• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

sr-steve's blog.

Car looks mean.
Would look good with the rear lights slightly tinted & black/grey wheels---Full stealth.
I'm going to have to do a "bad boy" bonnet mod on the RaT,would look good on yours too.
Keep up the (fast) work,good blog...
P.s. Oh & strip the back out & black it, you know ya wannagrr

thanks for th comments people (Y)
Car looks mean.
Would look good with the rear lights slightly tinted & black/grey wheels---Full stealth.
I'm going to have to do a "bad boy" bonnet mod on the RaT,would look good on yours too.
Keep up the (fast) work,good blog...
P.s. Oh & strip the back out & black it, you know ya wannagrr
im thinkin of doing that at the minute. do you never wish you had the back seats back in though?
So you have standard matiz springs on front and rear ?
i have the matiz springs only on the back and i cut 120mm of them

thanks for th comments people (Y)

im thinkin of doing that at the minute. do you never wish you had the back seats back in though?

No regrets at all,but a roll cage to fill the space would be nice!
I only use my Micra for bombing around locally by myself or with workmates so the lack of comforts is not an issue.My Mrs. refuses to travel in any of my projects fwn for some reason..
It all comes out & fits back in easily if you change your mind..

hmm i might think about that then sleeper ss. i have enough time on my hands anyway lol.
now i have some bad news. the car is off the road broke, i no i no terrible news.
good news is it only needs new discs and pads but untill friday im stuck with public transport:(:(
looking sorry for itself:
n1fr85.jpg

as good as new lol:
25jgzux.jpg

the disc:
1zoexiv.jpg

bring back the red wheels lol:
34i016s.jpg

and my sorry attempt at tinting my indicators, i think they were better orange even if they had been tinted propley lol:
2vtnxa0.jpg

i no it wont be expensive but has anybody got a rough idea of how much a pair of discs and pads will be. cheers.
steve

that filter is beaut where you get that and how mch m8???
there £39.99 from ebay mate with p&p aswell so a bargain imo. mine came in 3 days including the weekend. and since im nice heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/93-98-NISSAN-MICRA-1-0-1-3L-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT_W0QQitemZ200353500977QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2ea5ffcf31&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Try your local motor factors,should be as cheap as e bay and you won't have to wait..
and yeah mate im going to go and try europarts tomorow morning cause i have ound them cheap in the past, also you no you told me to strip the car. what should i do with the boot shelf speakers as i dont want them to go to waste. cheers
steve

brakes are done :D
i payed 45 pound all together, maybe a little over priced but i just wanted to be on the road asap.
also its faded the paintwork a bit on the wheel so will have to repaint that when its not bloody raining lol
35ata3k.jpg

it is better as it allows the car to get cooler air rather than sucking hot air that travels over the top of your engine to the filter basicly you are just paying for the name

well been meaning to update this since saturday. just bought a opn mouth front bumper from broony, thanks again mate. havnt put it on the car yet as im waiting for it to be painted, jap numberplate on the side, meshed and a decent splitter on it (ideas welcome)
will try to get some pics soon as it is my mates house atm as i have nowhere to store it because of loads of builders roaming rond my house destroying the place lol
steve

laguna splitter with vents ;)
ie originally have been wanting one for over a year now, but atm ive completley went off them, i think it might be because nearley every1 has them on there car

so i thought i would go out and get a few pics of the car sice the sun was shining and i found a couple of brand new battereys for the camera(Y) went to pic my mate up to assist then had a drive to south shields
at my mates:
34zhtac.jpg

how low?:
2ykbcp4.jpg

rolling pic didnt turn out as good as i wanted, going to need a second car to take them:
mcaozs.jpg

wibbly wobbly men:
4jasdd.jpg

20r64ar.jpg

back:
2ryj8mr.jpg

lovely wheather:
2qwn061.jpg

one of my favs:
e6sjzn.jpg

the gap i squazed in and out of to make these pics possible (and no my hands are not down my pants lol):
2s6kidf.jpg

close!! stupid really considering its just been painted and could have scraped with a wrong bit of judgement lol:
9krvhw.jpg

relocate:
o7vup2.jpg

anyone else suffering from sticky underware?lol:
64qdd2.jpg

so there you are, job for the day done. i dont no if anyone noticed but i have took those horrid indicators off that i tinted and put some orange ones back on.
now i just need my new bumper painted and on(wich i will have pics of soon) and get that bloody exhaust on, god ive had that a while

oh and how does this idea sound to yous? 2 words......

