• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

Hi mate, yeah 2.5, unfortunately it reduces down to 2 " half way through the car, something I'll sort at a later date :)
How's things haven't heard from you pal?

Hi mate, yeah 2.5, unfortunately it reduces down to 2 " half way through the car, something I'll sort at a later date :)
How's things haven't heard from you pal?

thats sweet mate...most important part is downpipe which wil have a good flow with that 2.5". Thats what I want on mine..:wow: 1 day. Yeah things are ok, to be honest iv been waiting to hear from you seeing as you were busy with the wedding etc.

Hopefully should've quite a few! Will have to arrange a turbo / extraordinary Micra meet up pod one day lol!! I'll be in contact soon scopez mate :)

As some of you may know i was struggling with the radiator hitting the downpipe and turbo elbow

determined to not spend a single penny i used what i had to make it fit

have had to cut slampanel off, lock and everything, had to cut a slot out of my bonnet (inside only!)

DSC_2244.jpg

final position

DSC_2255.jpg

had to make an extention to the hose, out comes the spare parts box ;)

DSC_2261.jpg

cut these to size

DSC_2264.jpg

just got to scavenge some clips from somewhere

DSC_2266.jpg

all finished

DSC_2243.jpg

front end done, grill fits all fine too

DSC_2272.jpg

DSC_2273.jpg

ready for action

DSC_2274.jpg

DSC_2277.jpg

rear is completely stripped out

DSC_2280.jpg

no more exhaust hanging down, well chuffed and the lowest point is the chassis rails :)

so thats it, turbo conversion finished

just need fuel pump and injectors then off to ed!!(Y)

wow that is one sweet little k11 mate (Y) what is your maf off mate? does it plug into the standard loom?

Cheers mate :) mines off an s14 200sx with the sr20 turbo engine

No you have to get the loom from the same car, well the plug actually and make a connector like polly p did :)

Cheers mate :) mines off an s14 200sx with the sr20 turbo engine

No you have to get the loom from the same car, well the plug actually and make a connector like polly p did :)

sweet just a thought cause im tempted to go down the k11 route just for a while. i just wondered about the maf cause when i turbo'd my sunny it coughed and spluttered at high revs it was a ga14 but i always thought it was the maf that caused it as it was like the cg and was sat in the throttle body. i never had it long enough to change it to find out. i was going to move it to the intake side of the blower. but no idea if it would of made any difference as im not the best when it comes to tuning lol im still learning as im going.

I believe Ed from fusion suggests having it as a blow through maf, works best apparently

I have mine like this as the stock ones over run at around 10 psi

For a lower boost setup it may not be vital mate :)

Your car is superb Martin, it really inspires me to do my turbo project... which I meant to start 5 years ago lol

But never the less I hope to have one component on my way to a nice 140bhp Micra :) then if I do i might supercharge the 160SR if I can source an Impul SC ;)

Good luck with the car mate, I aint read your thread but I plan to now same way i read polly's 83 pages too late lol

Pepper

Your car is superb Martin, it really inspires me to do my turbo project... which I meant to start 5 years ago lol

But never the less I hope to have one component on my way to a nice 140bhp Micra :) then if I do i might supercharge the 160SR if I can source an Impul SC ;)

Good luck with the car mate, I aint read your thread but I plan to now same way i read polly's 83 pages too late lol

Pepper

Thanks pepper means alot mate

I've realised a turbo conversion is not all expensive, all my stuff Is custom as I had the balls to try it, it's worked and wouldn't have been able if I had to pay someone to do it all for me

Start playing mate and your turbo dreams will cone true :)

Once I get an exhaust clamp and 1/8npt plug it's ready to start!!! :)

Well done mate its been an epic journey of doubts and set backs but your finally there and it will now serve you very well indeed!

Top quality bloke completed a top quality build! Im sure youve been an inspiration to many on here

Well done mate its been an epic journey of doubts and set backs but your finally there and it will now serve you very well indeed!

Top quality bloke completed a top quality build! Im sure youve been an inspiration to many on here

Cheers will, it's not been easy with no disposable income

I can't buy anything so just have to make it, it's the mapping I can't afford at all. That's where I fail as it will sit there till I win the lottery or something!! How's yours these days mate, I read you was having problems with mpg and waiting for your coilies?

