• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

My Micra Dot Rising to the top! :P:

so basically in march a few days before my driving test i bought this little beast from gumtree and was rather badly damaged and was a bit of a state (which is sad to see any micra like that!)
the basics
paid - £450
miles - 58000
capacity - 1litre
age - 17 (L reg)

however this is the car i done most of my learning in!!!!! (Renault 5 GTS 1.4litre)
DSC00028.jpg

this is how the micra looked after i cleaned it up and done some painting at work which did involve a door off ebay and a new front wing (cheers boss)
DSC00416.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

sorry i have no pics from before i sprussed it up!

amd obviously since then i have had to do a few mods and fixes for my love of the car!

i am going to get all these to you as soon as i can and future stuffage :)

starting with what happened a couple of months back when i woke up after staying at my misses house and opened the curtain to see what looked like ice on my window!!! so i went to check it out to find THIS!
DSC_0975.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

as you can tell i was very distraught and had planned a trip to portsmouth which i still did after covering the window with alot of sticky back plastic which held it all in place woohoo!

after i fixed that i decided that my car looked plain so i took it back to work and done some more paintings :) had fun with that the front bumper is fairly hard to get off!!!!!!!!!! lol :p

managed it in the end only to find this sorry state
1285938989412.jpg

1285938981420.jpg

HOWEVER EASILY SORTED I FOUND :) SORRY NO PICS MY BOSS IS VERY STROPPY WHEN IT COMES TO TIME LOL...
all i done was filled it with fibre glass grinded it flat and sprayed some underseal onto it muhahahhah looks as good as new

and here are some more pictures of my car missing the bits that i painted :)

1285938997969.jpg

1285938975200.jpg

righto here is the finished item me loves it :)

and because i stupidly didnt take a picture straight after so here it is again with some other mods lol... like i lowered it 50mm on springs and shocks :) and them wheels which need refurbishing i got for £90 from ebay with good tyres. off some silly man with one of them horrid corsa things hehe!!!

1287816868380.jpg

the wheels are mo5 compomotives 15" with 195/50/R15 tyres rides sweet as a nut!

and then my most recent addition to my car my SR dials thanks to william_SR which are easy to fit if you know what your doing lol

1289937532568.jpg

1289937562303.jpg

righto more things i have done will have to come when i have pics :) (hope someone reads this soon lol)

the main mods id like to do is to put in some 1.3 cams with some induction kit and exhaust possibly janspeed

but has anyone ever used the uprated cams and head from humpfries in oxford? ima very tempted

and i am just so fustrated that everone just laughs that im doing up my car :(

Looks sweet for the age, nice work on it, where did you do the respray on the bumpers etc? Looking to do something similar to mine! Also what did you get for the lowering?

Back