RONAL TURBOS..

over and out steve

so im driving along the other day and i hea a rattle coming from the rear end and im thinking, what the hel is that? so i get out to investagate and squeze my head under the back bumper (with great difficulty) and realised the spring was sitting on a tilt, so i had a feel of it and its not even touching the top by a long way. so basically i have lowered it as low as the little micra can go on the back on the standard dampers. so theres questions answered about the back springs, as for the frot i have too 3 and a half coils off:laugh:

at long last heres the bumper :D
2gwuemd.jpg

egthzp.jpg

voylhu.jpg

359cxo4.jpg

isnt she a beuty :D hopefully get it
1.painted
2.meshed
3.splitter
4.square numberplate
all next payday and also might have a badboy bonnet on the way if it is still there on payday

i was just gonna say werent they bollards stopping you getting there, then i saw the other pic...full marks for effort :D

looking low :)

i havnt got enough time to be buying stickers atm, or the money lol. im to busy sorting the front end as by 5 weeks time the front will be completley transformed :D but its a secret so all will be revealed when its done.

well i now have got some new wheels of my mate. cant fit them on yet though as they need low profiles on because the tyres are like tractor tires. i have painted one of them but messed up on the black lip as i am to impatient. heres a pic of the painted one,
5lo4jr.jpg

alreet mate av got a tined window that im cutting out of my boot if you are intrested? and iv got a canni few more bits and bobs, dont live to far form you drop is a pm or txt is 07531304557 and we can meet up or pop over sometime with kenny.
martin

well i have always said since i painted the wheels red they were not staying that colour, and i stuck by that. i had a bit of spare cash so popped down halfrauds and this is the results:
ay0umh.jpg

5yyn9i.jpg

so whats the opinions...alott better i think. also going to be busy with it today as the front is nowere near low enough so out comes the grinder. pics to follow :D

Excellent. Great looking micra. I love the wheel colour. Like you say the mexican rake needs fixing by bringing the front down some more. Good work.

I just cant help thinking it would have 100% more win with some dishyer wheels.

fwn are they just STD springs you have cut and do they sitt in the holders right??? shurely they carnt be safe? what about the shocks no doubt they will be at the point of bottoming out if they alredy arnt? what about the panhard rod the STD one can not surport it you may beable to get away with it at 35 to 55mm but not the 120mm+ you claim to of lowerd the rear.
the stress them springs will be under will be alot as soon as you drive fast and take a corner hard or drive over a pot hole ther guna pop out.

fwn are they just STD springs you have cut and do they sitt in the holders right??? shurely they carnt be safe? what about the shocks no doubt they will be at the point of bottoming out if they alredy arnt? what about the panhard rod the STD one can not surport it you may beable to get away with it at 35 to 55mm but not the 120mm+ you claim to of lowerd the rear.
the stress them springs will be under will be alot as soon as you drive fast and take a corner hard or drive over a pot hole ther guna pop out.

Don't forget about all the puppies that will die as a result of cutting the springs!

my red super-s that i currently still have, was as low as a micra can go on cut springs, it was the best handling car ive ever had but at the same time the most dangerous the way it bounced along the road. heres a sneak peek:

2973667202a11363203893o.jpg

im sorry lads but you are putting yourself and outhers on the road at risk because you dont have the patience to do it the correct way! outher people share the roads with you and you are putting them at risk, you may think so what.......but what if you acused a crash and serously hurt someone? could you live with that for the sake of a cupple of mm?

i never had any spring on the back to jump out lol i felt the front was more dangerous, the back never bounced at all where the front was crazy

ok i have now lowered the front more, the front and back are not siting on springs at all so there is no danger of springs jumping out, i no its going to break my shocks and that but tbh i dont really care for them as i plan on geting new struts and 50mm lowering springs in the very near future any way so no puppies will be killed with me around lol. and yes the rideis a little bumpy but im fine with that if it is going to look as good as it is :D. so heres the results, looks alot more even now:
5fq62x.jpg

10hn0vt.jpg

my red super-s that i currently still have, was as low as a micra can go on cut springs, it was the best handling car ive ever had but at the same time the most dangerous the way it bounced along the road. heres a sneak peek:

2973667202a11363203893o.jpg

so let me get this straight...your standard car on massively chopped springs handles better than your turbo micra on spax coilovers?

modded it does, £1000 suspension compared to a grinder. the grinder has better handling and i know it sounds wrong but it does, the coilovers are still better due to ride comfort and the fact the car doesnt scrape off everything!!! :p but shen my micra was like that it looks awesome as does sr-steves :D

big update,, this was a complete surprise to me and a good decision i made, jim bling text me the day saying unfortunatley he was selling up. so i got straight on the phone and asked about the roll cage, 4 hours later i was at his picking it up along with the harniss's for a realy fair price. cheers kenny. will get pics tomorow once it is all fited in proply :D i have also got a panhard rod arm of him aswell. we changed my brakes the discs and pads the other day,,,well more him lol, because it was metal on metal. we had quite a bit of bother getting the jack under the car lol. feel like i havnt updated in aggggeees lol...pics to come
steve

LMFAO:laugh:
1. the "cage" is not a cage its a show cage
2. now that you have it is now 14th hand and has been in nearly moast nodded cars in the nort east.
finaly it is anythink but fair about the price you payed its 140 to buy new posted, with the bits that it hasnt come with as there still in my work shop.

so i think you have been had mate :p

Back