• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

C0llis0n's K11 SR

Thought Id update the blog quickly.

The block went back in last week, took it all slow made sure I did everything correctly. Fired her up the next morning after battery had charged and a bit of a disaster struck really. There was No oil pressure what so ever. After having a little play around and with some advice from Frank + Malcolm Ive ruled out the problem being either the Pressure release valve or the Pressure relief valve.

Singled it out to being a complete oil pump failure. Frank came to the rescue again (Y) and sold me a full timing chain cover + pump. Thanks again frank!

Re-fitted the new cover tonight just need to fit the belt's again tomorrow and turn her over to see if anything happens, fingers crossed!

Heres some pictures of the fitted engine with new hd leads and one of the old oil pump that Malcolm requested.

Attachments

• IMG00495-20100728-0003.jpg
    IMG00495-20100728-0003.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG00496-20100728-0004.jpg
    IMG00496-20100728-0004.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG00505-20100810-1952.jpg
    IMG00505-20100810-1952.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 386
She lives!

Oil pump did the trick. Had a little run this morning. Sounds dead quiet in comparison now.

Clutch is a little low, will soon adjust. Not sure if the rad is working though, I had her running for about 6 -7 mins and there was no sign of it switching on so I'll get a direct connection on it next week.

Just need to get hold of a passengers side headlight now and i'll be able to take her for a proper run to see how she performs (Y)

Oh forgot to mention I also have a load of hazel nuts stuck inside my bonnet now. Damn Mice! Any ideas on how to get them out???? Im thinking unless I want to spend hours trying to get them to roll down through one of the holes i might just splice into the bonnet and save some weight at the same time...:laugh:

Finished putting the car back together tonight, bout time eh.

All seemed ok apart from still needing to sort out the rad.

I do have a problem with the clutch though, its the oddest thing, the pedal is in the correct place but there was loads of play so I tightened the cable as much as possible but its still not taking all the pressure from the clutch lever. The bite is almost at the end of the pedal, its driveable like this but to be honest Id prefer it slightly higher. Any ideas?

Going to get some new discs & pads once I get paid, not going any larger (i.e Pulsar, Sunny calipers) because of my tincy wheels so instead I thought I might get some high quality discs + pads. Not sure wether to go with Tarox or Black Diamond brand for the discs, anybody have any past experiences with these brands? If I go with Tarox I'll get their Strada pads but if I go with Black Diamond I'll just get some Greenstuff pads me thinks, cant find anyone who do the Yellowstuff or Redstuff pads for a Nissan Micra!

If I have any spare change after the discs + pads I'd like to get a Lightweight performance battery, seen them in this months Banzai and look like good stuff!(Y)

Other then that just need to get the car MOTable, great fun:blush:

Im a sucker for Yahoo JP Auctions :p

Attachments

• earogia200109-img600x450-1283323492c0iffa5580.jpg
    earogia200109-img600x450-1283323492c0iffa5580.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 4,100
Anybody have a pic of a Nissan March with the above items fitted tucked away somewhere? A dead on rear view if possible.

Finished of at £135 delivered. Not bad going Id say! (Y)

Coilovers arrived today. Super chuft with them, look in even better nick then in the pictures. I'll get some detailed picis up a bit later. JDM bits should be arriving beginning of next week too.

No progress on the car though, i'll get the coilies fitted next week and then start on making the wheels fit :eek:

Thanks Mark. Definately looking forward to the mid-spoiler but Im not super keen on the top spoiler as of yet, still worth a trial fit!:wasntme:

hello mate, how is it going? did you get the coilovers yet? how do you do it with the jap auctions? I saw so many nice stuff on there. I was using google translator and none of them is willing to send to uk. do you just have to message them? cheers

hello mate, how is it going? did you get the coilovers yet? how do you do it with the jap auctions? I saw so many nice stuff on there. I was using google translator and none of them is willing to send to uk. do you just have to message them? cheers

Recieved them today Mckenzie. Google translator to search, I used a bloke called Jesse Streeter. He buys, and ships to your home address and takes 10% commision. Or you can use www.bidjdm.com <<<< thats the same principle but they take 20% commision IIRC/.

The japs get all the best stuff :p

Hey all.

Not had the chance to update recently as all my photos are on my phone and the USB lead has gone walk abouts!:doh: Anywho I finally found out I could load them straight up to flickr of my phone, so heres the TEINS;

When they arrived about 3 weeks ago;
5086770648_6759aba4d6.jpg

Fronts fitted, desperately need to get some uprated discs:blush:;
5086772518_26b6b279b5.jpg

Both fitted. Front fully lowered, rears fully heightened (will adjust soon) sorry about the poop pic;
5086190749_9e8dc3aab4.jpg

As she stands at the moe, again apologies for boring picture;
5086774838_3433861773.jpg

Its unbelievably low now , I cant get over how different the car looks. Only problem is im hugely distracted at work now each time I walk past her :laugh:

Here's one for Will too, this was a creative morning at work:D;
5086793112_1c44b07b85.jpg

Comments very much welcome. Recieved my JDM parts aswell, still debating on what to and what not to fit at the moment. MoT will be soon with any luck.

(Y)Wish I knew :(

Im still yet too finish what I started. Work commitments eh :eek: . Have to sort out the adjustable panhard next week and then she'll be ready to take for a spin.

Managed to get some work done last week. Realised the rear Tein springs were already fully decompressed so the height the rear is at now is the height it stays. Bit of a shame really but I spose thats the risk I took importing. I want it a lot lower on the rear so Im likely to spend some moneys on some SPAX fully adjustable rear coilovers (hopefully Stani's old set) in the near future.

