• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

I have another question for you aswell mate, sorry to nag haa. What is the micra like for space inside, is it tight in there or is there much space about inside

:grinning:

Found your proper blog at last,...If your worried about your plugs you could try an old 2 stroke tip called a plug chop...go for a spin..when shes warmed up rev it out to about 3/4 max revs for about 1/2 mile then stop...turn engine off immediately.(.dont let it idle) then take out each plug in turn and give them a good lookin at. your plugs will tell you how efficiently your burning your petrol.. a nice med toast colour is what your after..if you've got a haynes manual there's usually a colour plug pic to compare against

good colour coding with the bumpers buddy (Y)

Not a fan of the dials but each to their own. The bulbs are pushfit LED's by the way. So u can pull them out and switch with others without the hassle of having to buy holders to go with them. Should make for a tidier job. Keep up the good work (Y)

I have another question for you aswell mate, sorry to nag haa. What is the micra like for space inside, is it tight in there or is there much space about inside

spacious id say a mate from college said that it felt like a green house inside with the big windows etc but can get warm in the summer! other than that you dont get the feeling of being crampt etc at all and the boot isnt half bad at all

humm and for the plugs ill check them soon to see how there wearing :p

and the dash leds there working fine at they are so i might look into them if i get any trouble cheers anyway

and i will fit them lights in the red bit and ive found a good central locking set which will work with my boot release kit from the same place

but im thinking is it worth doing this conversion?

id love to just to be cool hehe

spacious id say a mate from college said that it felt like a green house inside with the big windows etc but can get warm in the summer! other than that you dont get the feeling of being crampt etc at all and the boot isnt half bad at all

Taa for that mate, helps with my desicion a lot, i dont really use the boot so thats not an issue anyways

well fit it with a mega massive sub then :p so what plans will you have for yours?

Umm well it will be lowered pretty low but not bad enough to hit road every bump, get alloys (nissan) if it does not have any, straight through exhaust, if i get the 1.3 engine i will look into tuning that, if i get the 1.0 engine i will look into a conversion (1.3, 1.5 or the 1.6 lump). Other than that i will be getting standard spoiler if it aint got one and mod it a bit to be different, and also i seen a micra with a lower spoiler on and it looked very good on there, i dont usually like them but i will be doing it. Probably have more ideas but thats all i can think of. I usually do a lot of work with my cars to get them the way i want them haa

easier mainly and i can link the 2 systems so i can release boot with remote :laugh::grinning:

Yeh i would do it mate, kits can be bought cheap and its fairly simple to install. If your going down the smoothing route though thats obviously a tougher task, unless your handy with a welder etc or know someone then it will cost a bit in labour, plus paint etc. It all builds up haa

not going to smooth it seeing as if i get a flat battery i will not be able to get into my car haha

more feedback please haha

not going to smooth it seeing as if i get a flat battery i will not be able to get into my car haha

more feedback please haha

Yehh that is also another issue to take into account, sure there are ways around that though. I would certainly put the kit on and just leave the locks there mate. Them kits are only around £50 aint they

unm i found a decent one on ebay where the 2 kits can work as one... then you end up with a key like that of modern VW's and the like which can be cut which will release boot lock and unlock doors etc

so its pretty sweet just require some skill in fitting lol but wont be for a while lol

well that was a waste of time! got manifold off the block realised the gaskets are pooped asnd then broke my extension bar on the damn cat grrrrrrrrrr very annoyed!

na its gone already got far too annoyed with it lol

so ive had to bolt the mani back on for now and im going to keep covering it in wd40 lol

my new tool box today :p

what a very boring and random comment lol... yes yes will add pics of tool box and the manifold stuff shortly but im just hoping it snows so i can miss tomorrow at uni haha

very heavy snow down here so you may get your wish soon,,and the de-badger gets his too(something like a force field round him:grinning:)
Photo0003.jpg

just your everyday fast push bike nothing at all special lol lol i got a fair bit of snow at uni 3 inches almost was messy! some idiots were playing bumper cars in there fiestas lol

this is the measly snow on my car before i went to uni lol
1291108621038.jpg

and heres the mess i made of my heat sheild and then my gasket and stuff boring really

1291064706149.jpg

1291063047676.jpg

cheers for all these responses!

thats not snow! looks like a bakewell tart! lol we got snow here R-Reg :glare: force field obviously ran out of batteries.
-3 degrees and about 2-5cm of snow max hope it rains tomorrow. :p

just your everyday fast push bike nothing at all special lol lol i got a fair bit of snow at uni 3 inches almost was messy! some idiots were playing bumper cars in there fiestas lol

a guy at work did the same in his fiesta snapped his drive shaft

yes yes makes micras look like luxurious cars! which they are but you get my point!

