• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

sr-steve's blog.

hi there, my name is steve and i am 18 living in newcastle/gateshead. i have recently just bought a nissan micra sr and love the car to bits. its a n reg, 94,000 miles, tax and mot till january, fsh, 2 owners from new and the guy i bought it of had it for 12 year since he passed his test. I got it for 600 pound ( i no i had my eyeballs ripped out but i was desprate for a car lol ) i have very big plans for this car however funds are limited being at college and all that. the original plan was to stick a set of primera alloys on then came the kick in the balls, the pcd is different. so, plan b...there is no plan b yet so i have turned to the bodywork, as you can see it is in a bit of a state but will soon be sorted. will be needing every bit of help i can get of you guys and hopefully i stick to this project cause i have had 6 cars in a year, all have had plans, none have happened and been sold on lol.
anyway now for some pics of the beast lol.
from the front
2yy9mkp.jpg

back, started a bit work on it
n6xqiw.jpg

dirty dirty rust
2nw1fsp.jpg

the assistants
2ngrms7.jpg

if those wheels get any bigger i think i might need to rol the arches lol
ouzcqu.jpg

started cleaning it. ( considering the rocker cover was black i havnt done to bad lol)
kbuo0w.jpg

mods so far
1.6*9 infinity speakers.
2.de wipered back.
3.took one front wiper off and stupidly threw it away thinking it looked good at the time
4.painted rear calipers (done these first in dis belief that i had them lol)
5.sony cd player iirc

near future plans (next week)
1.get open mouth grill from richie.
2.send bumper to a plastic welder to get number plate recess removed.
3.paint headlights and side bits on fogs.
4.hopefully find a laguna splitter at scrappy.

have been quoted 150 pound for all the parts that i need resprayed so that will be done next month to get the bodywork out of the way. and thats it for now
all comments and ideas welcome ....thanks steve

Plans etc all sound good, I'd be more concerned with cleaning up the rust etc first though!

Also, I'd suggests taking off your bumpstrips before having any bodywork done, that way if underneath needs a touch up you can have it all done at once :)

yeah well the quote for the 150 respray includes all the parts where the rust is and he said he will sort that out for me so all the bodywork rust will be sorted. i was going to take the bumpstrips off yesturday, had the extension and the hairdryer dug out ready, then out of know were it started peeing down. oh well thats britain for you lol

i love that colour i used to have a 1.3gx that colour, miss it :( lol

yeh mate you'd wanna get the rust sorted thats pretty bad

yeah robert. just took one of the rear quater bumpsrips of and its going to need touched up. how do i get the glue off without using my fingers when its hot as i now have a rather large blister on my thumb lol

Something like white spirit/parrafin/petrol.. I think i actually used furniture polish. Use an old tesco clubcard or something (plastic!) instead of your fingers :)

oh i thought they where standard on most micras. the fact it had rear disc brakes, electric windows and power stearing were the big selling point for me lol

nah rear disc were an option for a few models.
Car looks good, 600 quid ain't bad for a rear disc SR, bargain i would say!

about the rust, id recommend getting it cut back and a piece welded back. sanding it down and putting filler on it wont stop it coming back worse

Not a bad purchase my friend - especially the rear discs! I'm jealous too :( Fancy trading with my drums? lol
I love the little jack russells too - they're adorable! :blush:

Not a bad purchase my friend - especially the rear discs! I'm jealous too :( Fancy trading with my drums? lol
I love the little jack russells too - they're adorable! :blush:

i love my discs to much to swap lol :p..as for the dogs the small one is 8 month old but was at the vets the other day and they said hes the size of a 4 month old puppie lol

well mini update. have hammerited my engine and got rid of the manifold heatshield. looks miles better imo. pics to follow a bit later when i get a chance

*shakes fist* Darn you - I want them!! :p

Awww poor little thing, will he just not eat? Or was he just the runt of the litter? They're always skinny little things! :(

not eat?? he doesnt stop eating and runts of the litter are quite dogs iirc and he is loud, boisterus(if thats how u spell it lol) and always bullys bobby the bigger one lol

DISASTER!!
i painted my engine block and manifold earlier on today. nipped out to the shop and in a result i now have a toasted manifold:laugh: other than that pretty pleased with the result. looks a lot better than before:grinning:

before:
kbuo0w.jpg

after:
ivzqsz.jpg

so anyone got any advice for me on what paint to use, or should i get paintstripper and get it all off manifold lol
steve

i oust to live in wardley, white mere gardens. you know dixon and that? whats your name?

dunno any one by that name matey , my last names collins

and hammerite would be suitable for what you want to paint cos its high temp resistant ?

but im sure theres probably somthing better

absaloutly gutted !!!!. got some nice cav slabs from a mate for a bargain 100 pound, fitted them and took them for a test drive. driving down the rod it sounded like a wheel bearing was gone so i got out checked it. the nut had worked the way loose. so tightened them, off i went again. same again. decided not to buy them but as i was taking them of realised i needed spigot rings for them but kept it to myself as i had second thoughts on them.
work in progress:
t9h54l.jpg

and on, not that bad imo, shame they didnt fit:
24fjw36.jpg

got two of my mates to sit on boot to lower it o see what it would look like in future lol

