• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

mckenzie's / Shaun's SR

solid mintex brake discs and pads for £36 posted.
20100929_001.jpg

after couple of hours, lots of swearing and bashing
20100929_004.jpg

old vs new
20100929_002.jpg

cheers

thats just bigger discs and pads on the standard caliper?
well worth it if so!!

thats just bigger discs and pads on the standard caliper?
well worth it if so!!

It does look bigger though but the new ones are standard 234mm in diameter so its ether optical illusion or the old one were smaller :( Still worth it I had some terrible sound coming from the offside.

I've just traced it in coreldraw and it's definitely bigger :glare:.

mckenziecz :

Great little adventure for your Micra here , good stuff :)

Could i ask if these arches that you have in the pictures are a good fit and specifically for the K11 Micras ?

any pics of them installed on a micra available ?

Keep up the project !

mckenziecz :

Great little adventure for your Micra here , good stuff :)

Could i ask if these arches that you have in the pictures are a good fit and specifically for the K11 Micras ?

any pics of them installed on a micra available ?

Keep up the project !

Thanks man, well I changed the plans with the wheels (more then once to be perfectly honest) I wanted to buy those arches to accommodate the wide wheels, but Im selling them now so I never did.
I will get them eventually, but not anytime soon. real sorry

Why are they always too wide? :( 13x7 et-7 running 195/45
Is it possible to make these legal with stretch and camber or not? Could someone who is running similar wheels confirm that? cheers
20101007_002.jpg

20101007_003.jpg

20101007_004.jpg

Cheers guys.This is the third set Im getting for the micra and I GOTTA make it work this time. fwn I think it should be fine I just need some tyres thats not that tall or its gonna end up in the arches. Something like 165/55/R13, but they seem to be quite expensive. :eek:

165/55/R13 nankang seems to be option.
7_165_55_R13_Nankang_4.jpg

EDIT. stretch is not illegal yet

i had some of those nankangs a few years ago and they were fine when new, and lasted quite long (very poor grip when near the limit tho :eek:)

Hey, loverly wheels. Verrry similar to mine. And my tyres are 175/50 r13 if that helps with visualising anything. I personally don't think 165/55 will have enough stretch to fit without some serious camber I'm affraid(from looking at willtheyfit.com) 155/70 might fit under arch, but like you say may rub. They must be some low profile 155 r13s out there I'd have thought, but I can't find any:glare:

I hope you find a way pal, and I may follow suit at some point:wasntme:

Attachments

• P26-09-10_15.34.JPG
    P26-09-10_15.34.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 393
  • P26-09-10_15.35.JPG
    P26-09-10_15.35.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 398
this is 13 x 7 et 6 with 165/55 with negative camber on front, you may need an arch roll and flare buddy, wheels look awesome

attachment.php

this is 13 x 7 et 6 with 165/55 with negative camber on front, you may need an arch roll and flare buddy, wheels look awesome
Cheers man. I know i might need it. Im researching what tyre gives me the most stretch without being extreme :glare:. I really dont wanna touch the arch :(

rent an arch roller of ebay for 50 quid for the weekend, you and shuan go halves, there isnt a thinner tyre for a 7 that would look decent on those wheels, youve got your 155/70s or whatever but i doublt youd like em?

if i remember properly these are 14 x 8 and he's flared and rolled front and back, its the only way to go without bolt on arches matey

jdm1.jpg

if your not sure about doing it yourself try www.archenemy.co.uk top job but pricey, good luck matey(Y)(Y)

your gonna need front and rear negative camber, stretched tyres and arch roll to get them to fit mate

may just be easier with bolt on arches colour coded mckenzie?

aw man. i always liked that aussie micra. the reason why i dont wanna touch the arches is that the front has been filled and rolling would make the filler crack and i dont have the money to sort them now. i will do front camber today and see how much loos is still needed.
i was actually thinking of 155/70. looks good on pics. cheers

camber bolts?
your very close their,to legal

I know mate, so close at the front, not the rear though :/
I have them camber bolts, but they seem to do big FA. This was bit of DIY. Used the drill technique on top hole and used m10 bolt in bottom. I know im gonna get slagged for being unsafe, but i dont care.

Looks awesome get the 165/55s there perfect your gonna need rear axel mod and roll your arches mate or they gonna rub

Cheers. I will get the tyres when I get my hand on some cash. I will do the rear axle when I feel for it :D lol. Not overly confident about cutting my axle and then welding in back together with my arc welder, but I guess there is not other way. :eek:

EDIT: about the arches, Im just gonna do that ghetto pipe trick

Hows your welding?

If youre not 100% confident id get someone whos a pro weld it for you...get it done cheap. :) last thing you want is a bad weld on the rear axle.

Arch widening you could try placing the jack and some blocks of wood inswide the arch and try pushing it outwards, dunno if it'll do what you need though. The pipe trick will though just gotta be careful :)

How stiff is your suspension? as the rear wheels look close the arch at the moment.

My welding is ok, but Im not 100% about welding my axle, so I will probably get someone to do it for me especially with that stiff suspension. The rear is not centered yet after the lowering.

i think boxed arches would house those wheels nicely CZ :cool:
attachment.php

Attachments

• next1project-img600x450-1286026225ol32ix9021.jpg
    next1project-img600x450-1286026225ol32ix9021.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,069
Back