• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Chapter 2... Micra Dot Rising To The Top

so firstly I thought the interior was a bit boring and dull.. so iv sticker bombed a couple of parts :D
IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPG

Next i bought some wheel spacers, 30mm per wheel, giving the car an extra 60mm of stance... surprising how much better it looks!
IMG_0093.JPG the wheel spacers..

Before...
IMG_0095.JPG IMG_0094.JPG

After...
IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0098.JPG

Hello :) good start :) stickerbomb center console deffinately brightens up the interior :p
Spacers make such a difference too!

Lookin forward to seeing the new bumpers :) x

will be up as soon as they are done! also got some coil overs to go on soon! plus.. I'm going to be swapping the seats out of my super s into the dot.. only thing is the super S seats are grey and green :eek:

so was going to take the seat covers off and die them another colour.. any ideas? was thinking either grey, black, cream or red?

grey i think would be too boring, black also, but not too bad and won't show dirt. Cream would lighten the interior up but be a pain to keep clean! also thought of red, but not sure if there will be too much red then?

Vast progress is being made! :O

I'd personally give the super s seats a good scrub and pop them in :) I personally wouldn't dye them as they're getting rare but that's my opinion :) I reckon they'd look smart like that x

Very true... Red and green should never bee seen... Except upon a fool as the saying goes :p

What a bout a chocolate Brown? Not as dark as black but easier to keep clean than white? X

clean car you have got their,,,,,,,,, could done with a fresher blog name like " Micra Dot - Yeh and it dont stop "

them spacers done alright in the stance situation,,,,them £20 ones right?

Is it too late to change it? Haha yeah the back ones are £20 off eBay, the front however are from Germany, they are the bolt on spacers, with the wheel bolting to the spacer, bargain.. Reduced from £100 to £22... I'll have one of them!!

what it comes down to is that im going to need 2 :) hope they send the 1.25 pcd bolts
name change it gets it rearrange moderator do it for you ?

Car had a little problem with getting upto temperature, would just sit at 1/3 temp.. Easily solved with a new thermostat as the one in there had the rubber seal missing

okay, so i noticed on wednesday that the cars speedo is out compared to the satnav, when the speedo reads 70mph, the satnav said i was actually doing about 63, anyone know a quick way to fix this??

I'm pretty sure they are, I don't think 14's came as standard until third facelift (coilpack), though I may be wrong

okay, so how would i go about calibrating it?? iv looked online and seen a few plug ins but they are about £60 from america! also found a few "make it yourself" circuits but non in the uk?

okay, so how would i go about calibrating it?? iv looked online and seen a few plug ins but they are about £60 from america! also found a few "make it yourself" circuits but non in the uk?
Mechanical speedo, so would need different gearing in the gearbox. Not an easy job. You could make a new fascia with the lines in the correct place, but I really don't understand why it's an issue lol

The rubber was missing? New to me but you know what happens I'm sure. Also Speedos wear out like I'd you swam too much! All my cars read differently, my corolla reads 11% out and the micra ran spot on when o had 15inch wheels on!

yeah the rubber ring that goes around the thermostat wasn't there, easy mistake as it was a bit of a pain to get to sit in place while i got the thermostat housing back on! and without that the water was simply 'going around' the thermostat to put it simply haha .. waiting at the top of where?

dam slippery when you get their,,,,,,,,,,be careful you could slide of the top,,,,,,,,,dont rush to get their ,,,,,thash what i say

:)

Back