• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

Yeah don't think it's refitable now :eek:

Kinda killed it

Gonna get car running NA first make sure all is well then whack turbo kit back on after all is settled down

What an absolute barsteward that was, the metal gasket between the gearbox and engine was different to any other I've seen

The driveshaft went through it and prevented me pulling the engine out, the block was loose but this was holding it on

After many swear words and gearbox oil, both gearbox and block are out on the floor

Should be collecting other one tomorrow

Phew

i recently had that prob too. eventually managed to pry my driveshafts out from the gearbox to free the box. now i just left out the splashplate for good. saves lota hassle next time, cools the clutch i guess and is cool to watch the flywheel whizz round underneath :p

I'm the same with the boltsize thing too :)
after several rebuilds and working on the car for soo long, when the cars in garage and all my tools are in workshop next door i could mentally playback the task i'm gonna do and pick out just the tools i need to carry over.

best of wishes on fixing the issues and maintaining motivation. i was also abit aggrovated when i had numerous oil leaks after fitting my turbo etc and feared all that work was for nothing and there's even more work & money to required. but i just kept a level head n "just kept swimming" investigating the issue and eventually solved it :)

Poor old marty boy, never goes right for you does it?!! But remember thats the whole idea of building a monster your going to take 2 steps forward and 3 back..... Don't give up please you need to see this one out. And i am also on the list to see it on the road it will be a weapon.
PS that tailgate looks nice!??:p

i recently had that prob too. eventually managed to pry my driveshafts out from the gearbox to free the box. now i just left out the splashplate for good. saves lota hassle next time, cools the clutch i guess and is cool to watch the flywheel whizz round underneath :p

I'm the same with the boltsize thing too :)
after several rebuilds and working on the car for soo long, when the cars in garage and all my tools are in workshop next door i could mentally playback the task i'm gonna do and pick out just the tools i need to carry over.

best of wishes on fixing the issues and maintaining motivation. i was also abit aggrovated when i had numerous oil leaks after fitting my turbo etc and feared all that work was for nothing and there's even more work & money to required. but i just kept a level head n "just kept swimming" investigating the issue and eventually solved it :)

Thanks mate I appreciate the kind words ;)

It just seems I get one thing sorted and a whole lot of ass ache is next inline :eek:

All I wanna do is getting the car boosting properly at low boost, leave it, get other parts and get it mapped

I have been unfortunate I guess but will all be worth it in the end :)

Problem with me and working is im a nightmare for putting sockets back and leaving tools under the car, then I start cursing because I can't find the 17mm socket and yep you guessed it, it's lying in a pile of gearbox oil!!

Gonna build gearbox up on the floor and crane it in, borrowing bosses crane

Also have a helix to go in now, big thankyou to scopez for the sale :)

I'll post pics of the donor car later

Poor old marty boy, never goes right for you does it?!! But remember thats the whole idea of building a monster your going to take 2 steps forward and 3 back..... Don't give up please you need to see this one out. And i am also on the list to see it on the road it will be a weapon.
PS that tailgate looks nice!??:p

Never does aye mate!! I'll get there... One day!!

Cheers for the boot, once everything's settled in it will being prepped for paint

See you soon mate

Cheers

Thanks mate I appreciate the kind words ;)

It just seems I get one thing sorted and a whole lot of ass ache is next inline :eek:

All I wanna do is getting the car boosting properly at low boost, leave it, get other parts and get it mapped

I have been unfortunate I guess but will all be worth it in the end :)

Problem with me and working is im a nightmare for putting sockets back and leaving tools under the car, then I start cursing because I can't find the 17mm socket and yep you guessed it, it's lying in a pile of gearbox oil!!

Gonna build gearbox up on the floor and crane it in, borrowing bosses crane

Also have a helix to go in now, big thankyou to scopez for the sale :)

I'll post pics of the donor car later

i always have a habit of tidying up n putting all tools back in their designated places after each major task. learnt it from days at school/uni workshop and keeps things efficient n clean. i get really ticked off when my parents grab my screwdrivers or tools and never put em back or just leave it somewhere round the house.

make sure the flywheel face is flat for the new helix so it'll bed-in straight away cos my jun flywheel was abit rippled n convex making my new helix plate slip alot and needed alot of stop/starts n power runs to wear it in.

