• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

will told me these plans before hand and i have kept it quite..........i think that deserves a tin of quality streets:laugh::laugh:
well mate it does look factory or jdm,nice neat work makes it look original fitted
so far so good,,,and yeh the glove box and "more" are pre-planned i can vouch for

humm got my lovely blue snnoker ball gear stick fits like a dream :D have a slight collection not to choose from hehe :)

right one thing im not sure about is i want to go lower on my car but cant afford coil overs...

so i am thinking...

chop a coil from the already lowered springs....

i know its not ideal but i dont know how it can be bad...

so unless someone gives a good reason i may go ahead but want to know if people think it will ruin how mine looks as i love my rally look lol

GETTING ENGINE ON SATURDAY :D

i now have engine :D will get up some pictures asap :D goign to clean it up... it had an accident in my boot with distributer but easily sorted with mine lol....

it took a widdle on my floor lol and it nearly took out my rear window other than that all good :D

pics......pics,,,,,,,,,PICS
top job getting the 1.3 with gearbox
when is it going in?,,,,sounds dangerous it flying around the boot on your way back

:laugh:
thats good then
you should of wound him up while he was grapling it---like tell him "you know these engines are well solid"

yesh just to clean it up and take it to my mates and gnna slam it in :D will also fit my frankenspeed mani at the same time hehehehehe :D cant wait will go like a bomb :d

Glad you have got the engine mate, should be a nice increase in power. When you getting down to business and fitting it then mate

well it should be fitted when my mate can do it as im relying on him for some help but shouldnt be too long after christmas i still need to get some pics of the engine lol

yeah will do i leave for college in the dark and get home uin the dark lol so ill see :D

just wondering if anyone can help me, ive let me car go right down on fuel plenty of times even with my old dials and ive never had a fuel light come on.... is my car meant to have one? lol

humm well i think mine has a fuel tank :D or its some like force field lol... and frank i know your going for super light but no fuel tank is a bit light and wont get u anywhere! lol

humm okies then cheers for that hope you like my car so far :p

and with my new engine it will be a worthy contender maybe to take to a track :p

mine was replaced with a very heavy gas tank will :(
yours is coming on well mate (Y) and yes, i,ll see you at that dragstrip next spring :grinning:

just a very quick plan i am going to get onto one knee to my boss and beg for him to let me do my engine :D maybe this week heeeeheeee

Like the future plans Will.

Have you checked with your insurer on what the price rise would be with the change in cc before going ahead with it? (Y)

I would check before putting it in, cause it will cost a fortune just because they'll see it as an engine conversion regardless of it being a micra engine

humm ill see tomorrow also its when im fitting it.... im running tight here guys!

cant wait to fit it tomorrow will add pics and a little story of how it goes hehe

humm isnt halfords trade lovely :p got castrol magnetec and a filter with some antifreeze and some heat proof paint... i wont reveal the colour yet lol

what an epic f*****g waste of a day!!!! got the engine basically out and wouldnt come and then i was told the drivesjaft has to come out to allow gear box to move over etc!!!! then put it back together already p****d off then it wouldnt start after all that, then got it going eventually! then i had to move it at work and then no damn drive.... so pushed it to the front of my work then it worked... got me home... went to take me mate home and it gave way on me again with no drive.... even the speedo is working!

sounds like your inboard c/v joint is,nt inserted fully will :eek: and engine changes (pics etc) have been covered in my blog (once or twice lol :wasntme:)

If you followed franks way mate like I did, no shafts have to be removed, something isn't right when you put the gearbox back on? Is it going in to gear at all? It starts and idles but with no drive??

Sorry it didn't go to well but it's in now atleast :wasntme:

I had 3 or 4 people telling me franks way was insane and stupid and take the box and lump out as one

I didn't listen and did it the way Frank showed me and once I got the hang of it it didnt take long at all

Tell us more

You have lost me...

You removed 1.0 with gearbox and shafts

Fitted gearbox back on 1.3 and hoisted it back in . No drive ?

