• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

He needs to go faster and it makes a big difference and since he's going for as much bhp as pos every little helps

Also what time you jumping on the 23 bro? May have a convoy on the way down if we time it right matey ;)
M23 or A23? lol
Leaving here around 11am :D

right a couple of little updates fitted panhard rod the other day double parked at Eds (Noddies) house was quite funny but got it all done without too many issues and i must say makes a difference and is very shiney heres a few piccies

sparks flying
DSC00186.jpg

next few are Ed in action
DSC00185.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

id like to thank ed once again for doing this for me and believe it or not i did help and with martins help we got the old one off :D

then on saturday i debumped and removed the mud flaps and remaining micra stickers etc and i must say with these small little mods it changes the entire stance of the car i love it!

before
1290266396105.jpg

after
DSC00162.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

right the interesting stuff out the way just an update with the engine... belts are all on and set up correctly (or there abouts) now tonight all the inlet manifold and tb new oil filter is all fitted and ready, now all thats left is exhaust manifold and clutch i thinks and then fit it obviously... here are a few pics just for the record

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

right im slightly converned about this... is that cracking or just imperfections on the surface....

DSC00199.jpg

im not going to worry about it unless i have to... dont have the time to worry!

No problem, was a pleasure mate, you and martin did lots of the hard work:)
Pictures looking good, very clean shiny car you have mate! You can do mine any time:D

shhh the rims need refurbing they are completely stuffed but a present arrived this week which i will unveil when i can be bothered :D

quick update the engine is done everything is finally fitted and is ready the odd little bit of a fiddle to get on with thats about it... roll on saturday :D

nah, you,ll wizz it guys, once you get that loose nut and bolt in (number 3) it,ll jiggle on no sweat (Y)

Attachments

• SDC11324.JPG
    SDC11324.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 724
im sure we can get it all in perfectly etc im just worried about when it comes to turning the key.... obviously ill turn it over with no spark to get oil and fuel pressure etc and then connect the spark and hopefully brrrrrmmmmm

im not haha im over weight and very lazy so whats that tell you haha.....

but yes i have everything i need... engine is ready just the one exhaust stud which i rounded but no worries with my new extractor set

frankspeed mani is on... new dizzy cap, new thermo stat etc.... all i need to do is sort out a biit of wiring on the dizzy where martin ran his tacho from!

then bam!

right this is the bit i gues you have been waiting for sorry i would have updated earlier but the site was down blah blah blah.... i have many pictures from the day and the progress.... was all going very well and would have been home for about 7 or maybe 8 in the evening if it wasnt for a couple of issues which ill describe later on in this which will be a very long post :D

so at around 8am we started by getting the front end of the car all pulled off...
DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

then dissconnect all the hoses, wiring, mounts and gear linkage....
DSC00238.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

lifted out with the engine crane and it snagged so martin dived under and found another mount which we didnt get around to doing....
DSC00240.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

then the engine was out and i found a great improvement to the CG10DE engine which was me.... this was around lunch time so great progress your all thinking and we though so too....
DSC00245.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

then it was time to just check over the two engines and make sure everything was swapped and in place before we lifted the new engine into place.....
DSC00249.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

then started to drop it in and as the crane didnt hold it level we shoved a engine mount on and it went alot better from there.....
DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

then just bolting it all up and reconnecting everything.... etc all the boring bits all went well had some trouble getting the drive shafts to play ball but we won lol....
DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

then it was time to stick some fluids in which went well was just a tad slow.... filled the gear box, engine and coolant of which will need topping up....
DSC00261.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

then connected the battery and the alarm went off which scared me as it doesnt always work lol.....

then went to start it and nothing :( then we realised we connected the fuel lines the wrong way..... whoops .....

then it started up quite well :D but it worried me that the oil light didnt go out for about half an hour but eventually went out (phew)

then it was time to put the wheel back on and get it out of the garage..... at this stage adjusted the throttle and cable was abit loose and then the clutch....

