• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

C0llis0n's K11 SR

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
So I finally found her on the 1st of February 2010, a loooooong 5months after I set about looking for a decent SR.

Went to go view her after I got a second chance offer on ebay, travelled 70 miles up to Derby and took her on the spot for £375. Personally although she has no Tax or MoT and has a few other problems I think it was a steal at that price!

Ok so the good points;
Bodywork is pretty flawless, only one or two tiny trolley dinks.
Interior is like new other then a small area of unstitching on the drivers seat.
All alloys are in good condition along with the tyres + there were 2 spare SR alloys with the car.
Starts first time and drives well (as far as the clutch would take me)
Brand new battery
No rust on the front cross member and none on the sills as of yet (I know this means its likely I will have to pay for it to be done in the near future but the way I see it atleast I can get it done well and how I'd want it, saving as much of the original paintwork as possible.)

The not-so-good points;
Very noisy timing chain! (not yet had the chance to look at it but fingers crossed its just tensioners)
Clutch barely excists (New LUK clutch ordered this afternoon)
Mileage is just over 100k which is slightly higher then I was looking for but we all know how well these engines last!
Small area of rust (bubbly paint) on the rear drivers side arch.

The Plans;
Lower by 60mm (springs and panhard rod ordered from MPH (thanks Matt) this afternooon)
14" Rota alloys or possibly some slightly wide alloys with a dish.
Possibly wide arch kit (what do you guys think of some carbon fibre arches?)
Open Mouth Grill
Nismo Spoiler to spray and fit
Maybe Badboy bonnet (what do you guys think?)
Bilstein Shocks (next months paypackage)
Fast Road full stainless steel Janspeed 4-2-1 manifold
Induction kit
Maybe Janspeed back box.

Im mainly going for visuals with this SR because I really feel that its a stunning model that can be made to look even better with a few little tweeks :D I also want to hold my own on the dual carriage way hense the plans for a Janspeed at some point. Theres no real deadline for completing this project apart from if possible id like her to be on the road for JAE in the summer. I think that gives me plenty of time to work on her bit by bit.

So what do you guys think? Any hints or tips you think might look good on the SR? What do people think of a carbon fibre wide arch kit? All comments good or bad are much appreciated. I look forward to starting work as soon as I can and to getting loads of help from the forum!

Thanks a lot for looking, Joe.

img1055r.jpg

By c0llis0n, shot with Canon PowerShot A720 IS at 2010-02-22
img1052bb.jpg

img1059k.jpg

img1057j.jpg

Beautiful stock genuine SR in good condition with a big bargain price, nice shot Joe !
What year is it ? 96 97 or 98 ? Same steer and grill as mine wich is an early 98.
Cheers mate,
Seb

Oh I forgot Joe, could you please take a good quality picture of the SR logo on the boot?

Thanks Seb. Its a 96' no PS but I do prefer it that way! Ill take a quality photo tomorrow for you in the daylight.

You're spot on - that's a minter for the age and mileage!

Thanks 6.5, to be honest forgot i even had this blog! need to update it sooon me thinks...

Back