.jpg

5414046919_b36466167a.jpg

Also bought some Wind deflectors but unfortunately it looks like the drivers side has been damaged in delivery (bloody royal mail). Heres how the passengers side looks;

5414054277_257c9815f6.jpg

Picked this beauty up on Friday night for a very reasonable price! Very good nick and is geniune MOMO so im very happy.

DSCF2044.jpg

Unfortunately Im back at square one yet again. Last Monday when driving the usual route to the miss's house I started loosing oil pressure. Let the engine cool and went on but it happened again about 10 miles later. Managed to make it there and back the majority of the way until pressure was lost and never came back :(. After posting up a thread on the problem and gathering that it could be an underlying problem with the oil pump Ive decided to ditch this CG13 for the time being and fit a newer (lower mileage) block.

Got the heads up from Frank about a auto 1.3 with only 50k miles in his local scrappy. Went to look on Wednesday and bought her for the reasonable price of £80, mileage does look geniune too!

So removed the poorly block with a little difficulty (first time of using Franks method of splitting the two inside the bay, works a treat when you get the hang of it though) on Friday and started moving things over like water pump mounts, throttle body ect. Will get back to it on Monday night and hopfully will have some good news (Y)

Empty bay yet again;
5457015214_56afc6e338.jpg

CG13's;
5457003162_4b76230bac.jpg

Poorly Cg13;
5457004950_781f1bb237.jpg

Man CG13;
5456398273_a4ff9502c0.jpg

Looks awesome llowered like that (Y). Glad you like the greenstuff pads. I use 'em too and I'm impressed. As a plus, your alloys don't turn black like normal pads :).

Looks awesome llowered like that (Y). Glad you like the greenstuff pads. I use 'em too and I'm impressed. As a plus, your alloys don't turn black like normal pads :).

Thanks buddy, Greenstuff pads are great, much improved over the oem stuff. My alloys still turn browny black from all the damn mucky roads :(

alright joe, sorry to hear about the engine dying again.. you got any plans for the dead engine orrrr?

Fix it... :D I'd like to start thinking about the next stage (forced induction) at some point so it may come in useful in the future. Want to build a fast n/a this year though as funds are tight. Damn recession.

Wow its a long time since I last updated! Fitted the new Cg13 a few months back and she runs like an absolute beaut!

Not alot else to update on though, funds have been low as im saving for a holiday but I have managed to buy and fit a Janspeed mani (thanks Stanni) which is superb! The performance was great for a while until I found a mighty crack in the back of the backbox so the next mission is to order either a Janspeed or a Peter Lloyd backbox and get it fitted and sounding healthy again. When I had the car over the pit I also realised both tyres are dangerously low on tread (lucky i never got stopped) so Ive put a set of steelies back on for the time being :(, desperately need to get some new wheels sorted now but it may have to wait until the beginning of summer when the funds will hopfully be there.

No pics this time round as you all know what a Janspeed mani looks like.

ahhh yeh missed by a mile their.
come on now get us some pics of the lowness
preferably surrounded by greenery

I will do at some point. I have a few stickies to slap on at some point then i'll get some pics in the shropshire countryside.

Chosen to go for the peter lloyd cat back system, mainly on price if im honest but it seems highly recommended too so thats a plus (Y)

Your car looks awesome, if you haven't fitted your steering wheel yet, I would suggest removing the Nissan Badge off your current steering wheel and placing over that RIPSPEED badge. Becareful if it's an air bag one as there is 3 or 4 clips holding the badge to the steering wheel.

Echoeing PJG1979 looks awesome so far! Question about the springs,if you've cut 3 coils off,how many are left? Have you done anything to the spring to help it sit in the spring cup or does it sit there ok?Do you have a photo of the spring now (cut) but off the car?

Your car looks awesome, if you haven't fitted your steering wheel yet, I would suggest removing the Nissan Badge off your current steering wheel and placing over that RIPSPEED badge. Becareful if it's an air bag one as there is 3 or 4 clips holding the badge to the steering wheel.

Thanks buddy. and cheers for the heads up on the steering wheel logo, unfortunately I only have older version steering wheels where the logo is imprinted into the steering wheel itself, might have a scan on ebay and see if I can find one or post up on here (Y)

Echoeing PJG1979 looks awesome so far! Question about the springs,if you've cut 3 coils off,how many are left? Have you done anything to the spring to help it sit in the spring cup or does it sit there ok?Do you have a photo of the spring now (cut) but off the car?

Thanks hooded. Just uploading some pics for you (camera phone ones so nothing special). The bottom of the spring sits in the axle absolutely fine how a stock spring should and I didnt cut the top of the spring so it remains in the TEIN spring cup that sits in the bodywork. I have thought about using Mark Bognors trick of using straps to strap the axle to the bodywork to stop the springs popping out but I dont think its needed to be honest, with the car jacked fully up on the rear its still a bit of a fiddle to get the spring out.

5615162329_2d643de601.jpg

As you can see there half the size of the original spring. They were already Tein shorter springs hooded (but they werent much shorter than original. (Y)

Peter Lloyd system ordered today. nice bloke I spoke too promised it'd be with me by thursday so fingers crossed I wont have a car sounding like a tin can any longer!(Y)

Excellent get some pics and videos up once fitted good to see your still going with her

When will you be driving her matey?

Back