UPDATE!
well had quite a busy weekend, just didnt have time to upload lol. cars coming on nicely now with steady progress so far(Y)
front:
5ann2h.jpg

and again:
2mdoupd.jpg

fibre glassed wiper hole:
33z5jm9.jpg

painted fog extension things:
2hhzjg0.jpg

new exhaust of a honda civic, guess how much?
154kpko.jpg

£15.00 :p going to get it customised to fit:
15649kz.jpg

toe in eye cover, just needs painted:
28qud82.jpg

matiz springs,:blues::
2czpu6g.jpg

toe in eye painted black, alot tidier imo:
f1cz13.jpg

infinity speakers:
5wjhnq.jpg

black centre console:
2112u1i.jpg

and again:
2q2l3yt.jpg

start of new grill:
zl87k7.jpg

grill 2:
http://tinypic.com/r/2zflt3r/5
green sidelights:
2v1oq6g.jpg

tinted light drivers side light as well but dont noif you can tell on the pic. will get more pics tomorow (Y)

this isnt meant to be a critisism so please dont take it that way,

if i were you i would slow down on the mods and just plan ahead.

the car you have is a very rare model SR with ALL of the factory options including ABS. this makes the car incredibly rare (especialy in green)

think about what will happen if you get caught with those green lights on the front? is it worth it?

is it worth bodging a rare car for a spare of the moment mod?

i mean £15 is brilliant for a back box, but i can see straight away its never going to fit the micra.. it would be better to wait a little bit longer and save up for a janspeed backbox or even a custom catback. in the long run it will save you lots of money and heartache. (i know as i have ruined my car the same way..lol)
please have a look at some of the other SR micra's on here and have a think, at least for a few days before potentialy ruining a great looking car...

fair enough comment mate, i was planning on getting the arms cut off and the standard micra backbox hangers welded on and turn the back box up side down so the tip is on the other side where it is ment to be. i no i have rushed into mods atm and a few i regret eg painting rear calipers and toe in eye white, but im new on the micra scene. wouldnt have took a second look at one until i got mine. the ultamate goal is to look like martyboys super s, i promise i wont waste such a good micra. and also i didnt relise it was so rare lol

and on another note, what is the opinions of the green sidelights. to much ripspeed look or ok look. as i have only noticed i am getting attention of chavs atm

what sort of attention from chavs...#### taking ? also...scrap the sidelights...not worth getting caught..and tbh it doesnt even make cars look good i dont understand why people do it. tint the side of the headlights and that will do for them...but dont #### about with coloured bulbs

Nice little sr man very tasty(Y) Thes lads are right though she's rare so take your time with it and ditch the green sidelights (Y)

Liking the rear discs!

IM FORTHING AT THE GASH,
just made a open mouthgrill on the first attempt and love it, still has a bit of work to be done to it though as it still a bit rough but all takes time lol. also tinted the headlights wich i am well chuffed with.
so heres the grill and lights:
front:
e66ply.jpg

lights and grill:
8vp5aq.jpg

my atempts to be arty lol:
2iw3x3o.jpg

so went to have a look at my mates new car today and as it is sorn it is parked at his dads mates bus depot. i was driving in when i spooted a gem in the corner of my eye tucked away,

front:
2kkm12.jpg

again:
1zg8e8x.jpg

back:
2duz42.jpg

mine and the beast:
2zrf0jn.jpg

and again:
20ihnys.jpg

and now for my little photoshoot at the bus depot,
1husf6.jpg

3585leh.jpg

28lh0ly.jpg

1zbfitc.jpg

244r3uv.jpg

so then thats the update for today. the front end coming along nicely, plans are as follow,
1.laguna splitter
2.colour code grill and toe in eye cover.
3.get two wipers on.
4.get matiz springs on to lower 50 - 60 mm.
5.get secret bonnet..cars built arounf this. :D

so there you are todays updae :p

Car is looking awesome mate, it's really nice! But along the lines of what Antony said, whatever you change, look to keep the original as it is a very tidy rare little Micra! (Y)
That's what I'm trying to do to mine as much as possible - pretty much leaving it to JDM options and OEM options!

car looks mint mate :D would love to have an sr!!.... is it legal to have green sidelights???

and the matiz springs... been told different things by different people lol which springs from the matiz fit on the micra?? (i've been told just the rears of the amti fit both the front and the back of the micra) what are you doing???

think the sidelights are illegal. they are coming out soon and as for the springs i have got the rear springs from a 02 matiz and putting them on the front for 50 - 60mm drop. dont know what im doing with the back yet though.

think the sidelights are illegal. they are coming out soon and as for the springs i have got the rear springs from a 02 matiz and putting them on the front for 50 - 60mm drop. dont know what im doing with the back yet though.

aaahhh i see, i wanted to put green sidelights on :( yeahh i thought the rear springs fitted the front, i've heard that suzuki alto springs fit the back, may help :)

can any one gieve me any ideas of free mods i could, for example the de wipering.... just im skint at the min and want the progress to continue. thanks

haah where did ya spot the white micra mate as its one of my friends dads micra its a 1.3 canny nippy as well

free mods open the grill like you have done open the bumper but not sure with you having the driving lights de bump strip her colour code stuff that aint green tint rear lights spray ya wheels white and keep her clean

haah where did ya spot the white micra mate as its one of my friends dads micra its a 1.3 canny nippy as well

free mods open the grill like you have done open the bumper but not sure with you having the driving lights de bump strip her colour code stuff that aint green tint rear lights spray ya wheels white and keep her clean

spotted it at kingsleys bus depot in birtley/washington. liked the oz wheels, only thing that let it down for me was the 5 doors lol

ill be getting everything colourcoded soon when i get it painted, and im wanting some new alloys this payday so just going to leave them. hoping to get the front springs on on thursday to see if they fit and if they are enough drop for what i want to do. i was thinking paint my calipers, but only have silver and white hammerrite and think it looks a bit tacky after doing the rear calipers. so what does people think for calipers?
1. silver
2. white
3. other

Back