Then removed it all and put 1.0 back in to get home?

nononono i got the 1.0 ready to come out then its was like 3 so i gacve up as everyone at work was nagging me and i was getting wet so i got annoyed and put it back together and now i have no drive i think it maybe tht i removed the drive shaft to shift g/box over to get room to slide engine off gear box... so in theory all i got done was waste a day and make my car totally crap!

ahh, a practice run eh will :p it,ll be easier next time :grinning: you best not drive it anymore till you insert that potjoint into the diff properly tho (else you will chew the spline and risk losing the thrust washer from inside the diff :eek:)

Oh dear :( get out there with a torch mate and put the shaft back in properly

You need a day to do it first time round,4 or 5 hours next time

Or in franks case the 27th time it takes 45 mins ha ha

Seriously don't panic all will be fine mate I promise

Also didnt you lose all your gearbox oil when you removed your shaft??

Have you asked a local garage how much for labour out of interest will?

Nope i havent cant afford anything lol but would martin be willing to give me a hand:grinning: hehe when its possible anyway i cant see how to do it without remocing gear box!
G
I will get the box working before i refill with oil as i cant afford any oil :-( i do feel useless and i wasunder pressure today and no room at home! Also i looked on franks and xouldnt see a like step by step

Nope i havent cant afford anything lol but would martin be willing to give me a hand:grinning: hehe when its possible anyway i cant see how to do it without remocing gear box!
G
I will get the box working before i refill with oil as i cant afford any oil :-( i do feel useless and i wasunder pressure today and no room at home! Also i looked on franks and xouldnt see a like step by step

re-fitting a g/box to any fwd car can be a mission sometimes will, but if you set it up like the pic you should find that it slides on a treat :grinning:
with a trolley jack under the sump, and a strip of wood on the support member (#1) and the scissor jack under the g/box (#2) and a loose bolt and nut through the bellhousing (#3) then it,ll slide on ok

Attachments

• SDC11324.JPG
    SDC11324.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 566
alright ill try that when its a bit warmer and not all wet just really f****d off really... had to drive my dads clapped out 106 rubbish frech poop.

all i dont get is how do you manage to move the engine out the g box as there isnt much room to move it out....

and i sure do hope it is simply a case of shoving the drive shaft in properly well any other help will be welcome but i managed to fail even after working for nearly 8 hours straight lol

Think of it a positive light will... Although it didn't go to plan it's a learning curve, how many people got it right first attempt?

humm i know just a tad disapointed i just cant see how u do it with the gear box still in.... do you have to remove the mounts on the box and balance it on scissor jack.... then with the engine rested on trolley jack i get all that but i need to try and split the gear box and engin. then is it you use the wood to lever the engine up and towards you so that the box swivels and it all just pulls apart?

my problem is im weak and scared to be brutal! lol... well im going to leave it for now and maybe get a new clutch and some bits and bobs to do while the engine is sitting in my shed and maybe paint it all to my likeing...

learning curves an that will,,,,,,hat of to you at the attempt-speak to frank:grinning:he has masterd the method!

frank;433564(#2) and a loose bolt and nut through the bellhousing (#3) then it said:
http://SDC11324.JPG (219.5 KB)[/IMG]

you can see in this pic that the g/box has been pulled off the engine will, then you remove the top engine mount and lift it over the crossmember

Attachments

• SDC11069.JPG
    SDC11069.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 557
righto just been out to look and that and bought some gear box oil too.... right found some disturbing things i think it may have snapped but i think the bit that snapped off is still in the gear box but visible, righto to start with i found this on the edge.... i dunno what it is and im scared to find out haha

1292618493908.jpg

then here is the end of the drive shaft which doesnt look like is sheered off at all which i dont quite understand

1292618099851.jpg

1292618107670.jpg

then when i got the shaft out of the way, and saw the spline i looked into the gear box and there was a bit in there which i prodded and it moved so i think that is the snapped off bit but i havent got a clue

1292618138488.jpg

1292618146652.jpg

and then just a couple of other i need some real help here with this!!!

1292613334997.jpg

righto thats me off please help me guys i need to know if the shaft is fine and just needs wedging in properly!

cheers guys all this help is very much appreciated!

Back