Harlen's Black SR 'Kacey'

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
wats with people a cobra seats...get a set of recaros

It does the job as well as any Recaros ;) If you could wire me the monies for proper Recaros or preferably Brides I'd love to take you up on it though.

Cheers for the comments guys :)

D

Deleted member

recaros are a nicer seat do..dats my opinion any way..fishnet recaros a lovely set of seats

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Got something a little bit fancy in the mail today!

YFACg.jpg

Set of 13x7 Starmags. Woo!

Co2Lb.jpg

Fitment junkies approved?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Nah just bore them to the right size, but harlens wheels have a 67.1 bore

Typo ;)
Wasn't sure if he'd want to get them bored or just opt for spacers. Though putting them on a lave would be much cheaper :D

EDIT:
Confused myself, ignore my gibberish :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Typo ;)
Wasn't sure if he'd want to get them bored or just opt for spacers. Though putting them on a lave would be much cheaper :D

EDIT:
Confused myself, ignore my gibberish :rolleyes:
Haha, you did have me worried for a minute there!

Slight update while I'm at it, I've opted for Nankang 165/55/13 tyres which are sitting alongside the wheels ready to be fitted. Will have updates for you early next week!

I'm hoping that they'll sit nicely with just the 60mm springs - but If needs be, I'll introduce them to mr angle grinder.

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
i had a set of those a while back, great when new and lasted well. but dreadful grip when they were due for changing
That's great to hear - I've never really had 'budget' tyres before so i honestly don't know what to expect :D But for £32 a corner, the price will make up for any problems with them I think.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Harlen said:
That's great to hear - I've never really had 'budget' tyres before so i honestly don't know what to expect :D But for £32 a corner, the price will make up for any problems with them I think.

£32 a corner fitted? Damn that's pretty good, I forked out £45 a corner :'(

I'm on the same Nankang and they feel pretty planted when cornering. They also feel pretty soft though, kinda hoping they'd last quite a long time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
That's the problem with tyres, 'grippy' and 'long lasting' are kinda opposite ends of the same spectrum :D. I was lucky to get 18,000 miles (about 10 months) out of a pair of T1-Rs but the grip was worth it :).

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
I like that a lot.

Get ya grinder out, and space the rears a tad to match the front.

I think it has to be done, I'm thinking about chopping it down more. I already took one coil off the front and 2 off the back!

I won't space the rears, I'm happy with how they sit and I think a little negative camber up front will even out the look some more.

How was your experience with your 2 down and out K11s? Any advice? :)

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I think it has to be done, I'm thinking about chopping it down more. I already took one coil off the front and 2 off the back!

I won't space the rears, I'm happy with how they sit and I think a little negative camber up front will even out the look some more.

How was your experience with your 2 down and out K11s? Any advice? :)

I thought it looked low for -60s :)

It's unlikely you'll get any rubbing on the front. I was running +6 on the front of mine no problem. The rear, well that's like what Karl said.
I think you are probably sitting about where I was, so you might well run out of shock going much lower.

DSCF3162.jpg

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Thanks buddy^^

Here's another image so you can see where I'm coming from - I'm not as low as you Mark, or Martinb (who was my main inspiration for all this - I've always thought his black Super S is perfect!). I defo think one more coil. And like you say, after that I think I'll have run out of shock anyway.

e6aBb.jpg

Anyway - as I said! I'm very very happy with it. Just trying to tweak it and get it perfect!

Have you thought about using corsa b rear shocks? Worked wonders with my 80mm springs and I've still got room to go further down if need be

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Laguna splitter, proper painted driving lights and a ruddy good clean and polish. Tried Autoglym's deep shine polish, works really nice on the black.

llKFh.jpg

e8pei.jpg

Upnmx.jpg

All set for JAE. VERY happy with the car right now, had my mind set on going lower but I think it's low enough. I think at that height it keeps more of the track car type look as well instead of looking like a euro car, which wasn't really my intentions when I got the car.

Can't wait for Friday!

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Will see ya there. Should get the black cars together ;) I use the deep shine polish also, it is good stuff, have you tried meguiars x scratch remover before using the polish?

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Will see ya there. Should get the black cars together ;) I use the deep shine polish also, it is good stuff, have you tried meguiars x scratch remover before using the polish?
Oooh I haven't, is it any good? You can't really see it from the pics but you'll defo notice it in person, but the car is absolutely covered in scratches :( Looks alright from a distance but as soon as you look in detail it becomes obvious!

