• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Noddie's K11

The exhaust side of things is all done now, new system on, oil lines done, turbo manifold/turbo/downpipe all done. after 4K rpm even with the wastegate fully open (no actuator installed yet) you can hear the turbo spooling up, sounds soo sweet like you switching on the after-burners or something but with no extra power yet because the IC piping isnt done.
just turning up a little adaptor for the bov at the moment.
Il get pictures up soon.
P,S iv run out of money for now so everyone should buy all those bits i have for sale to fund developments :D

any pics or vids mate? Im really curious. How did you sort out the ECU side of things? Are you running the hawk? Do you think apexi safc would be any good for similar setup? cheers

EDIT: and are you still using stock fuel pump?

any pics or vids mate? Im really curious. How did you sort out the ECU side of things? Are you running the hawk? Do you think apexi safc would be any good for similar setup? cheers

EDIT: and are you still using stock fuel pump?
Yeah sorry, been mad busy. will get some pics up tonight hopefully. the ecu is still in question at the moment, its either use the hawk or get Ed (fusion) to map it on Nistune, im leaning towards nistune atm.
no idea about apexi safc, isnt that the one that only adjusts the fuel? in which case no, you need to control ignition aswell. I think nistune is a good option, my only possible reason for not using it is that i already have the hawk.
I have a walbro fuel pump to fit :)

So yesterday I set off with a complete cg13 and another in bits (plus a few other bits) for frank (the wizzard's) house in brum. So at 10am we set about creating a monster, but that died so we decided we might as well build up my cg13 with je forged pistons as we had the bits to do it and some spare time. First we split down the cg13, that was done in a matter of seconds, parts and engine oil flying around in a whirlwind of activity (neatly). The engine inside was very good condition with little wear to bearimgs/shims/cams. Then frank cast a magic spell on the pistons to free the much needed conrods from their cold grasp. Feeling the affects of hunger we decided to stop for fuel (fish and chips washed down with tea) The JE pistons where then attached to the conrods ready for installation into the over-bored block I had waiting ready. With some giggling of jurnals (and some new ones fitted) the crank with pistons attached turns over free and smooth. Then the rest of the engine was bolted back up, ready for some serious boost.
When the work was over frank waved his wand and in a flash, tools and rubbish scampered off to their rightful places. Leaving us to reminiss about the days fun over a nice hot cuppa.
Pictures of the day will follow, but I can't work out how to upload them off my phone.
A massive thank-you to frank (the wizard) for all his hard work, wisdom and spells. I had a great day! Cheers mate!

What the hell!? lol i need to get myself to Frank's house pronto. everyone seems to be up there - Party!! :laugh:

Photos photos photos!! Let me see !

Frank is the msc wizard :blues:

Big thankyou to Frank from me too for his services ;) top man

Ed google photobucket android and it will take you too free app download from photobucket.com

Its all free and will be uploaded in minute mate

Pictures of the engine rebuild with JE pistons and metal head gasket
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0039 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0039 (Small).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 706
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 764
  • IMAG0041 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0041 (Small).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 698
  • IMAG0035 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0035 (Small).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 725
  • IMAG0036 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0036 (Small).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 708
  • IMAG0038 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0038 (Small).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 709
  • IMAG0034 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0034 (Small).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 715
S13 AFM to handle the extra air going into the engine. Pleased when it come attacked to a K&N cone filter (needs a wash)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0043 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0043 (Small).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 718
  • IMAG0042 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0042 (Small).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 728
:laugh:
thought mcD's was good for slimming? but always feel hungry within 30 minites of eating it
scary photo but nice equipment!!!!

Nice looking clutch. When will you have it boosted? As i heard that atm you have a "jet turbine" on the engine... :laugh:

Nice looking clutch. When will you have it boosted? As i heard that atm you have a "jet turbine" on the engine... :laugh:
Haha, yeah, it sounds great! but isnt doing alota good at the moment. things are coming together, few things to sort yet though...
Awesome!! Where you get that from? Mph? it's Christmas come early for you mate :)

You shouldn't be much longer now mate :)
I got it off shero, looks to be ok.
Well, couldnt really afford all these bits, but what the hell :D
Cant face doing much work in this weather though, still havent got those engines and wheels out of my boot from the weekend. I tried to let you have a little listen to my 'jet' when i pulled away, did you catch it?

What ECU will you use?

Pretty fixed on Nistune now. was going to use my hawk and map it myself but i just cant be bothered to learn to map now so will be selling the hawk and shell out the extra to get Ed to map the car (i just want to project done now really, its been taking forever).

