• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Harlen's Black SR 'Kacey'

LET THE SHOW + TRACK SEASON 2013 PREPARATIONS.... BEGIN!

So fabbed up an induction kit over the weekend using leftover samco hoses, some tubing and a HKS mushroom filter. At first, it looked like this, which I wasn't too happy with.

oZcunmy.jpg

Couldn't leave it like that really, so found a bit more pipe and added it to the samco bit and fitted the filter behind the battery

W9Sgl9j.jpg

GIcNmIw.jpg

Much better!

I know these things typically don't do to much but I was surprised at the pick up in the mid range. The car definitely works harder past 3500/4000 rpm. Still need to fit a CAI too

And the noise is spectacular...

Roll on MOT in a month so I can get my 4-2-1 and (hopefully) Peter Lloyd system fitted!

LET THE SHOW + TRACK SEASON 2013 PREPARATIONS.... BEGIN!

So fabbed up an induction kit over the weekend using leftover samco hoses, some tubing and a HKS mushroom filter. At first, it looked like this, which I wasn't too happy with.

oZcunmy.jpg

Couldn't leave it like that really, so found a bit more pipe and added it to the samco bit and fitted the filter behind the battery

W9Sgl9j.jpg

GIcNmIw.jpg

Much better!

I know these things typically don't do to much but I was surprised at the pick up in the mid range. The car definitely works harder past 3500/4000 rpm. Still need to fit a CAI too

And the noise is spectacular...

Roll on MOT in a month so I can get my 4-2-1 and (hopefully) Peter Lloyd system fitted!
Peter Lloyd system you will be happy with mate

well sit on my face and call me terry

Can't wait to get one :D

The car's sound has completely changed with that induction system. I've got a throaty, raspy rally sound now and I'm still rocking a full catted system and just a welded on back box. With the 4-2-1 and peter lloyd I think It's going to sound amazing and hopefully give me a big increase in power.

Would be cool if you made a dyno before with full stock exhaust system and then with free flow exhaust setup. Anyway induction pipe all alone or decat all alone are not efficient, but that setup seems smart.

Would be cool if you made a dyno before with full stock exhaust system and then with free flow exhaust setup. Anyway induction pipe all alone or decat all alone are not efficient, but that setup seems smart.
Aye! I did want to dyno it as stock but I'm not really in with anyone who runs a dyno around here so it'll end up costing quite a few quid to do it twice. Induction + exhaust will compliment each other but I couldn't wait to fit the induction :D so why not

Come early March it'll be running the freeflow exhaust, induction, 7mm copper core ignition leads and bosch S4 spark plugs. That'll be the bare minimum spec by then. Can't wait to see what gains they'll have.

No fancy pictures this time, but look what I just picked up :D

It's well skinny too. Hopefully it'll hold my shapely buttocks in place when I'm driving a bit spiritedly.

IMG_0255.jpg
Hey mate, just wanted to know how comfortable you found the bucket seat or if you would go back to the stock seats? I'm thinking of getting some bucket seats but never been in them before

Hey mate, just wanted to know how comfortable you found the bucket seat or if you would go back to the stock seats? I'm thinking of getting some bucket seats but never been in them before

Bucket seat all day every day :) I prefer the snug fit to be honest - I hate feeling like I'm not properly held in. This ones a fixed seat so not very adjustable so recliners are naturally more comfortable but you won't have as much hold.

Recently did a 300 mile round trip with one 10 minute stop and of course I'd be more comfortable in a lovely leather cushiony seat but it wasn't too bad! I must add I am a youngen too so these things don't bother the ole back yet!

Bucket seat all day every day :) I prefer the snug fit to be honest - I hate feeling like I'm not properly held in. This ones a fixed seat so not very adjustable so recliners are naturally more comfortable but you won't have as much hold.

Recently did a 300 mile round trip with one 10 minute stop and of course I'd be more comfortable in a lovely leather cushiony seat but it wasn't too bad! I must add I am a youngen too so these things don't bother the ole back yet!
Haha yeah I'm not that old yet, just like the look and 300mile trip with one stop... damn!
I was looking into these but didnt want to buy them yet as I'm unsure if it will be waste... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIGHTWEIG...rts_SM&fits=Car+Make:Seat&hash=item564f722c26

Haha yeah I'm not that old yet, just like the look and 300mile trip with one stop... damn!
I was looking into these but didnt want to buy them yet as I'm unsure if it will be waste... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIGHTWEIGHT-FIBREGLASS-BUCKET-CAR-SEATS-RACING-SPORTS-TRACK-DAY-DRIFTING-SEAT-/370700069926?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car Make:Seat&hash=item564f722c26

That is a seriously good price! Only thing with bucket seats is that there's no mounts available to bolt them into the K11 so you've gotta do custom work, not wildly difficult but one thing to keep in mind.