and the lovely painted manifold decided to burn its temp proof paint off (damn halfords) but it was cool as it burnt away the the red and left it black... but this didnt last as it started to burn away the black :( so i may look into another method of colouring)
DSC00270.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

then we just drove it up and down the road to see how it was and jeeze did it fly... then after a couple of times martin gave me his super s drivers seat which we put my seat cover on and all is well.... out with the old haha...
DSC00272.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

then fitted up the front end and thought it was making a funny noise as the belts were too tight so we loosened the belts off and the tensioner wouldnt tighten so we swapped that over.... then found the water pump was leaking! so had to remove that after checking it all and reseal it and the leak has gone for now:! phew!
DSC00273.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

then it was time to go home and had to load up the car and with the tensioner and pump it took us back about 3 hours of unwanted work and i got home around 11pm in the end and was a very long day...
DSC00277.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

thank you so much to mr Martin for all the help (the pictures may not show me doing much but i was taking most of the pics)

then today after having lots of fun and after taking the engine crane back i took it for a speed run and was all going well upto 95mph then power dropped off completely.... got home and found that the muffling stuff inside the back box was hanging out!

DSC00279.jpg

which i thought no biggie ill remove as much as i can and got a massive clump...

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

and a funny of me!

DSC00301.jpg

so i thought ill go again for the speed run but the same kind of sluggish feeling as i had with the old engine but more muffler stuff is there :( so ill remove that when i get time lol

however i was told that with the mufffler stuff like it is it can block the exhaust and cause a loss of power.... so as perliminary i was told to disconnect back box and try it then

just one querery i mentioned that when i took my foot from accelerator the revs sat themselves at 1300rpm then dropped to 700rpmish

well it seems it has carried onto this engine and is worrying me as its almost like the cause of the problems before which i dont understand as every single sensor is different!

Looking good Will, it's really coming along now, pics of the transplant are handy too. I am quite jealous though, I feel like I'm the only one with a 1.0 now:blush:

Regarding the idle rpm, I'd check your dizzy, mine did the same as yours after I removed the rev limiter and advanced the ignition. But after adjusting the idle screw it now idles at 1100 then drops to 700 or it'll just idle straight at 700. Don't know if thats your problem though:eek:

Dont expect alot more as your only on 1.0 box too

If the idling issue is the same I'd try a different ecu as everything has been changed mate?

Order the sportex mate when you can :)

Euro if you get a working 1.3 I will do a drop off and collect service for you?

Drop the car to me Saturday morning And I'll swap it all over for £150?

See if you can get some 0-60 times mate ?

Oh and welcome to the 1.3 club :)

yes yes im going to sort out the lack of power first... im going to remove back box and see how it feels and the sportex will be on the way soon dont you guys sorry :grinning::wasntme::p

and as for the idle problem i might see if i can get an ecu from somewhere to give it a test (martins (Y))

Yeah that backbox is nackered. You need a new one.... which of course is the perfect excuse to upgrade.

Edit* New backbox from buypartsby for £20*

thank you for all the great comments but i am not very happy if im honest :(

the water leak is back/still there

i need to sort out the exhaust

and me and frank have been chatting and he thinks that one of my vacuum pipes but its just depressing me :(

will

i cant understand why your having another water leak, the engine was mint and running spot on when i sold it to you

my worry and always was my worry is that you replaced parts that didnt need replacing

the inlet manifold did not need to come off as the gasket was fine and there were no forseeable problems

thinking about it, you would have had to remove the vacuum pipes and water pipe to take the inlet manifold off , not to mention the inlet manifold gasket could also be leaking causing a vaccum leak

the engine has only done 36,000 miles and didnt need anything other than fluids..

hope you manage to sort it mate

i didnt touch the water pump or anything didnt even look twice at it...

its a brand new gasket on the inlet mani

its got nothing to do with you martin... i cant understand why the pump is leaking its only tiny nowhere near as bad as before

and the idle issue cant be to do with the engine as previous engine done exactly the same...

and my exhaust must be nackered and its a hint to get the sportex :D

the leak is not from the water pump, if i never took it off or you never took it off ,it wasnt knocked or banged theres no reason for it to leak?

its not the water pump leaking, i personally dont think it ever was that, but it was the only thing we could get to where there was water

i know its a brand new gasket, im not saying its leaking just meant there was no need to change it, exhaust manifold i can understand as you were swapping them but the inlet shouldnt have been touched dude:eek:

you need to look at the 1.0 and determine what and where the water could come from above that area to diagnose

its none of the pipes we did up,i cant be, there as tight as we could do them, get a towel in there, cleam it all up and stick a torch and your head in there, youll find it im sure

if all sensors were replaced ie a whole new engine the idling issue has to be car related not engine, id look to borrowing another 1.0 ecu, or 1.3 and trying that

cheers

yeah well ill take a look when i get some time it will be fine for now as its not major and is only small!