Ok thanks mate, scopez is now using the 1600 flywheel and xtd clutch so if I could get his 1300 flywheel that comes with the used helix it should all should be fine

Problem with me is there's never enough time to start finish and tidy up, I do tidy up once I'm finished and the garage looks huge :eek:

I also can't stand opening the garage and seeing a huge mess with loads of parts! I want the car Back together ASAP

One day I'll be out in it boosting around :)

Glad your getting back into the swing of things. #### i had times where i was changing headgaskets 3 nights in a row. I was ####ing raging lol overheating was the issue. Stick to it cause it will shift, thats how im returning to hopefully better than my former glory if that makes any sense lol ive started to gather bits when i shouldnt be oops! Gotta stick to bodywork at the moment lol

Thanks mate;)

Sometimes I think what the he'll am I doing! But then I watch your videos on YouTube and it inspires me!

I want what you had mate, and I will get there, I'm the only one responsible for the car happening so I have to finish it or it will end up like alot of projects- broken up or squashed!

I owe it to the car and myself to finish it, and what sort of influence would I be if I gave up now

Your be back boosting again mate, just time ;)

Good luck bro

(Y) aaaand he's back. Now get building haha :D

The boost grin will make up for it.

I'm like a frigging yoyo! I wanted another car, something "less stressful" that I could actually drive but after a long chat with scopez / Tristan (my mentor!) he has talked me round...... Again

It's throwing everything it's got at me at the mo and I'm not backing away, it seems I should just give up and forget it but ive seen a light at the end of a long long tunnel..... And that is an awesome little special car thats not samey like everyone else's around me

Sure I'll get abuse and the kids will flee into there houses at the sight of a modded, loud turboed Micra but and a big but it will upset a few but make me extremely happy

Why o why did I sell the White one!

I was thinking the same a few weeks ago, leaning towards getting a different car (something less full on)...then i drove it yesterday and its got my attention again lol. Thats not to say i wont still be looking, but for now we're cool. haha.

You'll be suprised at many people who "hate" micras suddenly seem to change their mind once you get talking to them...its that response that amuses me the most.

A family friend you changed my clutch in my White one couldn't understand why it was so quick!

I just hate the damn name, Nissan march sounds better

In the tyre shop looking at some minilites and a worker asked me if I had a mini, I just replied no but like the wheels

He asked what I had, said a turboed Micra, he paused then looked at me and replied "why..... It's a Micra?"

I told him it has forged internals and running little over 210hp, soon shut him up ha ha

Brownie points If you can guess what car the 18 year old apprentice had....

Leaving in bit to get donor lump :)

Heres the poor Current situation

d4b78069-6339-92e2.jpg

Brownie points If you can guess what car the 18 year old apprentice had....

I wanna say a corsa or a saxo, but it can't be that easy...can it?

I can never understand the "why..... It's a Micra?" comment, guess its the built in prejudice clouding judgement.

Yep I saw a blue Saxo with stock ride height and a clear rear lights, never commented though

Engine not happening till Friday now :(

typical faggots mate, why a micra why a micra, ####ing race me and ill show you why! ive totally changed everyones eyes up here, it began with alot of people shouting abuse etc and my car being damaged to everybody knowing what im capable of haha. at crail if the bonnet is open its like flies on #### honestly

Bonus Point Me haha. Fair enough though i suppose, we can't save them all lol.

That sucks on the engine delay, nowt you can do to the engine bay while youre waiting?

lol stani.

Good to know you keep it Martin.
Stani you make me dream when you talk like that.:girly:

Cheers mark

Sadly enough couldn't get the engine today as have no money for petrol to get there!

