• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

sr-steve's blog.

now have normal side lights back in. does anyone know where i can get clear side repeators from?

PLANS!!!
well im jumping into this prject head first and loving every minute of it so far considering 20 minutes before i handed the cash over for the car a micra was imo a sh*t car. i have already made mistakes which have been pointed out and corrected. just need a new wiper arm as i stupidly threw my other one away when i took it off, doh.
so i get paid on the 19th and i have been absaloutly tochiring over time this month for the car. i am only contracted to 12 hours a week and have averaged 40 - 45 a week, a lot has been on night shift which works out at 8.36 a hour :D. cant wait for payday, here are a few pics of the deffinates that are being bought this month.
exhaust:
hu3oe0.jpg

laguna splitter:
6501zb.jpg

bonnet raiserkit:
2edv6er.jpg

wind deflectors:
4ru8ed.jpg

also the car is going in the bodyshop so the body will be sorted and re painted, i also want some of them rear led lights but cant find them anywhere. windows may be tinted depending on whats left over :D all ready have front lowering springs. dont kno whats happening with the back for lowering yet. ill just have to wait and see

the bonnet raiser kit wont work i dont think, the actual spacers have to be different lengths because the shape of the bonnet. thats what i had to do anyway so not sure if other people can confirm, also i just went to b and q and bought a length of aluminium tubing stuff that fits just over the thickness of the extended bolts, cut that to the lengths required and you have plenty spare to get it the way you want it heres a pic of mines:

2973667202a9955379562o.jpg

the tubing was like £3 or something, i bought a bonnet spacer kit from ebay and all of it was wrong i.e. the length of the spacers, the length and thickness of bolts. just take one bolt out your bonnet and get to b and q, find 4 extended bolts same thread with washers and a lentgh of that aluminium rod, its in the hardware section i think where all the lengths of metal are

the seller on ebay for the LED rears is called takajos.
thanks for that, i have found them now:grinning:

and cheers for advice on bonnet raisers, i went to band q and bought some rubber/plastic tubing and some extended nuts for a total cost of four pound odd. got straight to work with fitting them and heres the results:
work in progress:
66gh9d.jpg

and done:
a48qie.jpg

going to re ajust it today so it sits higher as i think it just lookslike the bonnet is sitting out of place at the minute. just need to motivate myself to get ready before i have to start getting ready for work lol

what size and thread was the bolts..(i.e. 15mm m8) i can turn some out at work and make some steel spacers...round bar with a clearence hole in :)

ok ill make some riser kits up....yh i think it arrived this morn thanks will get pics up when its on :D

how much are people riseing by? 15mm 30mm?

yeah mate im just about to go and do that now lol. ill reply within 10 mins

ok atm mine is raised 15 mm which dosnt look like much at all so it must have to be 30 mm

ok kl i got some 15mm spacers made..ill put em on get pics and then do some 30mm ones and make the kites to request

ok nice one mate

ok i have redone the bonnet raisers and chopped them at 30mm. it is sitting a lot better now and have also put my wiper back to normal but still only have one untill payday next friday lol
here we are:
301fxqx.jpg

clearance:
2hewqw2.jpg

home made spacers(30mm):
2lntgcg.jpg

and finally better looking wiper position:
4rvoea.jpg

busy busy busy. night shift tonight though:(

looks good. but i think 30mm is too much ill make some 20mm ones and test em. does the cach need rasing too?

if you get some ultra bright headlights and sidelights they have a slight tint of blue and when they are starting to go they go green (Y) just a word of advice for a fellow sr driver :grinning: haha

update.
got some tinted windows from jimbling and some wind deflectors as well. cars booked in to be painted next monday:D
wind deflector
wqx1ld.jpg

window
2cfed1d.jpg

well got payed today and ordered ALOT of stuff but you's wont find out till i get all of them lol. painted rocker cover today in ford graphite grey. not the best of finishes but this really was a test to see if the normal halfords paint would put up with the heat of the rockercover, and to my delight it has. so some time soon i wil redo the rocker covr cause i want th engine bay looking its best. (sorry for esay, im drunky drunk drunk and took me nearly a hour to write that lol)
anyway heres pics: (well piC lol)
24etiz7.jpg

