• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

C0llis0n's K11 SR

Now selling the JDM Nissan March spoilers I bought back in 2010. This month Im going to get the welding ect sorted so these have to go.

Still keeping the recess plate for now though.

Not sure really. Ideally I want to keep it but if I had to sell I wouldnt part hands with it for any less then the spoilers.(Y)

Thanks Ribbit.

Just ordered some parts for the MoT;
New Battery
CV Joint
Clutch Cable
Trim Clips

Hopefully I'll recieve them this month royal mail:glare:

Feels nice not having to jump the car the whole time now:laugh:

New battery fitted. Replaced clutch cable, didnt make a lot of difference but after a 10 minute drive I got used to the positioning on the pedal.

Just waiting on the trim clips to arrive and also need to fit the new CV joint (im avoiding that one!:doh:)

Hoping to book her in for the beginning of next week, fingers crossed ...

After a hell of a lot of swearing and talking to myself I've finally sorted the new CV joint out. I must have removed the driveshafts from these cars a dozen times now but I still cant do it very quickly:down:

Try'd Franks method of jolting the driveshaft with a Vice grip attached but didnt manage to master it so it was driveshaft out jobby unfortunately.

After a quick drive the knockings dissapeared so thats another problem to tick of my list :D. Boring stuff I know but here's a quick pic.

5327934401_e3b0b6677b.jpg

car's coming along nicely joe :p. how far off is it from being on the castle caereinion road?

Thanks Kyle. Huum Id like to say next week but it all depends on how soon I get all the parts Ive ordered (Y). The sooner the better anyway cuz Nissan Navaras cost a fortune to run! :(

Just ordered a set of Brembo front brakes and EBC Greenstuff pads. I was only going to get the EBC pads to begin with to try and save the pennies but the discs needed replacing. I try'd Euro Car Parts (one of my favourites for cheap parts) but once I sent my order of only £15 for OEM discs I got an e-mail shortly afterwards saying it had been declined (I had the funds:blush:). After this I try'd ringing a fair few times but there was no answer. The only time I did get through I got sent to the Mailbox only to be told it was full.

All a bit strange really so in the end I settled for a pair of mid range Brembo discs of of the bay. (Y)

Fitted New Brembo discs and EBC pads tonight. Looks a lot tidier now. Even though the bedding in process is about 200 miles after a quick drive up and down the road it already feels a lot lot more controlled over the stock pads. Worth the extra money so far (Y)

Also thought Id fit my dice whilst I was at it :D

5352499319_3aef432305.jpg

5353103024_b10da2511e.jpg

5353109818_8a30739f05.jpg

5352500531_e280721148.jpg

5352499761_2a5497b8eb.jpg

Looks nice (Y) are they just standard micra calipers? sorry if its been mentioned before.

And get a split pin through that driveshaft! :p

Looks nice (Y) are they just standard micra calipers? sorry if its been mentioned before.

And get a split pin through that driveshaft! :p

Thanks, Yep standards. Dont really want to change the calipers. Im hoping some decent vented discs next will stop me quick enough.

Sharp eyes on the split pin! Im waiting on the right size socket to arrive so I can tighten to the correct torque (its just tightened with an adjustable and a mallet at the moe).

Huuum didnt say anything like that on the information. Looks egzactly like the old one too. Thanks for the heads up (Y)

The difference is the toothed ring around it. there is a pickup sensor that sits just above it on the abs model which sends a signal each time one of the teeth goes past it. not to worry, it will still work on your car:)

Sorted some of the small niggly bits this evening, like split pins in cv joints, number plate bulbs, tyre pressures ect. With any luck I'll take her down the road for an MoT tomorrow and see what the result is. Fingers crossed!

Also took Franks advice on the rear suspension. I removed the spring completely and then lowered the vehicle just to check how much the rear damper would compress to see if it was the spring or the damper that was the cause of the #### poor ride height.

As you can see from the pictures it was the spring causing the problems. Depending on the result of the MoT (and how much Ive got to fork out) I may be giving M.Humphreys a ring this week to sort some 80mm springs out on the rear because Im loving that ride height all night long :laugh:

Before:
5364691653_889e221aaf.jpg

After:
5365305336_1b995b342a.jpg

5364693031_2913f83077.jpg

Haha thanks guys. The colour grows on you!

I just hope I can sort some springs out to get it to sit that low.

@R-Reg, the panhard is'nt adjusted there so I think the stock alloys would fit deeper into the arch but with the help of some spacers it might give it a half decent stance for the time being (Y)

Its there now.

Going to ring back at 3 to see what it failed on, hopfully its just a few bulbs that can be replaced quickly.:wasntme:

Thanks Mark. Rang them up at 3, failed on tailight (which was a duff bulb) , indicator (duff bulb I hope), and 2 tyres fitted the wrong way round :doh: serves me right for working into the night! Ive asked for them to sort it and hopfully it will be ready by this evening. Cannot wait :laugh:

Success! Vehicle is Taxed, Mot'd and Insured. Im a very happy man :D

and after spending most of last night in her I cant fault the long wait what so ever.

Moving on, Ive ordered a new CD player as the Nissan one has been blocked :glare: . Also looking into the rear spring situation. You might be right Mark I may just save myself some pennies and plug in the angle grinder...

Thanks to all those who had their fingers crossed :laugh:

5369507193_13d62a6931.jpg

Excellent news, I have standard springs cut in half and tiny corsa b rear dampers in, there solid but springs don't fall out

I could take another two coils of and she still would fall out

If I had a weaker ofset I can make her scrape :)

Good luck mate and enjoy it, you've worked hard to get her road worthy so go enjoy it :)!!!

Excellent news, I have standard springs cut in half and tiny corsa b rear dampers in, there solid but springs don't fall out

I could take another two coils of and she still would fall out

If I had a weaker ofset I can make her scrape :)

Good luck mate and enjoy it, you've worked hard to get her road worthy so go enjoy it :)!!!

Thanks Martin (Y)

I have the Tein springs I imported from Jap land fitted so im thinking I may cut a coil or 2 of the bottom of them and see where she sits. Dont want to cut too much of at the moment though in the hope that I'll get some new rimage at some point :D

Im in enjoying every second of it!

Got the headunit fitted tonight. Its a Kenwood KDC-4547UW, sound quality is impressive for such a cheap model, it also helps stop me going crazy in traffic!

Going to randomly drive around for the weekend now with a big smile on my face, then on Monday i'll hopfully get back to it and get the angle grinder out. Might invest in a quick shift lever next week too as the gear changes feel like there letting the lightened flywheel down a little bit.

Im driving across to Birmingham on Monday too for a scaffolding course so maybe I'll be seeing a few of you fellow West Mids members on the M6/M5 around peak times (Y)

5373879794_daae08cf09.jpg

i actually love you joe :grinning: car looks amazing, were you round the castle area last night had a message asking if my micra was outside someones house. i was like nooooo.. what's it like and the lad said lowwww and green so presume it was you.

i actually love you joe :grinning: car looks amazing, were you round the castle area last night had a message asking if my micra was outside someones house. i was like nooooo.. what's it like and the lad said lowwww and green so presume it was you.

I love you too Kyle.:laugh: Thanks very much. Yer I was, went to Heids on Wednesday and last night but the cars too damn low to get up the curb so Im having to park down by the green just infront of that blue Nissan Navara.

Took Heidi out in her on Wednesday and shes already nicknamed her the road sweeper :doh: You can tell your buddy Nissan call it Dark Bluish Green... I havent got a bloody clue what colour it is!

Back