• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

humm very disapointed!
my idle is everywhere economy has gone out the window, steering is getting worse and so is the vibration! gear change is very hard indeed!
and then i popped down the A3 tonight and put my foot down and it didnt even make it to 80mph :( i know i took a risk but this just isnt right so temped to just get rid of it now ive had enough!

if im honest no i dont with so many plans :D im just one of them people

got the CV joint off my old drive shaft today which isnt worn at all ready to go on martins shaft (sounds so wrong) as the CV on that is worn... going to be ordering my wishbone tomorrow from Unity and that will come tomorrow too... then on friday i will pull out the bend on the chassis with my works 6tonne portapower :D then new wishbone on and cv joint... might as well do it all in one go lol

also something ive been wondering about is my alarm system as i have factory fitted but not working.... need a remote so the guy told me today blah blah... but it can be very expensive and its not wired up much anymore i can see that...

so the funny looking man said to strip out whole old alarm and fit a new insurance apporved is £299 + VAT and then a non insurance approved system is £199 + VAT and both systems cover doors, interior bonnet and boot...

so idealy which should i save for? as i want my car safe as im spending lots of money on it etc...

What is an insurance approved alarm? will it really get you that much discount on your premium, or be counted as a mod aswell?
just get a half decent alarm for your piece of mind.

well that was an expensive wish on my wishbone £43.14! that is alot me thinks but owell got it now getting the garage next to mine to do wishbone and put on cv joint and re do tracking

as when it was bent the tracking was done to suit the bent wishbone! numptys out there

shaun your right but with my insurance i put down as factory fitted even though it didnt work! so might just go for the 199 one lol..

amazing news by car is alive again i wish i had pics but i wasnt doing it haha

managed to get wishbone off by cutting it as it was too bent to come off otherwise etc7
chassis came out with no problem and cv joint is on...
main set back was they sent me the wrong wishbone! so i called them up and got it changed in half hour which is amazing! lol
now driving it its amazing!
no knocking
no creaks
no vibrations
wheel centers
and its straight
and just feels like new :D

And what about your speed? Has that improved with the new wishbone on the figure you earlier stated?

havent tried taking it upto speed yet.... i dont go on any motorways anywhere only when i want to if that makes sense!

wow what a difference taking a massive tool box which weighs a tone and car cars make it roll much better :)

also swapped my dash bulbs again well all of them to the LED's which are white but use the proper T5 286 fitment and now all work and fit easy peasy used all 10 from the pack on the dials on like indicator etc

also going to halfrauds to get some paint materials to do some dash bits probs tomorrow as i have halfords trade card so im happy with my 30% kicked off

humm just quick update fitted some better leds and fit properly and very please and only paid £3.75 and free P&P which isnt bad and done a bit of painting

heres some pics as explain better will add more but bit more to doo first :)

1294495039842.jpg

thats what the old bulbs done which were held in with blue tack and made a medd fitted new bulb with some foil and made sure it connected properly.

1294506143186.jpg

heres the dial surround in primer
1294589457352.jpg

then in white
1294594879975.jpg

and then fitted obviously been lacured and i did take more pics but my phone gets so confused and doesnt save them lol
1294599419221.jpg

and its amazing that i have petrol lol

more pics to come and will deffo be doing more :)

no halfords dont do clear plastic primer so i had to stick with grey plastic primer as it would suit white and black paint the best! main problem with that is the grey primer needs flatting which i couldnt be bothererd to do

no halfords dont do clear plastic primer so i had to stick with grey plastic primer as it would suit white and black paint the best! main problem with that is the grey primer needs flatting which i couldnt be bothererd to do
It looks blue in that photo :D
you should flatten primer always! (i never do) :wasntme:
looks good though!

Your base coat will stick and last a lot lot longer if you take the time to sand the primer down first, it'l give a smoother finish too (Y)

Glad shes running well again Will.

haha yeah i know and i just couldnt be bothered (i should as i work in a bodyshop lol) but owell ill just go it again one day when i have more light as i can just flat it down as it is, then just go on with one coat of paint and then laqure...

but ive never sprayed with cans as its very different but i really wanted clear primer so it qwould keep the texture etc.... and where the paint is it cant get worn inside the dials lol

more to come soon might do more tonight

car still not reaching speed blah but it sounds like my release baring is giving out as when i press the clytch pedal i hear a like whiring/scraping noise and it pretty much gets louder the more clutch is pressed :(

ki am keeping the 1l box and going to find somewhere to refurb the box which martin gave me

then that will be like new when engine goes in with my goodies i just ebayed

which include

clutch
clutch cable
thermostat
boot release kit
fuel filter
side light bulbs
dizzy cap

just a few bits and im about to order myself some coper core ht wire and make some and i have a spare set of leads to follow Ebb's example

here are a couple more better pics of my dials from today

1294647435068.jpg

1294685309593.jpg

it may not be much or perfect but im proud of it :)

just a little update spent a couple of hours in my shed last night stripping the external stuff from the engine... like clutch, belts, alternator and stuff ready to be cleaned up may take cam cover off thats about it as i dont want to tamper with a decent engine too much :wasntme:

then while i was out there i i found my steering wheel and release kit i dont know if either will work.... the wheel has 6 small bolts going through so im guessing to attach to a boss kit of sorts.