That is a seriously good price! Only thing with bucket seats is that there's no mounts available to bolt them into the K11 so you've gotta do custom work, not wildly difficult but one thing to keep in mind.
Well mine would be for the K10 but I thought there would be some sort of custom work involved. Thanks for helping out :)

Pics of the sexy cockpit :D Needs a ruddy good clean and tidy though!

DVm8S9v.jpg

MrxYS2U.jpg

Feeling VERY happy with the car at the moment. It's pretty much perfect - still got a nice little collection of parts waiting to be fitted though ;)

tumblr_inline_mi9sm7Svmn1qz4rgp.gif

Thinking of doing some sticker bomb work on my dash as I still have 3/4s of my sticker bomb book filled up. What do you guys reckon, do it, or is sticker bombing already far too played out?

Do you use the original belts for daily duties Harlen? I was under the impression that those QR buckles were not road legal - but I've been wrong before.

I was talking to motty about this cause he has qr harnesses and apparently they're mot friendly
Aye according to my local station they shouldn't be a problem - I have kept the stock belt in for this reason though, just in case they get a bit bothered that there's no 'proper' seatbelt in there.

I know loads of people who use QR harnesses, and the ones I'm running are even advertised as "For street and track use"

Not for the car, but for me, to use in the car :D Got some race wear for my birthday! Couple of belated birthday presents I wasn't expecting from my dad... Chuffed to hell. Need to get down the local kart track asap to wear them in.

Nitro helmet + Ayrton Senna driving shoes

U3Ackyf.jpg

JxyunnU.jpg

Did a few bits and pieces. Fitted an oil catch tank, painted my valve cover, fitted a TRS tow strap (much harder than I was expecting!) and sorted my rattly ass exhaust. The baffles have gone in my mid silencer, I originally thought it was the heat shields being a pig. So it's even more of an excuse to buy a proper exhaust!

t5X01Io.jpg

WJedQhm.jpg

q0FWJgB.jpg

Looks much better! Basically all my odd jobs are done, everything I had to fit is fitted. Pics don't do it justice either!

Once I've finally picked up an exhaust to go with my manifold it'll be happy days! I've now got myself a job so the money will be flowing nicely eventually.

Did a few bits and pieces. Fitted an oil catch tank, painted my valve cover, fitted a TRS tow strap (much harder than I was expecting!) and sorted my rattly ass exhaust. The baffles have gone in my mid silencer, I originally thought it was the heat shields being a pig. So it's even more of an excuse to buy a proper exhaust!

t5X01Io.jpg

WJedQhm.jpg

q0FWJgB.jpg

Looks much better! Basically all my odd jobs are done, everything I had to fit is fitted. Pics don't do it justice either!

Once I've finally picked up an exhaust to go with my manifold it'll be happy days! I've now got myself a job so the money will be flowing nicely eventually.

Did you grab the induction from someone on here mate? :)

Noooooo! if you ever think like that again I'll! I'll! I'll!!!! do swapsies with you
;)
I'll keep you updated chap instead of ripping it out I'll get myself a replacement first... Don't want anything for it really just normal center console money and I'll ship it out to you if you're still interested.

I'll keep you updated chap instead of ripping it out I'll get myself a replacement first... Don't want anything for it really just normal center console money and I'll ship it out to you if you're still interested.

Sounds like a deal my friend :)

Wow harlen, what a great little sr.

Really is a shame I squished mine :(

Wheels are perfect

As someone said earlier get corsa b rear lowering dampers (£60 on ebay)

Grind little of the bottom, use smaller bolt and nut from halfords and cut 1 more coil off.

The damper will still work as intended unlike your stock ones and best of all they stay fully captive when jacked up

Keep up the good work, your doing the black k11s justice :)

Wheels ordered, gotta do some measuring to see what tyres I'll be running as the arch gap is going to be tight!

They aren't the most hipster wheels in the world but the car's definitely gonna be rocking some race stance.

Back