Yet again I'll have to call upon a good friend (scopez) to help me on Friday to collect the engine or else I'll be taking it home on the bus :eek:

Theres gonna be a few bits up for sale soon, nothing great just bits lying around I don't need

Gotta say im loving your car. I have dreams of boost, sadly havnt come true :(. Hows the ride over potholes and such may i ask?

Keep up the good work mate (Y).

SuluR

Gotta say im loving your car. I have dreams of boost, sadly havnt come true :(. Hows the ride over potholes and such may i ask?

Keep up the good work mate (Y).

SuluR

Thanks sulur, rides very very stiff, no roll, no comfort, might as well not have suspension haha

Seriously though, not been in another Micra with coilovers but with the current stance and weight loss it would be hard to find another to out handle it, it's a joke

But not good as a daily

When I went to the brighton meet I was laughing aloud on the motorway as I was being thrown about in the bride seat,

These are the sacrifices of scrapping your arse in the floor :)

As soon as my exhaust is made higher to sit inside the tunnel and my arches rolled, and some franks special rear camber I'll be going EVEN lower me thinks ;)

That's sulur, rides very very stiff, no roll, no comfort, might as well not have suspension haha

Seriously though, not been in another Micra with coilovers but with the current stance and weight loss it would be hard to find another to out handle it, it's a joke

But not good as a daily

When I went to the brighton meet I was laughing aloud on the motorway as I was being thrown about in the bride seat,

These are the sacrifices of scrapping your arse in the floor :)

As soon as my exhaust is made higher to sit inside the tunnel and my arches rolled, and some franks special rear camber I'll be going EVEN lower me thinks ;)

Only two words for it mate, Wow and Epic! lol

Would love to one day go for that stance, but daily usuage means its a nono.

Thanks dude!

SuluR

Started the day today by removing the turbo sump :)

d4b78068-e9f4-b7f8.jpg

d4b78068-ea0a-9088.jpg

d4b78068-ea1f-cd82.jpg

Then off to meet the donor car ;)

d4b78068-ea57-799a.jpg

d4b78068-ea71-45f5.jpg

Scopez and myself got stuck right in removing its heart and getting the low mileage beauty out!

d4b78068-eaa6-8586.jpg

Frigging auto boxes are actually the most annoying thing on a Micra so had a helping held ;)

d4b78068-eae0-3852.jpg

Can you see it yet??

d4b78068-eb02-d49c.jpg

Yep pure pikey styley!!

d4b78068-eb21-ea38.jpg

Back home started swapping bits

d4b78068-eb43-99ed.jpg

And my new second hand helix :) :)

d4b78068-ebda-b435.jpg

d4b78068-ebf0-d597.jpg

Everything swapped over from old block that needed to, gearbox on just using the crane to get her into position

Been a long long day, big thankyou to scopez , much appreciated bro

Martin, hard suspension rules (Y). When we were convoying to Shakespere, we wondered why Pete (Dragonmaster_uk) wouldn't go over 70 on the motorway. He said if he went any faster with his lowering springs, he couldn't actually see :laugh:.

Martin, hard suspension rules (Y). When we were convoying to Shakespere, we wondered why Pete (Dragonslayer) wouldn't go over 70 on the motorway. He said if he went any faster with his lowering springs, he couldn't actually see :laugh:.

Hard suspension rules!!

Go hard or go home!!:)

Wouldn't change it for the world, if you want something comfortable, don't get in my passenger seat, unless however you like hitting mad G's around corners!

has been a real large chunk of work done today as mart has posted, considering we didnt start removing the engine until gone 1.00 in a scene out of the movie "I am legend" lol, then getting it all loaded up an transported back to base after stopping at halfords for some oil :wasntme: glad to have helped out mate and hope that you got on ok after we left...didnt get any pics of the day other than one shot of you starting the swap over of bits

DSC04172.jpg

looks like everyone has put in an effort today in getting this project rolling eh...:grinning: your boss, neighbour, clive etc
cant wait to see you on the road boosted, just hang in there mart and persevere like today with the oil gallery plug (Y) and it will come together..nearly there now, just couple more bits, abit of saving and then remap.

