• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

C0llis0n's K11 SR

OP
OP
C0llis0n

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Thanks Martin, will do. Will hopefully fit on Friday. Im using her as a daily at the moment. Still have a good load of MoT on her for the time being. Progress has just been slow for some reason. Still debating wether I can import some wheels or not :laugh:

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Mmmmmm jap wheels ;)

What I love (and hate!) is you go to yahoo Japan and just type ssr and you get pages and pages of em, but then I forget about the fact there half way around the world :(

Why can't they be within 5 miles of our house!

Excellent news about auto block, only just realised you swapped it ;)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
pages and pages of 4x114.3's with crazy width's, would make so much easier if they fit straight on hehe.

Just noticed you were thinking / trying to buy some sprint harts...funnily enough they were a wheel i nearly bought.

I've also clearly missed some of these posts, as i didnt know you'd had an engine problem or that you'd switched it out.

OP
OP
C0llis0n

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Mmmmmm jap wheels ;)

What I love (and hate!) is you go to yahoo Japan and just type ssr and you get pages and pages of em, but then I forget about the fact there half way around the world :(

Why can't they be within 5 miles of our house!

Excellent news about auto block, only just realised you swapped it ;)

Agreed. That and the huge price you have to pay on delivery :(

pages and pages of 4x114.3's with crazy width's, would make so much easier if they fit straight on hehe.

Just noticed you were thinking / trying to buy some sprint harts...funnily enough they were a wheel i nearly bought.

I've also clearly missed some of these posts, as i didnt know you'd had an engine problem or that you'd switched it out.

True, I have debated converting to 4x114.3 but the best solution I could find is adapters which would given an even greater offset. Huuum solutions solutions.....

Are your SSR's 4x100 Solarice?

Engine problems were brief and brutal, I gave up on the original block and the best solution I could find was to wack a newish one in.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
What about superlights?

Or this place is awesome.... If only I had the money!!

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/pages/wheels_billet.html

55d20d5c-ba95-f516.jpg

55d20d5c-baa2-c9ab.jpg

55d20d5c-baac-470c.jpg

Custom size, width, offset and even stud pattern, in the uk too!!

Cheers mate

OP
OP
C0llis0n

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Good find Marty. Some great styles there, bloody expensive though :(

I may well be going down the superlite road for the summer, be good to join the superlite club :D

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Yeah my ssr's are 4x100

Tbh i was curious as to how hard it would be to get the hubs redrilled to 4x114.3 so you'd just have to switch stud locations depending if you wanted to fit 4x100 or 4x114.3 ...not sure how close the new holes would come to the edges though.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
I wonder if you could press the hubs out of an s13 or are the bearings too large, then I guess the drive shafts might not fit either and you'd put the rears on the front and the front on the back

solarice

Ex. Club Member
I wonder if you could press the hubs out of an s13 or are the bearings too large, then I guess the drive shafts might not fit either and you'd put the rears on the front and the front on the back

I wouldnt be suprised if something from the nissan hub range could be swapped out, its just tracking them down :)

OP
OP
C0llis0n

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I imagine it can be done with a little bit of patience and experimentation. No doubt its been dont across the sea by now:grinning:

OP
OP
C0llis0n

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Bit of a late update but just come back of of a holiday. Had a bit of a bump before i went away. Fitted another headlight and pulled out the dents as a make do for now.

Unfortunately progress will be few and far between from now on. Decided to call a day on any new plans to save cash to put back for some winter projects with any luck.

Will re-spray the bonnet at some point but other then that no real-plans. Car may be up for sale later in the year, big thank you to all the help and advice recieved from all the members up to this point, very much appreciated. Joe (Y)

-------------------------------------
5766235938_83cec9cbf6.jpg

5765693581_519b4fc58b.jpg

-------------------------------------
5765686953_dd0992038e.jpg

5765696071_0fa863fdf9.jpg