I just looked at your pics from yesterday Martin, and I think the awesomeness of your car made me have an accident :eek:...

It just looks so perfect! Lush stance on those alloys, looks man in all black. Makes me wish I wasn't getting rid of mine now :down:

I just looked at your pics from yesterday Martin, and I think the awesomeness of your car made me have an accident :eek:...

It just looks so perfect! Lush stance on those alloys, looks man in all black. Makes me wish I wasn't getting rid of mine now :down:

Don't sell it!! Keep her going there a dying breed Daniel!!

Keeping in the flow of turbo parts one of the biggest problems I'm having is my fuel rail

I was given ages ago some 370cc injectors from and s14 sr20 with about 41k on I believe

They've been in the garage for sometime there just sitting on the shelf doing nothing

I was toying with franks idea of top feed fuel rail and turning the tb 180 for clearance

Problem is I have to buy the rail, stock injectors, redrill the inlet manifold and buy Volvo t5 injectors, all of which cost money I don't have .....

Soooo, with some inspiration from stanis blog I thought I'd have a go! Armed with a tape measure and hacksaw I set of to work!!

Here is what I started with

4d6798ff-a9eb-26f2.jpg

The two fuel rails
Cg13 and sr20

4d6798ff-aa3a-77f7.jpg

I started by removing injectors and fpr and made some measurements

Cg13 spacing 79mm

4d6798ff-aa4c-480f.jpg

Sr20 spacing 97mm

4d6798ff-aaaa-9bea.jpg

97- 79 =

4d6798ff-aabb-40d1.jpg

Chop chop

4d6798ff-aacd-6854.jpg

First set done

4d6798ff-aae4-513b.jpg

Second cut made, will have to remove all this excess metal with dremel etc

4d6798ff-aaf5-4c5d.jpg

Fitted up

4d6798ff-ab48-38dd.jpg

Last 18mm cut to be made

4d6798ff-ab7e-95f4.jpg

Also found some 1.6mm brazing rods which I believe will weld the rail

Total cost so far on weekend work and fuel rail... Sweet FA ;)

So after this little bad boys done, just fuel pump and Map left !!

Nicely done Martin and you gotta love bargain modding :grinning:

Oh yes !! It's scary how little the conversion is actually costing !! Albeit my labour doesn't come into account should have it at least tacked up by the week end

If not of too noddies once wages are back to normal and I've paid 2 good mates who are being very patient :)

that rail is looking good martin (Y)
but i have a spare topfeed one you can have for postage mate :) (if yours doesnt work out) they bolt straight onto a cg mani, but like you say it encroaches where the t/b idlevalve fits, you would need an SR20 t/b like mine ideally and an SR maf further upstream

Attachments

• 67520.jpg
    67520.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 527
that rail is looking good martin (Y)
but i have a spare topfeed one you can have for postage mate :) (if yours doesnt work out) they bolt straight onto a cg mani, but like you say it encroaches where the t/b idlevalve fits, you would need an SR20 t/b like mine ideally and an SR maf further upstream

Hi Frank cheers for the reply, I already have a sr20 maf on there as is

So does the sr20 tb fit without having to move the tb? Also does the inlet need drilling and tapping

Think Mckenzie gave me an ga16 tb but it Micra mk2 on it, its much bigger though I'll have to look

They may be the better option if this doesn't work out or the cost of braising it is too much ??

Hi Frank cheers for the reply, I already have a sr20 maf on there as is

So does the sr20 tb fit without having to move the tb? Also does the inlet need drilling and tapping

Think Mckenzie gave me an ga16 tb but it Micra mk2 on it, its much bigger though I'll have to look

They may be the better option if this doesn't work out or the cost of braising it is too much ??

2 of the SR20 holes line up mate, so i made an adapter plate from alloy and used the 2 holes, then fitted countersunk bolts in the other 2.
the GA t/b has the same clearance problems and is only 50mm eh (SR,s are 60mm)
and the QG red injectors were factory fitted to the 1.8,s eh, so should be fine for about 1/2 a bar of boost :grinning: (and you could run the disconnected coolant temp sensor hack @ full throttle ;) )

Is the adapter plate necessary or could use 2 holes and drill and tap the mani for the other 2?