sorry for slow progress but too cold n snowey!

how can i stop my locks from icing up and not working!

and can anyone tell me what size the bolts are that go into the 1st cat from the manifold?

i drip engine oil onto my key while jabbing it in and out the locks will, i displaces any water and lubes them too
and 12mm headed m8 bolts between the mani and cat eh :grinning:

i never bother with the upside down one will tbh (i left the cat on and just changed the mani when i tested the ones i did this year)
so if its only 1 bolt missing it wont hurt eh :wasntme:

indeed but getting it out is going to be the pain! im thinking that i will undo it from the head and then from the downpipe underneath and then do it all with it out the car!

which were the dash bulbs you said about which will fit properly as my blue tac is cold there all giving up lol

righto just a quick update have fitted some new interior lights and they work so well and i used the position that was said (the red one) took me about 3 hours in total with all the wiring, positioning and even some soldering :D

want some pics? :p

righto i thought id add some snowy pics i took :p

1291298881481.jpg

1291298853967.jpg

1291253712613.jpg

1291253699625.jpg

1291253679775.jpg

1291251975329.jpg

most of them were at like 2am when i went out for some fun in the snow :p was tipping it down too lol some sideways action without the damage to the tyres haha

righto onto the interior lights and the story of them righto was quiet easy when you have everything and i know this because i didnt get annoyed and start beating things up haha (which normally does happen) lol

righto the first bit was to make myself a little template to fit the light as the next pics show

1291471666807.jpg

1291471683424.jpg

1291471691409.jpg

took some fiddling about to actually get a snug fit

then next thing to do was to measure and line up on the roof liniing in my desired position!
(yes these are my habby marking outs lol but works a treat i thinks)
1291472709039.jpg

then simply stick the template to the roof folling amazing markings!

1291472751361.jpg

then with a sharp blade cut out as so and then you will end up with a badly cut hole like mine and the both on the same time

1291473971906.jpg

then try out the lights for fitting and maybe have to shimmy about and tweek here and there

1291474044263.jpg

and wala :p

then to the bit which i thought wouldnt be hard then came out an annoying task... which believe it or not is the wiring which was a bum to do... seeing as i wanted them to work exactly with the existing light and id pop into the wires which run up the front pillar! but after some inspection it was the live and then an earth which works with the door open/close which i did want but not only that... so i looked at the main light and worked pout a solution around it.

(cant find pic damn it haha)

but in the switcher unit that main earth wire goes in one side so when its on that setting it will work with door open/close, then on the other side the earth simply goes into the bodywork and then no connection in the middle secion....
so looking around it how can i connect a wire to all that and allow it to work properly as i want so i took it apart and got the the switch slider thing and solderd a wire onto it so it will work now i do have a pic!

1291477884828.jpg

just working out where to solder it so it doesnt get in the way is the fun bit!

and here is the unit back together about to go back in with added wire

1291479065201.jpg

then you can fit it all back together and run the eather wire round to meet the live which i ran from the door pillar as seen below

1291475950984.jpg

then i ran them to the lights and wired up as normal using ball connectors and made sure all the right weay etc and here are the finished results

1291480789415.jpg

1291482553191.jpg

1291482568364.jpg

all feedback would be loved :p

it must be like daytime in there (Y) although i can't see why you wouldn't be able to splice into the existing wire on the original light?

Like this kind of smart mod ! Simple; cheap and really useful ! There is a topic about glovebox light if you're interested in Will. Glad that a Peugeot car managed to be worth for something in the end.
Thanks for taking pics/sharing
Seb

it must be like daytime in there (Y) although i can't see why you wouldn't be able to splice into the existing wire on the original light?

well shaun that difficult to explain but ill try... otherwise i would have done it....

that main wire only brings the live wire which is permanent, and ther other wire going to the light takes the signal from the push for off button on the door... which goes to the switch in the roof (which is when the switch is on one side)... then when the switch is in the middle there is no contact to any earth... then on the other side the metal connector goes to a mounting screws which go into the roof which is the on at demand...
so by connecting to the slider switch it means the other lights will mimick the master as it were, seeing as the switch has metal and will get the power at whats its set at...

i hope that helps lol

yeah i am thinking of doing the glovebox and the boot... got all the bits i need to do both but not sure about doing glove box anymore as the main light lights it up amazingly well but only when its on!!!

and haha the bloke in the scrap yard did say am i planning on having a party lol

more feedback :laugh::p

Back