• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

im in shirley geoff, ive driven past your house many a time mate:)

i even stopped once and spoke to your brother about your red s14a as i loved the look of it so much!!

then there was an ae86, that was hard as ####

then a multi coloured pink and blue s13

ha ha im your stalker :eek:

Picked up a oil catch can from my boss today

Probably won't do anything but looks cool and will confuse the un suspecting

55d20d5c-49f0-206e.jpg

55d20d5c-4a1e-c517.jpg

55d20d5c-4a31-0fe6.jpg

Still needs a polish thou

Battery relocated behind passenger seat

55d20d5c-4a66-b141.jpg

Just waiting For some studding to turn up at work to bolt it through the floor

Why the battery relocating? or am i just being dumb :down:

Running a huge mr2 battery as that's all I got, it don't fit in the stock tray and intercooler pipes prevent it from going in the bay

Plus it kinda balances the car a little better :)

One of the best cars in the club, can't believe you were thinking of selling at one point!

thanks elliot i appreciate that

no selly selly now:)

plus im after scopez's status of '' oh sick , thats that turboed micra ya know" (sorry mate i had too!!)

this project would have been finished a long time ago if i had the money, soon my friends soon

muhahahahaha:laugh:

im in shirley geoff, ive driven past your house many a time mate:)

i even stopped once and spoke to your brother about your red s14a as i loved the look of it so much!!

then there was an ae86, that was hard as ####

then a multi coloured pink and blue s13

ha ha im your stalker :eek:

whhhhaaaaaaaa, well they were ok cars i suppose, well next time your passing say hello haha

Not updated in a while

Just got married on saturday and have been doing some bits in between

Firstly I got the manifold from eBay

01322e6d.jpg

Cut the flange off

52491836.jpg

Made a flange

445b0ddf.jpg

Sized it up

182ac50d.jpg

All welded up with my mma inverter arc welder, yeah I know blobby as hell but it's strong with no leaks

c6175ee2.jpg

1122e333.jpg

cea7f6ac.jpg

T3 flange welded on top

a3eb98df.jpg

Oil feed fitting

730a4c68.jpg

Oil return

Still needs pushing on fully

58504bd5.jpg

All fitted with old oil feed

6d5d4f46.jpg

How it sits

7dca667a.jpg

Other side

0ae4c97c.jpg

All fitted up into same intercooler

a870a32e.jpg

Just downpipe to complete

0dd217ab.jpg

looks great martin (Y) have you road tested it yet ?

Not yet mate waiting for an actuator and bracket, then got to make a downpipe, welding is funking cool, you can just make so much stuff!!

Just got to cut up some exhaust bends and start tacking into place :(

congratulations on the marriage...... as for the welds they look like my motto....... "it may not be pretty but it does the job"

Congratulations sir! I hope it all went well. Really sorry I couldn't make it!:( that new mani looks really good! Really makes me wonna get my car back on the road.

Congratulations sir! I hope it all went well. Really sorry I couldn't make it!:( that new mani looks really good! Really makes me wonna get my car back on the road.

Cheers mate, cheers all, you should get it back up n running Ed, forums dying for some more inspiration :)

Afraid not Shaun, have to get some money to make downpipe but have a couple of people to pay off first

Still need fuel rail and remap :(

Finally got round to fitting my bonnet pins!!:)

Because of my downpipe I'm having to move the radiator forwards an inch

This means losing the whole original slam panel and bonnet lock

Going to have to make a new slam panel

Raised my bonnet for temperature and cos it looks cool IMO

Little bro bought me my belated birthday present of Exhuast bends

And also my first time using a pop rivet gun, damn cool :)

009220df.jpg

074f29d2.jpg

ea65db75.jpg

ee8a3847.jpg

Might wanna paint the bonnet pins, they are the ones that tend to rust :D other than that it looks sweet.

What about removing the stock panel and making spacers to bring it forward then instead of welding it on, drills holes for bolts?

Thing is if I tilt the rad it fouls on the bonnet even without the slam panel

Gonna have to weld the bottom mounts lower down back onto the crossmember

Unless of course you know of a shorter radiator??

