• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Noddie's K11

Thanks guys(Y)
Manifold i got from broony along with the turbo and other bits (dunno if you remember but he was selling them on here a while ago)
As for the sensor, it cost me an extra £90:S so make me an offer mate:)

yeah, dont really expect that back, but if noone wants it then i will keep it as a spare, no biggy. tbh just checked and there are some on ebay for just over £50, but they have a different plug to mine so dunno whats going on there like...

emissions mate, dont want to have to mess about come MOT time. when i make the ss system il fit a propper race cat where the second one is now.

I started sorting out the wiring for the WB controler today, at some point this W/E i hope to get the standalone running on the new timing set-up and the wideband working... hopefully!

Finnished wiring loom for hawk and wideband, welded in lamda boss to new exhaust, tom il try to get the car running on the hawk and the wideband setup a bit...

cheers frank, im having a great time doing it all!
the whole project is to learn how to do all this stuff, hense why im going as much as possible myself.
stage one: learn to map standard engine, get all elec stuff set-up propperly.
stage two: bolt on turbo at low boost (6psi ish) and map that.
stage three: build up forged engine (got most of the bits needed, still need to get some con-rods made up) then up the boost (pos bigger turbo) to about a bar and map that.

Today (in the rain!) i fitted the crank pos wheel and sensor, with some tweeking due to clearance issues (anyone doing the same should consider the small amount of space between the crank pully and the chassy leg). After setting the sensor air gap to around 1mm i tested the set-up to 6500rpm and it ran fine. so hopefully now its just a case of plugging in the loom and changing a couple of settings, then the car should then fire into life (Y)

:O no doubt they will cost a bit, i know a company in AUS that sell then if you dont alredy know somwere

has anyone used a forged crank in a k11 before?

Yeah, iv found a couple of companies that will make them for about 400 which doesnt seem too bad! not sure about the crank mate...

Very small update: ecu now reads 5000 RPM on cranking and wont start... Any ideas Bagas, Ed, Anyone?

it sounds like you,re getting a signal from every tooth ed :eek: (5000 divided by 35 teeth = 143 rpm, cranking speed ?)
and our stock cranks and rods are forged anyway aint they :cool:

Yeah, that sounds about right! but the 'trigger' on the wheel is supposed to be the missing tooth! bleedin 'universal' stuff!
Lol, yeah, but the rods are like little tooth picks compared to the aftermarket ones! the thing is, it seems that noone really knows the limits of the engine componants separately.
Iv just had a thought! if the ecu was reading the dips rather than the teeth, then it would just see 35 odd dips (one being a bit longer). so two things i could try as far as im concerned, switch the signal wires rounds?? or maybe it has somthing todo with rising and falling edge business.

No, i did it at 75, but that should be fine as there is a 'Trigger before TDC' input cell in the setup, the only thing it suggests is that the TBTDC value must be set to at least 10º greater than the maximum ignition advance the engine will use.

just got this from someone in OZ:
Hi, the amount of teeth is the problem as the unit is set to 2 teeth per revolution and now you have more and also it has a missing tooth. The Hawk does not do missing tooth signals so you need to cut excess teeth off to make it only see 2 teeth per revolution on opposing sides at between 60-70deg before TDC (set to 78deg at moment in ecu) and set the ecu to suit and it should start. If you give me your area I can put you on to a Wolf dealer in the UK which should be able to help you with the Hawk as it was made by Wolf.

Regards, Errol.

I'm guessing that it needs two triggers per rev so that it can also be run off of a cam sensor... in which case, i could possibly cover all holes apart from the small on in the dizzy and use that timing signal? would be easier than having the crank sensor there. the only thing is, im not sure of the 'Trigger before TDC' degrees of the dizzy sensor. I LOVE ALL THIS:D

it needs 2 signals per rev for each spark surely ed ? (and i think i would stick with the crank sensor personally) :grinning:

oh yeah lol, its late and its all spinning round in my head! the cam spins at half the speed of the crank eh. lol, sometimes i feel out of my depth, but you dont lean to swim in the kiddie's pool eh?
You are prob right... il whip it off tom and grind off those teeth, not sure why i have to make the triggers at 60-70deg BTDC though...

Good News: SHE RUNS!!!

Bad News: I managed to leave the wrong two teeth (did it late last night after a few beers:doh:) so i have ordered another trigger wheel (£20) and il put another crank pully together using a spare pully.

Atleast now i know exactly what i need to do now, no more guess work:D and also, i can do a better job of welding the wheel onto the pully(Y)

So, to everyone who has helped me get this far THANK YOU! i really dont think i could have got this to work without the help of you guys on here!

Soon the real fun will start!!!

one bit at a time:) yeah, i havent seen much real progress as such, hopefully one day it will all come together:p just wish everyone was closer, then we could help each other out more...

yup one day at a time Ed (Y) tell me about it, thank god ive got kris lol :) me and the misses are looking for a new house i'll persuade here to move down south near you so we can help each other out

na bugga that man i'll just buy a place with a garage (dig a pit in there) or rent a lock up :D....i'll see what its like when i come down and then work on roxy as she wears the pants in this relationship :(

so... how far away from the turbo, were have you/plan to place the wideband sensor on the down pipe? (if you can read that bit of mubo jumbo)

yeah fair enough!
i welded the boss in (see red arrow)
but when i make the stainless system i may go for (see yellow)
just that the first place keeps it looking a bit tidyer... its a heated sensor so shouldnt make much difference where it is i dont think.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Exhaurst finnished.JPG
    Exhaurst finnished.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 595
groovy!

you are useing the tech edge wideband arnt you? as im useing the same. did you go for the optinal AFR guage by any chance?

Nah, i got the one with inbuilt display, the plan is to mount it into the glovebox so that i can open it and see the display when i need. i see it as more of a tuning aid than somthing that needs to be kept an eye on (like oil pressure etc.)

yea im with you bud, i didnt get one with mine and was just wondering if its worth wilde having just hope the other one i got will work with it

yea im with you bud, i didnt get one with mine and was just wondering if its worth wilde having just hope the other one i got will work with it
on mine there is outputs for a gauge (and also the computer style jack in the side) so should be able to run a non-techedge gauge(Y)

sorry never got anything like that with it :(
oh, no worries. just had a look on their site, its got a fair bitta stuff on there. you should check it out, you might decide you can install it yourself, there is detailed wiring diagrams and setup information...
p.s, its a hell of a bitta kit you'v got there(Y)! one day il fork out for a new ecu:)

JE Pistons

This is mainly for martin, but here are some pics of the pistons i have...
attachment.php

attachment.php

hope these help:)

Attachments

• Piston Top.JPG
    Piston Top.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 543
  • Piston Bottom with numbers.JPG
    Piston Bottom with numbers.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 566
Thanks Ed, pending one more quote and if it's not a better price than these I'll buy mine tomorrow

unless you want to sell me yours :D

Lol, i could be tempted at the right price haha:D

Anyway,
got the new trigger wheel today (no thanks for bloody royal mail:mad:)
so got to butchering it and putting it on the crank pully. I have also started making another (more sturdy) sensor bracket as the last one put the sensor right over the timing 'spike' so i couldnt bleedin check it.
here is a pic...
attachment.php

and as you can see my welding is improving:D
attachment.php

Attachments

• new trigger wheel and sensor bracket.JPG
    new trigger wheel and sensor bracket.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 551
  • new sensor bracket back.JPG
    new sensor bracket back.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 537
Back