and as i said it isnt anything to do with the engine so ill go to the scrapper and enquire about the ecu just the test it

just fed up you know probles after another an all

try the coolant pipe that runs along the back of the engine, they have a rubber o-ring where it meets the water pump, ive had and seen a few leaks from there, you would need to remove it , replace the o-ring and add a little sealant as i always have done with it. ####### to get to when the engine is in though. 2 bolts one of them is on the thermostat housing at the bottom and the other is under the inlet manifold at the back. looking good, its always worth waiting for those extra horses

try the coolant pipe that runs along the back of the engine, they have a rubber o-ring where it meets the water pump, ive had and seen a few leaks from there, you would need to remove it , replace the o-ring and add a little sealant as i always have done with it. ####### to get to when the engine is in though. 2 bolts one of them is on the thermostat housing at the bottom and the other is under the inlet manifold at the back. looking good, its always worth waiting for those extra horses
That would be my thought.

Also, did you change the lambda sensor with the engine?

yes lambda was changed all sensors are are from the engine i bought so no, no sensors are the same as before engine change....

and with the water leak its not major and me and martin spent about half an hour trying to find it from under the car, and it was coming from right underneath, i dont know if we checked the long pipe though as i can tell it would be an ass

i may just put a little sealer around the edge of it to see if it helps and then do it properly another time if it solves it

yes lambda was changed all sensors are are from the engine i bought so no, no sensors are the same as before engine change....

and with the water leak its not major and me and martin spent about half an hour trying to find it from under the car, and it was coming from right underneath, i dont know if we checked the long pipe though as i can tell it would be an ass

i may just put a little sealer around the edge of it to see if it helps and then do it properly another time if it solves it

right so today i had a go at what i thought might solve my idle issue which didnt work but i got something done at the end of the day...

here is a video of what im trying to solve... notice the revs as they drop off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0mylIcY5cY

and then i removed the carbon canister and blocked off all hoses related by cutting them down to about 2 inches and using a self tapping bolt and silicone sealer in one end and then putting it back onto the corresponding connection....

it then made way for my N15 air box with cold air feed!
DSC_1465.jpg

as i said this didnt work and it still does the same etc so i am unsure unless i didnt seal the hoses correctly, or there is another cause

and i check my water leak today and its not coming from the o-ring as was suggested feels like from the actual pulley

welll i would say yes to that however the problem with is that the problem has come accross from the other engine!

which even is a different tb

well on top of my other small issues driving home from work, i went through a puddle (unavoidable) and then after that my car had a loss of power doing 30mph in third and struggled to rise above and after that it was fine then change gear etc...

other than that its running sweet as a nut...

and my water leak is back! i might shoot my car soon!

ahh yeh that leak thing may be the same as the one pollyp described in his blog---coming from under wipers
take of wipers then black plastic piece under that goes along the top of bulkhead--some clips under their get loose and need sealer

well after talking to people i am completely confused about why my idle may be scatty as im being told different things and its doing my head in, has anyone ever had the same problem as i have and has anyone ever found a way of sorting it?

im getting fed up with it and throughly ####ed off with it and the car

as the video above shows it revs up fine, the idle comes down stops at 1300rpm and then drops slowly down to around 750rpm

also under braking it stay at 1300rpm untill i do finally stop, and i even tested it using just the handbrake and it does the same

cannot be to do with the new engine, as every sensor is different, different tb, manifold, which means all sensors are now different and the problem has been carried accross from the other, and there is not much left behind related to the original engine....

as its been shown from the emission tests i ran on the 1ltr with these problems and it came out lean and not burning its fuel, here are the original readings...

engine RPM: 668
%vol CO: 0.184
ppm HC: 531
lambda: 1.117
air-fuel ratio: 16.426
%vol co2: 13.50
%vol o2: 1.97
temp: 23 (probe not in the dip stick hole)

also when this problem first arrised, i did notice a slight decrease in power so as soon as its sorted i will fell the real 1.3 power at last!!!!

so please any ideas are very welcome i need this help otherwise the car is going!

and when i say water leak i mean inside the the car! lol

not the one from the water pump area

sunroof has drain pipes that can be blown gently from the top 4 points each corner i think?
they block sometimes,,,also leave the sunroof blind open and you already know fresh not rec air

Back