Cheers

Not sure if theres a shorter one.

What size is it that fouls? Give me the size and ill compare to the diffrent radiators we got in the unit :)

Stock rad size Scott

Google says

380x345x32

Cannot be any more than 400 wide at the absolute max

Cheers Scott nice one matey :)

Had a look tonight and only got a QG18 and SR20 radiator.

QG = roughly 450 x 710 x 60

SR = roughly 410 x 670 x 40

So doesnt look like any of them would suit :( sorry buddy.

Have you considered maybe a glanza radiator?

Ok cheers Scott no worries mate :)

Been busy making exhausts

Everyone should buy a welder ;)

Firstly had to start modifying franks downpipe as in no longer running a de cat/ cat due to clearance issues

So I started by connecting these two together

4d679846-8550-62a8.jpg

4d679846-8563-ca7d.jpg

Also started my downpipe, here's the elbow that comes of the v band turbo outlet

4d679846-85a6-e3d7.jpg

Excuse the blobby welds :)

Centre exhaust section in progress, finished now but on the car at the mo

4d679846-85d0-7939.jpg

Just need about 20cm of 2.5" mild steel exhaust to finish

Its coming, slowly though!!

Looking great but you need to put a bit more heat in the welds, it's blobbing like that because it isn't melting right into the base material fully :). Awesome build though (Y).

Looking great but you need to put a bit more heat in the welds, it's blobbing like that because it isn't melting right into the base material fully :). Awesome build though (Y).

Thanks guy, I'll try that, would it be worth going back over it? I mean that was my second full pass, too much heat though and I'll blow through

It's strong as though and she's not leaking?

Thanks for the help though mate :)

I wouldn't go back over it. Like you say, if it's gas-tight, it's doing the job :grinning:.

finally finished welding up the down pipe today, also had to make a exhuast bracket for the rear of the car, its been fun :)

few more bits to save up for, fuelling now and map

DSC_0932.jpg

DSC_0935.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0940.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0950.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0962.jpg

Cheers Ed ;) not long now I hope!?

Just a pic of my downpipe tacked into place

4d679846-a87a-8759.jpg

It's fitted now but you get the idea, welded in my lamba today, almost ready to start the beast!! :)

dunno about getting the hang of it, when joining two pipes i have to zig zag at around 25 amps to get some weld on there otherwise it turns into swiss cheese metal!! :eek:

after that another pass at 35-40 amps to fill in, and finally at around 60 amps (which is fun!!) which lays a load down but really penetrates and seals everything, getting there but its not pretty :(

still im a shoe string budget and cant pay anyone anything so have to do it myself, may get a mig for christmas although i like the simplicity of the mma inverter( as does frank!)

heres some pics of the budget spec downpipe and lamba fitted, please excuse the welds, there horrible but its super strong and most of all cheap as

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg

60 amps buttery weld :)

DSC_1034.jpg

fd225212.jpg

DSC_1038.jpg

more soon :)

dunno about getting the hang of it, when joining two pipes i have to zig zag at around 25 amps to get some weld on there otherwise it turns into swiss cheese metal!! :eek:

after that another pass at 35-40 amps to fill in, and finally at around 60 amps (which is fun!!) which lays a load down but really penetrates and seals everything, getting there but its not pretty :(

still im a shoe string budget and cant pay anyone anything so have to do it myself, may get a mig for christmas although i like the simplicity of the mma inverter( as does frank!)

heres some pics of the budget spec downpipe and lamba fitted, please excuse the welds, there horrible but its super strong and most of all cheap as

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg

60 amps buttery weld :)

DSC_1034.jpg

fd225212.jpg

DSC_1038.jpg

more soon :)

nice one mate coming along nicely! the progress is much steadier and good! before it seemed real fast and the little bits were stressing you out! like i get! but im kicking back now and just bit by bit really!

if theres anything you need a hand with mate or just a chat ill pop over if you want! ill even come down to ed with you when your ready for the mapping!

Back