So if anyone is interested in my standalone hawk ecu, comes with full micra loom MAP sensor and timing in sensor/trigger wheel/sensor bracket then let me know. I have had the car start and idle on it but will need mapping properly. Make me an offer :)

Spent a little while cleaning that K&N filter, I soaked it in a mix of lemonade, washing powder, soda crystals and washing up liquid, one or all of them did the trick and i was left with a nice clean filter and a bucket of horrible oily black liquid. i dont understand how the previous owner let it get that bad! just need to re-oil it now.
Little Pic (prob doesnt look that much different in the picture)
attachment.php

attachment.php

And a little pic i took the day before last in brighton (taken on my phone so sorry for the quality)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0050 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0050 (Medium).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 731
  • IMAG0048 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0048 (Small).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0048 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0048 (Medium).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 714
  • IMAG0049 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0049 (Medium).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0051 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0051 (Medium).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 714
Yeah, thought that pic of the pavilion was really nice.
nothing much new with the car atm, still gotta fit the cluch to the new engine, anyone know a good way to get around having to buy a clutch 'centralising tool'?

Yeah, thought that pic of the pavilion was really nice.
nothing much new with the car atm, still gotta fit the cluch to the new engine, anyone know a good way to get around having to buy a clutch 'centralising tool'?

I dont use a tool, just do it "by eye"... :laugh:

BTW, where did you got that metal HG?

I dont use a tool, just do it "by eye"... :laugh:

BTW, where did you got that metal HG?
Ok, wasnt sure how accurate you had to be with it.
Errr, a company called GTI global technologies, i know nothing about the company, i got the gasket with the pistons and turbo stuff from 'broony' (peter) who used to be on here.
not sure if they still do the parts but here is the company, worth giving them a ring http://www.gtiuk.co.uk/contactus.htm

Ok, wasnt sure how accurate you had to be with it.
Errr, a company called GTI global technologies, i know nothing about the company, i got the gasket with the pistons and turbo stuff from 'broony' (peter) who used to be on here.
not sure if they still do the parts but here is the company, worth giving them a ring http://www.gtiuk.co.uk/contactus.htm

Well, i never had a problem with it, the gearbox goes in without effort...

Do you know the part number?

Small update:
First i attached the lightened flywheel i had made (cant remeber how light it is now, not massively, around 5-6kg i think)
attachment.php

Side Profile:
attachment.php

I found that a piece of 15mm copper plumbing pipe fits very nicely in the flywheel and allows you to centre the friction plate more easily.
attachment.php

Helix friction plate:
attachment.php

Centering the friction plate under the pressure plate:
attachment.php

All bolted up nicely (just hope it can hold some good power)
attachment.php

Also put the release bearing in the new gearbox all ready to fit.
The only thing i realised is that i left the plate that goes between the engine and g'box out, but i think i will just run the car without. extra cooling for the clutch :blush:

Attachments

• Clutch build 4.jpg
    Clutch build 4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 644
  • Clutch build 3.jpg
    Clutch build 3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 627
  • Clutch build 2.jpg
    Clutch build 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 635
  • Clutch build 1.jpg
    Clutch build 1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 640
  • Flywheel side profile.jpg
    Flywheel side profile.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 662
  • Engine with flywheel.jpg
    Engine with flywheel.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 641
Yeah I never put mine back in, think I frisbeed it at a cat that walked passed :):)

Nice to see some more progress poppet, I guess your bolting everything up to your forged lump then dropping all in at once?

Seems best idea matey

looking good ed (Y) and dont worry, mine,s been running without that sandwich/dust plate for 3 yrs now lol
Ok cool, I remember seeing a g'box of yours will holes drilled in it so thought its can't be that important:)
Yeah I never put mine back in, think I frisbeed it at a cat that walked passed :):)

Nice to see some more progress poppet, I guess your bolting everything up to your forged lump then dropping all in at once?

Seems best idea matey
yeah, that's more or less the plan:) there seems like endless little bits before its ready though.

Car went to the mot today, failed, but not on as much as I thought it might, need a cat (unsurprisingly) but got an sr20 one in the post which Il self into the system which should do the trick. I also need to source a lambda sensor from somewhere because the widebqnd isn't doing the job ad far as the ecu is concerned. Plus apparently the brake bias is playing up probably because of the lowering.