Good to know everything went fine. Another boosted Micra soon. (Y)

Oh, and dont kill this engine. :laugh: Wait for the remap... :grinning:

Engines in on and running :)

The donors dizzy was nicked so had to use mine

Need to set timing as its misfiring real bad :eek:

Other than that there's no smoke which is good

Tried to drive it and it's mega slooooooow So something's up ?

All 4 have spark fuel etc was spark and ht leads of old block

I'll try a search but I'm on my phone so please bare with me , cheers all

Ignition timing could do it. Try advancing it...

Thanks mate, I've been trying it for ages today, I was told when the engine idles at it's smoothest that's the best position?

But she's popping and banging away :) I'll have to try some known working ht leads and swap dizzy over to spare , may try t/b aswell

Can't be anything major again I hope :eek:

Have you checked the condition of the spark plugs? When my brothers car sounded like a subaru, one of the spark plugs had shat itself and pretty much broke into two pieces.

Best timing is probably 15 or 17 degrees. So totally central is 15.

Ok so reading up on this it at the mo

The engine sounds the same as last one without the smoke

I'm convinced it's either the plugs,dizzy or ht leads as they've cone from ####ed engine

Gonna do some diagnostic stuff tomorrow

And thankyou Scott and baguette ;)

Hmmm my money (not that I have any lol) is on the dizzy cap!

The saga continues...,,

Right had today off work so started to fix the problem I had with the misfiring

Firstly one of the release bearing clips had fallen off so gearbox off and went to Nissan who charged me £5 for the clip :eek:

Took me ages on my own to get the box back on but got there in the end

Swapped to my old 1.0 dizzy but car refused to start, I tried everything to get it started but no luck :(

Back to the drawing board then, had a closer look at the dizzy cap and there was a gap where the rubber seal was sticking out

I'm thinking that it was making the dizzy cap not sit straight so the rotor arm wasn't straight to it if that makes sense and maybe missing one of the teeth??

After re fitting and sodding around with the timing and idle I've finally got her firing on all 4 ;)

Let her warm up and double checked everything

Took her up the road loads better but not great so set timing a little more

It's all good, except for a whining which sounds like a straight cut box ??

Just fueling and map now ;)

Few pics

55d20d5c-fc55-a407.jpg

55d20d5c-fc6a-9e70.jpg

55d20d5c-fc8d-04cb.jpg

And no smoke now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B47UrcI_2Eo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

She will be left until the funds allow to do stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpRNoAYXE9Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

well i hope not but i had that whining noise... does it change sound when clutch pressed and released?

if so then it could be the input shaft

Whining is probs the gearbox,i had that when my 1.0 box and new clutch got fitted. I thought it was the release bearing but its the gearbox. Awesome work so far :D

Cheers all, yeah it's noisey when pressing clutch down ? It's scopez old release bearing and it spins fine with no noise??

Gonna leave it for a while if it is the box , it's getting on my tits keep taking it on and off in and out !!

Was just checking to see it was actually boosting, she will be left now until mapping

Release bearing or gearbox??

Hmmm the joys of sodding about with cars eh ;(

Cheers all, yeah it's noisey when pressing clutch down ? It's scopez old release bearing and it spins fine with no noise??

Gonna leave it for a while if it is the box , it's getting on my tits keep taking it on and off in and out !!

Was just checking to see it was actually boosting, she will be left now until mapping

Release bearing or gearbox??

Hmmm the joys of sodding about with cars eh ;(

nice progress bud (Y) just reframe from driving it for now mate until the last bits are on yeah? The bearing does make a noise until you press the clutch like i mentioned...did you put any lube on it/spline of the gearbox?

nice progress bud (Y) just reframe from driving it for now mate until the last bits are on yeah? The bearing does make a noise until you press the clutch like i mentioned...did you put any lube on it/spline of the gearbox?

Don't remember you saying that, Sod it it can stay as is, Tis quite loud though? Put loads of lube on my shaft ;) ha ha

I won't be driving anymore just for pecs of mind I wanted to see it boosting, gotta love 2nd gear though!

Thanks again for your help as always mo :)

Back