update!!:

update!!:
postman kindly dropped this through the door this morning. i only ordered it yestersday afternoon :O.
battery terminals:
24nfmnk.jpg

got a little more done on the engine bay today in the pising down rain, didnt get a close up pic of it completley done but here is half way through stage:
2w65blt.jpg

mean green machine:
8z39z4.jpg

and finally the products i used today:
sv1hyw.jpg

will be off the road for a few days soon as the cars being dropped off to be painted monday morning :D

SPECIAL DELEVERY!!
after a few days wait there here thank god. the bad news is my cars being painted so i have to imagine wht they will look like lol.
whats this then:
2i96m9l.jpg

ahhh its a exhaust:
16c2w6b.jpg

middle:
28wf1h0.jpg

exhaust again:
esos4j.jpg

this here my friend will give me 1000 bhp:p:
2m69yyw.jpg

omp!:
2utgl91.jpg

mmmmm!:
339na06.jpg

random shot, i think it looks quite mean lol:
2usag0l.jpg

also my aero wiper blades arrived yesterday but didnt manage to get a pic before car went to bodyshop.

also i was wondering is there any chance of taking the middle bit out if the exhaust (see pic) as ther is a allen key bolt on the outside and a nut on the inside but it has to spot welds on it. i could not see this on the pic on ebay or wouldnt have bought it. would this increase the free flow aswell?
esos4j.jpg

over and out
steve

okay then, here we go:
had a really really busy week with the car and it looks totally different and a lot better than last week. altougha lot of money has been spent i dont regret any off it :D.
so heres all the pics of my new paintjob:
k2l5zd.jpg

back:
2nuu9ar.jpg

boot:
nn0gnb.jpg

rear quater:
2hrk840.jpg

toe in eye:
f55zis.jpg

grill:
3xwlf.jpg

aero wipers:
eqee6q.jpg

grill:
msdcsz.jpg

starting to paint wheels:
sboh91.jpg

getting there:
2i9qzhu.jpg

done!:
2rgja69.jpg

mmm!!:
34f0e9g.jpg

on the grass:
2ijhic.jpg

grassy ass:
1zbgfiq.jpg

so as you can see from the start of the project to now, which iirc is just over a month my little micra has come a long way. will hopefully have good enough weather to whip the t-cut out tomorow and maybe a quick hover.
all coments welcome:D

Car is looking great, wish my Micra was on the road and went to that meet, there was more people there than the ferrybridge meets, lol.

sv1hyw.jpg

Thought it was a mobile Halfords, lol. Just missing a bulb kit.

coming along really nicely mate!!

oh just read the entire thread and saw my mention,hehe, thing with mine is its so basic to do

t cut
colourcode
lower
breathing mods

simple but effective

next on the list is the 50mm springs,you really wont regret it mate

cheers

oh and the paint job....stunning!!

ok not been on here in a while and since then done a few little things to change the cars looks for the better imo. just picked my car up from having a oil and filter change and its running better than ever.
heres some pics.
here we are:
2u7sjrb.jpg

side:
2jw0b5.jpg

back:
2rcxt34.jpg

underneath:
2yxjkah.jpg

kiss my ass:
vh6lvd.jpg

oil cap:
2qx2lip.jpg

black mesh:
2eqfn7k.jpg

and finally silver calipers, but i think they wil be going black as i painted them when the wheels were black but doesnt quite go with the red:
25teno7.jpg

so there you are, my car up to date and considering i have only had it just 1 month and weeks i think it has came on really well on a tight budget.
before:
2yy9mkp.jpg

after:
2u7sjrb.jpg

before:
n6xqiw.jpg

after:
2rcxt34.jpg

comments and ideas welcome

i measured the amount of spring i took off the back and it was 120mm. however they i had matiz springs on the back which are 50mm lower already asccording to frank. so technically on the back its been dropped around about 170mm lol

Back