• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

ahh thanks guys i know roughly where that ring went which is good.... and im planning on getting the bit of shaft out with a magnet if it works! lol.... then martin has come to my rescue with his shafts and gear box xD cheers guys i just hope i can get the end of the shaft out before is drops into it haha.

if you plan on changing the g/box anyway and cant get that piece out will, you could do a temp repair by using a small jubilee clip on the shaft to push the c/v boot outwards (so that the inboard c/v is fully extended by the boot)

no i wont change the box at this stage.... that snapped bit is free in there just need to oink it out which im hoping a magnet will work otherwise im pooped.... and i found that ring goes in the groove between the main bit and the snapped bit :D

thanks guys will let you know how i get on

right shaft is out and salvaged the bit from gbox :D well chuffed lol

off to go get the new shafts now but is there a tell tale sign when its deffinately fully in the gear box?

indeed and i nearly missed out on it all lol...

got it all fixed last night after fighting with speedo gear as it wouldnt come out for a loven of money lol.... managed to break it more than anything but it came out after i took it for a drive to warm it all up :D then i used the one from martins box which came out and went in nice and peasy :D

now that its all done my car is being very odd lol

the washers arent working at all maybe i didnt plug something in but wouldnt of thought i would have touched it...

quite alot of vibrations from it all but it drives fine which may settle down eventually i hope, its odd because there only small but rather strong!

now to the oddest part, my car will start and run perfectly fine from cold which is lovely!, but when i go to start it up again with warm/hot engine doesnt want to know! it does start but how you would expect from and old renault from cold! starts maybe 2nd or third time but not always on all fours straight away then some throttle control and its picks up fine and then will drive normally!

oh and my rad fan comes on with engine and goes off with engine so thats not working properly god damn it!

any suggestions are very much welcome will put some pics when i am more awake. cheers guys

o they come through on the gear stick though which i really dont understand but i must admit it drives hell of alot better though.... any ideas about the starting probs?

Hi Will
This is looking REALLY good, It's the only way to learn, Next time you attempt something and it doesn't work out first time you go away read some more then come back to it. Don't be disheartened just come back stronger, after it was humans that built it so humans CAN take it apart. by the way i would SERIOUSLY check with your insurer's about the cost ???

Kind regards

Malc

Yeah thats what im planning to do but wait till im ready to do swap as the premiums are always changing!

But i managed to fix rad fan as i felt about under dizzy amd heard a clic and it works! Vibrations are nad still but i drained g box oil from shaft and put 1 litre of oil back and it looked pretty full after that but maybe more is needed?

Also its starting much better

Cheers guys

Yeah thats what im planning to do but wait till im ready to do swap as the premiums are always changing!

But i managed to fix rad fan as i felt about under dizzy amd heard a clic and it works! Vibrations are nad still but i drained g box oil from shaft and put 1 litre of oil back and it looked pretty full after that but maybe more is needed?

Also its starting much better

Cheers guys

the gearoil goes about 1/2 way up the shafts will (3L in total)
are you sure that rear mount/bracket is fitted correctly ? (re the vibrations)

I didnt remove the rear g box mounts at all but ill check when its warm so how much oil should i still get?
lol will, no wonder you could,nt get the engine out :p
and you usually lose about 1L when you pull a shaft out, so i doubt if its far out

Hummm i dont get it as the gear change isnt even that smloth now just as long as im not doing damage!

But i cant fathem my washers at all and i need them in this weather! Like nothing from the motors so wheres the fuse for them i cant find it lol

But very greatfully martin is going to help me with engine!

Hummm i dont get it as the gear change isnt even that smloth now just as long as im not doing damage!