Of course I went to sort out the darn stupid panhard bolt first before realising I was'nt going to need to just yet but at least its done now. I had the same problem as Frank's Blue 96' where by there was a metal sleeve over the bolt that i had to grind away, twas a right pain in the ass to get too.

After fitting the panhard anyway I took her for a spin (private roads of course :blush:) and jees it was brilliant! The coilovers completely transform the car, the ride is super comfy and a lot more controlled then before. Highly recommend these Tein coilovers to anyone.

Waiting on payday now to get the rears sorted and hopefully get some of the arch & sill rust sorted. Oh and I also fitted some more March goodness tonight, just need a flare for it now :doh:

5199672232_5dee359012.jpg
5199681674_5bfda7975e.jpg

i,ve got those seized bushes sussed now joe :grinning: you just angle grind 1 side down and give it a smack with a chisel, and it pops open/splits, then it slides off ok

attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC11548.JPG
    SDC11548.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 1,060
Brilliant stuff. I did something similar unintentionally though. I started grinding the whole thing away bit by bit then decided to smack some of with the chisel to find it all came of. I must have ground at least half of it of though. Your method looks much better (Y)

Oh forgot to mention I also have a load of hazel nuts stuck inside my bonnet now. Damn Mice! Any ideas on how to get them out???? Im thinking unless I want to spend hours trying to get them to roll down through one of the holes i might just splice into the bonnet and save some weight at the same time...:laugh:

Excellent,the bizzarest help request I've read on any car forum (Y) Hope the rodent issue is now resolved.

Excellent,the bizzarest help request I've read on any car forum (Y) Hope the rodent issue is now resolved.

:laugh: You know what, I never actually solved the problem! Each time I open the bonnet I get a nice trickling sound. I do all my car work in a barn that stores tree seed so it was bound to happen :doh:

Nathan (AMY or japex) is a top bloke got my nismo spoiler and march nipples for me and is I'm the process of another little treat :)

Nathan (AMY or japex) is a top bloke got my nismo spoiler and march nipples for me and is I'm the process of another little treat

Good stuff. Ive only dealt with him the once just to buy the flare holder and it was a good service. Jesse Streeter's still my number 1 for importing (Y)

Just cause I was gonna buy one off eBay and someone beat me to it!

I think there fairly common in March's to be honest (based on the fact Ive seen a few for sale) maybe see if you can contact Japex/AMY/Nathan directly to get one... Its a sweet little addition IMO.

Took the car for another test drive last night, engines running superbly, very responsive with the lightened flywheel. I do have a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust though but Im hoping thats just old fuel, I know I should probably empty the tank and top up with fresh fuel but its on the red now so I think I'll let her run right out.

Sounds like a new CV joint is needed on the nearside too and I think a new/second hand Clutch cable as the current one is fully tightened but is still at the bottom of the pedal. Does anyone have a cable for sale by anychance?

Renewed my car insurance yesterday with Chris Knott for £800, still quite steep in my honest opinion but better then most other companies, I also got the chance to have a good chat with one of their employees about future modifications and this SR, sounds like it is'nt going to make a great deal to the premium so that made me very happy :D

Thought it be about time I finished of my cam cover tonight aswell. Wanted to try something a little different so my very helpful misses made some splat stencils for me which were then sprayed ontop of a metalic black base coat. The splats are the same colour code as the car. Im thinking of maybe continuing the theme throughout, brake drums, interior ect. (even if it is extremely time consuming!). Im fairly happy with the overall finish for a first attempt, i'll also try and get a shot inside the bay once the laquer has dried.

For now heres a poor quality flashed picture of my phone; (Y)
5264385972_a8632c4231.jpg

Thoughts and opinions???

Cheers guys, appreciate the kind words. (Y)

Id like to continue the splats on brake calipers and drums next but Its bound to be too darn fiddly.

Looks Awesome!
Would be nice to get a rough guide for that. not for splats as i have other ideas.
Any tips on the process?

Looks Awesome!
Would be nice to get a rough guide for that. not for splats as i have other ideas.
Any tips on the process?

I actually have a fair few photos of the process of what I did. If I get any spare time I'll see if I can make some sort of Guide in the DIY section in the near future. As a rough guide though I basically did something along these lines;

cleaned and sanded to bare metal
primed
sanded and cleaned
black metallic basecoat
cut stencils out of large packaging labels we had at work and stuck on
sanded the stenciled area and masked the rest
green/blue basecoat on stenciled areas
sanded, degreades and cleaned (to remove sticky residue)
laquered to finish off

It was no easy or short task but think its worth it in the end. Id try and get hold of a spare cam cover if you get the chance, I kept nicking the one of my LX when I needed to move the SR but even that was a pain in the arse!

Thanks again for the comments guys heres a shot I got tonight inside the bay.

5266451799_6c8cf48c97.jpg

Fair play on the rocker cover mate, wish my mrs made me stencils

Shes a star for taking the time out to make them from scratch, think she enjoys that kind of thing :D

Fixed my offside headlight tonight. The fuse holder had corroded on the one end so managed to solder a inline fuse to solve the problem, fiddly old job and Im a big hater of car electrics.grr

Nathan (AMY or japex) is a top bloke got my nismo spoiler and march nipples for me and is I'm the process of another little treat :)

Yeah Nathan is a top guy, really helpful, got some parts en-route from him now.

nismo spoiler, march nipples, and a couple of other things i'm keeping secret for the moment

No, I have some parts en-route from Nathan....

p.s. Eliot and I are in the chatroom now, but he's gone off for some munchies :p

Back