Hey Noddie, coming along quite nicely ; ) will be awesome with the the forged pistons. Sorry to say but that helix you've got will not be enough to cope, that is unless you planning on running less than 150-160 bhp. I'm having problems with mine at the moment as its literally on its limit, no dought you will be same. You might want to think about getting the new 200mm clutch mph has to offer, which requires modifying the flywheel to fit. I'm considering this option but still have my doughts as to wether it will be enough for my future development ; )

Hey Noddie, coming along quite nicely ; ) will be awesome with the the forged pistons. Sorry to say but that helix you've got will not be enough to cope, that is unless you planning on running less than 150-160 bhp. I'm having problems with mine at the moment as its literally on its limit, no dought you will be same. You might want to think about getting the new 200mm clutch mph has to offer, which requires modifying the flywheel to fit. I'm considering this option but still have my doughts as to wether it will be enough for my future development ; )
I'm only running a t2 so limited to about 130 apparently. Il be happy with that for now tbh, just wanna get this thing up and running. Yeah, my only thought is that if your going to redrill the fly you might be better to go for an updated

I'm only running a t2 so limited to about 130 apparently. Is he happy with that gor now tbh, just wanna get this thing up and running. Yeah, my only thought is that if your going to redrill the fly you might be better to go for an updated

well if its only going to be running at 130 on a t2 then you should'nt really have any issues mate. Yea looking forward to seeing this finished ; ) I just thought with those pistons in you were going to be pushing alot more than that power...well I'm sure you will, even 160 aint enough.

As for the 1.6 clutch I wasnt 100% sure if that works, I believe frank mentioned something about the spline being different (correct me if I'm wrong Frank ; ) cheers

well if its only going to be running at 130 on a t2 then you should'nt really have any issues mate. Yea looking forward to seeing this finished ; ) I just thought with those pistons in you were going to be pushing alot more than that power...well I'm sure you will, even 160 aint enough.

As for the 1.6 clutch I wasnt 100% sure if that works, I believe frank mentioned something about the spline being different (correct me if I'm wrong Frank ; ) cheers
You are right indeed.
Edit due to stupid drunken posting. never again i promise:D

And yes, more power would always be nice but it seems that the turbo is the limiting factor at the moment. Is yours running 160whp?? and thats not enough!? Im running the pistons more for reliability now i suppose, with the knowledge that the engine will be able to handle more should i decide to get a bit more serious.

Car went for its MOT the other day, failed on emission (with no cats thats not surprising), a siezed rear brake compensator, 'broken' lamda sensor (i dont have one atm) and a couple of small things like bulbs and whatnot.
very pleased there is no major welding to be done this year, and not even a mention about any of my modifications(Y)

so i have just recieved an sr20de cat off ebay (£55) which i will be welding in place of the middle silencer so that should sort the cat problem, and i have another lamda sensor bung witch will be welded into the exhaust system to take a standard lambda as well as my wideband one, easier when it comes to getting the car mapped too.
Frank is very kindly sending me a spare lambda sensor so that will go on (Y) thanks frank!

and as for the brake compensator i will have a good look at it and make up a bracket so that there isnt too much braking force going to the rear wheels due to the lowering of the car.

Was given an old 100A stick welder, opened it up to find this:
attachment.php

My high tech injector testing station, not really dont much with it apart from connect up an injector to see it worked, will use it to test my volvo injectors before i fit them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0071 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0071 (Medium).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 508
  • IMAG0076 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0076 (Medium).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 529
Started making a new exhaust section including cat to fit for the mot, and looks like im going to have enough exhaust pipe left over for a nice straight through decat (Y)
Tomorrow il take the middle section out of my exhaust and replace the mid silencer with the new cat. should have the car MOT ready by the end of tomorrow.
some pics of the action...
Im still using my little mig welder by the way, the tig one wont be getting to me till after christmas:(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0078 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0078 (Medium).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 500
  • IMAG0083 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0083 (Medium).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 542
  • IMAG0080 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0080 (Medium).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 513
  • IMAG0085 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0085 (Medium).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 513
  • IMAG0081 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0081 (Medium).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 210
  • IMAG0082 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0082 (Medium).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 520
Finished system and decat. also sorted the other things needed for the mot. just waiting for a lambda sensor in the post and then i will book a re-test:) some pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0093 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0093 (Medium).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 494
  • IMAG0094 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0094 (Medium).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 493
  • IMAG0091 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0091 (Medium).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 489
Car failed the emisions again today:( it seems the CO reading is much improved but the lambda is still in the 1.15 mark, it has improved slightly but the tester thinks it may be down to a small exhaust blow or a sensor fail.
Il have a crawl under to look for a blow asap, hopefully its not a sensor failure as without getting a diagnostic im not sure how to tell which one it would be.

Back