What sr20 are we talking

Just a primera gt , almera gti? Or something more exotic?

Thanks for your help :)

Is the adapter plate necessary or could use 2 holes and drill and tap the mani for the other 2?

What sr20 are we talking

Just a primera gt , almera gti? Or something more exotic?

Thanks for your help :)
dunno martin tbh, shagmaster just said it was an SR20 one
and cisco,s had a group buy a while back with the adapters iirc, here,s mine tho

Attachments

• SDC12436.JPG
    SDC12436.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 510

I'm with you know, neat little job mate, maybe interested in the little adapter plate if you were thinking of making others?

What you using for gasket, high temp Black silicone?

Have you noticed much difference with the 60mm tb over stock

What is stock by the way?

40/45mm?

I'm with you know, neat little job mate, maybe interested in the little adapter plate if you were thinking of making others?

What you using for gasket, high temp Black silicone?

Have you noticed much difference with the 60mm tb over stock

What is stock by the way?

40/45mm?

poundland silicon sealer martin :wasntme:
dunno about gains without a back-to-back dyno eh, but its 29 sq cm surface area (nearly double the stock 45mm dia of 16 sq cm) and the CG maf area is nearly 60mm dia too, so mine,s over 50mm from the CAI near the bumper, right through to the plenum

One of the cleanest K11's i have seen....and its black (Y) Love the JDM bonnet style, the wheels, the drop....everything. Take good care of her (Y)

One of the cleanest K11's i have seen....and its black (Y) Love the JDM bonnet style, the wheels, the drop....everything. Take good care of her (Y)

Started on my fuel rail today,

Really getting the hang of my mma inverter welder now :)

DSC_0053.jpg

Cut the bracket of the original rail

DSC_0051.jpg

Bolted into place

DSC_0050.jpg

Welded the rest up

DSC_0055.jpg

Pic of mount welded

DSC_0057.jpg

Last mount to cut and weld up

DSC_0056.jpg

Almost finished!! Will probably have a few pin hole leaks but I'll go back over after if need be

DSC_0058.jpg

Also forgot this pic the other day

No exhaust anywhere lower than the chassis , well chuffed about that as I can go over speedbumps (just!) with less hassle

DSC_2282.jpg

And a pic of the mods to bonnet I had to do to allow it to close where I had moved radiator forward

DSC_2253.jpg

are you using the small plastic rings that space the fuel rail correctly?

Yeah mate you have to bolt the bracket on and then weld it into position whilst making sure it will clamp down far enough when tight, it's quiet tricky also as it can blow holes very easily

Should work though ;)

Finished the turbo conversion today :)

Also found out why my gear shift felt cack , spring had snapped

Removed all the heat shielding aswell, can't stand the stuff!!

Re bent the next coil inline and refitted it, feels so much better!

DSC_0060.jpg

Siliconed the air flow adapter gasket

DSC_0061.jpg

Few more pics

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

Also started and let it warm up, all good

It's making only 2 psi and you can hear the flutter, not sure why as actuator is set to 8 psi (stock setting)

Also when to stop and foot went straight to the floor!! Nothing then they came on :eek: locked up wheels and stopped, when I got back to my garage and braked it was the same except there's now a puddle of brake fluid on the floor!???

So lucky that there was no one there!!

Yeah mate you have to bolt the bracket on and then weld it into position whilst making sure it will clamp down far enough when tight, it's quiet tricky also as it can blow holes very easily

Should work though ;)

im sure youll find out when u have fuel spirting out at high pressure!

La de da la de da

Doop de doop de doooooo

It's boosting properly :)

Wastegate penny wasn't sealing

Doop de doop de dooo

Happy is an understatement!!

Fuel rail finished last night

Just mapping that's it!! I've done it, now I've got to rob a bank :(

Thanks to tristian aswell I've now got a set of 1.6 brakes and discs to fit

Awesome thanks mate

Perhaps Ed will take payment in Installments lol
Come to the RR Gathering next sunday...