• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Chapter 2... Micra Dot Rising To The Top

think there may be slightly more preload than the weight of the car.. if i have to boot empty then its very bumpy, but if i stick my toolbox in the back then it improves slightly..

only problem is that if i cut any more off, won't it lower the car more? as iv got the ride height to where i want it really

Can't see a standard spring having that much preload as you've no adjustment to add to it. By my calculation you haven't got the travel to preload it that much.
I'd be inclined to say its your shocks with way too much compression damping unless your shocks really are that short
Springs will have only increased approx 30 % in rate

Last edited:
think there may be slightly more preload than the weight of the car.. if i have to boot empty then its very bumpy, but if i stick my toolbox in the back then it improves slightly..

only problem is that if i cut any more off, won't it lower the car more? as iv got the ride height to where i want it really
If you have more preload than vehicle weight, cutting the spring won't lower your car UP TO A POINT. If you cut 1/4 a coil at a time until the car sits JUST lower than it does now you'll be at just less than vehicle weight preload. Stiffer springs will result from the cutting whichwill keep ride comfy with toolbox, bit may make damping inadaquate.

the spring needs to be able to oscillate down and up really luca, so if you have equal preload/corner weight it cant lift at all eh (twill lift the inside rear wheel nicely tho :))

il try cutting the springs a tad more soon :)

i was just thinking, i got a spare cg13 engine laying around, how hard is it to increase the compression on it and how high could it be raised to safely run on 95 octane? :)

1962836_614310545318425_1137435188_n.jpg
came across this while browsing the tinternet!

sorry didn't explain myself properly, iv undone the top bolt on the cam, i meant the one big bolt behind the cover that holds the 2 sprockets that joins the bottom chain to the top chain, do I undo that bolt then lift the head up with the bottom chain and sprockets as they are?

iv been idle for a while now, time to get things going again! hopefully within the next 2 weeks i'll get cracking with the high comp engine, but thought while I'm at it i may as well do a engine and gearbox swap in one, that way i will lighten the flywheel and hopefully change the gearing a tad.. on that note, what the best gearing for the micra? I'm pretty happy with the gearing if I'm honest, only thing I'm really after is a longer 5th gear so on the motorway ideally id want 70 at about 2500-3000.

where would i find these gears or is there a direct fit box that would be better?

Back