But i cant fathem my washers at all and i need them in this weather! Like nothing from the motors so wheres the fuse for them i cant find it lol

But very greatfully martin is going to help me with engine!

just an idea with the insurance

would this work?

change engine size on dvla log book to 1.3

when you insure your car via your reg it will just come up as a normal 1.3

or would this have no affect?:eek:

humm cheerrs for the help guys ill put some pics up tonight of my pooped drive shaft and stuff hopwfully even with the vibrations it should last me thats what im hoping anyway lol

i thought it could be that the engine and gear box isnt lined up properly but all the bolts are in so i dont see how it could have shifted.

righto well washer are now working :D and the vibration has gone down a abit or maybe im used to it haha! well i can now get on with some normal stuffage :D

will put pics up from drive shaft later

and then i should be doing a boot light this week if i get some free time which should be good :D

i have a control unit like we have in the front which i may install too or just put in two plain lights to save the hassle

righto heres some pics of my lovely stuffed drive shaft lol

here is the snapped bit rescued from gear box
1292681661020.jpg

then just some more lol enjoy!
1292683423848.jpg

1292683412626.jpg

heres it going in :D cheers martin great guy amazing help :p
1292702409332.jpg

also heres my painted manifold!
1292497463545.jpg

engine in my boot and in a wheel barrow lol
1292490708978.jpg

1292490553651.jpg

and an amazingly well fitting blue pool ball gear knobby :p
1292078337007-1.jpg

also doesnt this look very much toxic?
1292862590602.jpg

and i thought this was funny as snow settled in the end of my exhaust
1292876920612.jpg

and heres an example of a car io get to work on at work :p not quite a micra but never or less just as good (debatable) haha
1291980163766.jpg

1291980134308.jpg

righto i managed to fit my boot lights quite successfully and doesnt take long and works effectively...

here is the car to start with
1293027492124.jpg

first thing first is to choose a suitable position for the lights to go (following process done on both sides using same template as created before)
1293028030490.jpg

1293028111777.jpg

1293028133745.jpg

once they are fitted may need some wiggling at first... now i need to find a position to fit my push for off switch which has a few possibilities but i needed the accessability behind it.

(lights on)
1293029711667.jpg

(lights off)
1293029723121.jpg

now i position and drill appropriate sizes
1293029703680.jpg

and fitted
1293032136747.jpg

now that all the parts are in place i had to do the wiring... and as the switch is the earth i just need to run a live... which i got from the main interior lights and ran along the edge of the roof lining and then down the boot seal and in

and heres some pics of my wiring :D
1293031769726.jpg

1293031594664.jpg

1293031384322.jpg

then once all wired up they work a complete treat

1293034684946.jpg

1293034702946.jpg

1293034694222.jpg

all finished feedback very much welcome and thank you!

damn vibration is driving me crazy!

what on earth will cause the gear stick to vibrate and the throttle pedal... and also makes a noise but like not constantly only when on power and nothing at all on idle!!!!!!!!!!

but i havenbt changed the engine!!!!!!!! lol

i found out what my vibration is... the drive shaft from martin had a worn outboard cv and makes a clicking noise on turning lol will swap end with mine from snapped shaft.... any ideas how hard they are to remove?

and a big revelation is that i have a pooped wishbone and a bent chassis which can be rectified with a biiiig hammer :D

so not great news to day but it will be done when i can can be bothered!

i see then i simply 'tap' the new end on? :D as i cant be dealing with changing gear box oil etc if it comes out of gear box lol

frank your a legend

Liking what you've done with the car, where is the boot light switch normally on Micras? I know my Micra doesn't have a Boot light but it's got enough lights, lol. Keep up the good work anyway and the engine looks Great(Y).

:D hehe happy crimbo and lets keep the drinking to the very maximum :D also merry crimbo from me and to micra which is all tucked away in bed while im away haha

i know just these little things bug me i dont expect you to understand lol.... im dreading going back home to drive my car untill i can be arsed to fix it!

its funny martin has no mechanical experience but a garage to do as he pleases

i do but no garage so i cant physically do much long term work lol

argh went out this mornign to find my wing mirror smashed on the floor!

its funny how that yesterday i had to repair my dad mirror as the whole unit was hanging off, but the best bit the side which was next to the pavement not even the road side.... and the 106 mirrors are like spring loaded and its clearly visible that someone hit it from the top....

and that a couple of months back my mums mirrors were both done in!

%&$£!& ?:mad:#&%£ pikies that live down my road.... cctv going in asap!

righto i was down the scrapper to day trying to replace this!

1293723412878.jpg

but i stumbled across this and smiled thinking will these old callipers and breaks fit my motor :d not entirely sure so im asking you but its a primera i think

1293719821908.jpg

1293719832158.jpg

cheers guys the only other way would be just try fitting them but any pointers would be appreciated

Back