heres a few piccies
1294783095149.jpg

1294783113138.jpg

then of the release mechanism
1294783156137.jpg

1294783143671.jpg

1294783128061.jpg

then this morning 3 of my 8 self bought presents arrived which will be sorted as i go along to make life easier :)

1294828798375.jpg

just done some investigation and it turnsd out my gear box oil is fine! but the input from the driveshaft into the box has alot of movement which it doesnt do on the other side....

whats the best way to go about it?

Stuff looks cool mate :) is the gearbox making any noises or does it drive fine?

I changed the oil in the spare box I gave you and it made the world of difference!

Just don't forget we drained it though if you use it :)

Good luck mate

well its made alot of vibration but i doubt it stop it from getting an speed but yes frank it goes up and down yes and i looked at the one at college it doesnt do this :/

so im going to use martins gear box with a clean and some new seals where the shafts go in etc then fit then when i do the engine lol

i doubt it will, our RS5F41 g/boxes have smaller shafts/splines than the other k11,s
just ring a local bearing stockist an quote the number stamped on your seal (£2 max)

i just went out to get the seal out of my spare box which im using to order them tomorrow but no sign of a code or anything! so ill order it by my number plate as you do and when it arrives ill check it against the one i removed and if its right i will take them lol

righto got a few more bits today and one is waiting at the post office damn it! and then some bits from work which i got :)

1294945540104.jpg

:)

also half term is the time to watch out for :D

doh im a big fat idiot lol.... smoking while removing inlet manifold is not good lol.... removed the mani and then put my fag near my leg where the fuel dribbled down me lol....

but some serious cleaning over a couple of weeks etc and then more prep work before the 20th have to have it ready then otherwise i wont get another good chance till like june and i cant wait that long lol

just an update with my plans hope someone reads and likes :D

right engine will be fully built up and spotlessly clean, along with the gear box fully cleaned and ready

19th feb - collect engine crane from a mechanic which comes to my work.
20th feb - remove engine from car and use bolts to secure clean box to clean engine and check everything is correct on clean engine
21st feb - clean engine bay and make it spotless and a bit of a tinker and straighten bumper mounts
22nd feb - fit engine connect it all up, re fit shafts etc, lower car down and remove power from plugs etc, ensure i have oil pressure, reconnect spark and hope we have it running. then leave it running to warm up check its okway which i refit bumper lights etc

and test drive and bed in clutch and get used to it etc.

also a massive bonus my next door neighbour said i can use there garage for them days so i dont get interupted by umn the annoying people down my road!

just cleaned my tb and done the resolder and then its ready to go back on the engine when i put it back together heres a fews piccies :d

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

i hope i havent done it i only added a little solder

hope this might help anyone and im getting excited

Can i ask why youve soldered those bits? Ive never been sure what bit gets soldered. Its just i recently had my throttle body in bits and that connection simply pulled out and clicked back in. Im guessing its meant to be like that and soldered once there is no contact

Yeah, they'r the right ones. But why did you remover the TPS? if you dont put it back in the same place as it came off the ECU wont know exactly where the throttle is and you might mess up the running a bit. it is probably possible to re calibrate it with a multimeter:)

i thought it was best to remove it for access.... but i put it back where it was on the little clean bits the best i can if not i bear it in mind if i get any issues

just a quickie.... if i take the thermostat housing off my 1.3 can i use the 1.0 housing when i remove engine?

cos i am swapping for a set of muddy flappys :blush:

yay :) also will the silicone sealer be able to do the inlet manifold to the head and then the tb to the mani? instead of forking out for new gaskets

fair point but both the gaskets were naffed with removal so i may just get a new pair... also does the thermostat housing need a gasket?

orderd some gaskets today and apparently the thermostat housinf is a wet seal anyway so i can use my silicone sealant :grinning:

it seems to be going well cleaned some bits yesterday and its getting closer to it being fitted :D

yeah, well wilsons which do nissan parts they do most stuff the factors dont and if they dont i go right to nissan but all with trade discount and same/next day delivery by van which is awesome...

will be scrubbing that engine thiss weekend or next dependsing on the alcohol and sleep situation

Back