Jay101

Black&Yellow
My mistake it wasn't scratch it was swirl :rolleyes: yep deffo recommend it for no more the £10, the colour just looks deeper and when the sun is shining on the car your get the full mirror reflection ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1346696530866.jpg

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Glad you're coming to JAE, haven't seen you since my very first visit to Santa Pod. Seems like I've been to a lot of Jap shows since then but JAE rules them all :).

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Really nice mate but...

IMG_0197.jpg

I MISS THIS!!! lol

If you ever want to swap micra's then let me know :p im sorry if i completely copy this style next year lol

'

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Bit of a boring, picture-less update but I'm afraid this is the way it'll be for a while!

Past couple of weeks i've been looking at SR20s and turbo kits. Really feeling a big change - I've got the car looking exactly how I want but now I'm getting a bit bored of just 75hp.

Rung my insurance company and they won't insure me full stop for either of the mods. A mate said I should try Flux - he pays £2000 a year for a stage 2 1.8T converted Seat Ibiza with 250hp. Happy days.

They want £2500 for a 120hp turbo setup, and £3500 for the 150hp SR20 swap. So it's absolutely not gonna happen, I really can't afford those prices :(

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Woop woop!

I've had this car a year now and I absolutely love it. It's my pride and joy.

Cannot wait to attack the tracks and attend lots of events in 2013. I am still on the lookout for parts here and there and I do want to go lower but for the time being I still love the car.

Couple of snaps for you:

XEJVc.jpg

Parked up at work and realised how damn low that splitter sits. I would like to have less arch gap but that means I'll probably have to fit the smaller Cupra splitter instead.

dGgGU.jpg

After a night of driving around on country roads as a designated driver. Didn't even notice how dirty it was until I'd parked up outside PC World. Needless to say I took it to the local Eastern European lads to give it a quick once over (currently pretty ill so I couldn't justify doing it myself in the cold!)

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Why dont you swap the rears to the front mate? fronts seem wider
They're all 13x7 et6, it's just the front of the Micra is wider :/ I've got camber bolts to go on the front which'll bring them in a little when I get around to lowering it more.

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Thats odd, is it just super s/sr thats wider or just preface in general?

In general I reckon - my old one was the same. ET38 wheels on the front looked beastly but on the rear they hid away in the arches!

You probably don't notice it on yours with the staggered offset but if you pick up some different wheels soon which are all equal you'll notice it too.

frank

Club Member
Cannot wait to attack the tracks and attend lots of events in 2013. I am still on the lookout for parts here and there and I do want to go lower but for the time being I still love the car.
ooh some competition eh :cool:

Thats odd, is it just super s/sr thats wider or just preface in general?
dont forget your red wheels had a staggered offset tho eh doug :) (different et front and rear)

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
ooh some competition eh :cool:

dont forget your red wheels had a staggered offset tho eh doug :) (different et front and rear)

Some of the track events MSC attended last year looked amazing - I've promised myself to get to as many as I can this year :) I don't want to miss out on the fun!

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
vFCvBij.jpg

Cheeky snow picture! If I was Robert Murtaugh, I'd be saying something about being too low for this ****.

The good news is that the car is finally getting some long awaited love. I've already collected a few parts and hopefully picking up more at the weekend. I'll get some proper pictures soon, it'll all be happening after my MOT + insurance renewal at the end of Feb!

skymera

Brutal Honesty
xD! That splitter looks huuuuuuuuge.

I do like those smaller mudguards though. Only on the Super S/SR? I've got the big plastic ones that say "Micra" ¬.¬

Might just be the angles, looks like you have a bit of positive camber on your front wheels?
I had the same problem on mine

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Nah the wheels are pretty much completely straight. Still got to fit my camber bolts to bring them in a little anyway, stupid front offset.

The splitter is badass! I think the amount of snow is exaggerating it's huge-ness :p

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
xD! That splitter looks huuuuuuuuge.

I do like those smaller mudguards though. Only on the Super S/SR? I've got the big plastic ones that say "Micra" ¬.¬

Might just be the angles, looks like you have a bit of positive camber on your front wheels?
I had the same problem on mine

Oh and I have no idea about the mudguards I thought they were all the same to be honest