• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

There be off in time mate :)

Just been out and re set front camber so both equal to the eye(for now)

Don't know if anyone noticed by drivers side front and rear had tuck and passenger had top much poke

Re aligned panhard rod so all is equal and then tool manifold nuts of ready for turbo kit

No pics as all boring stuff!

If I get time later I'll be doing the rest of it ;)

cars looking real good mate. was looking forward to a good pic of the interior and the fitted gear knob! how sad am i lol was dissapointed!

Tis only one I have mate, there's so much crap inside from fitting things etc at the mo

8ebb6d5a.jpg

Cut about 1.5 inches off the stock gear shifter and then gearknob straight on, not bad for 5 though:)

managed to get turbo manifold and downpipe on, and then cat back aswell but ran into problems

snapped the very top left manifold stud, peed off as it was all going so well too :down:

then to top things off i could not get the damn oil feed nut out and have rounded it try so flipping much :down:

so annoying because things like this are so easy as ive done them time and time again!!

will be removing sump when i can to fit turbo return fitting but need to sort these pita out aswell

what are my options here, is it drill and re tap both holes? i started the car and squirted soapy liquid on the gasket and its bubbling so will have to be fixed properly, its snapped off inside the head so cant get to it to take out

ed/noddie do you still have the tap also what size drill bit please, need some advice please guys

fitted front fli speakers, instant win in sound, stock units are pants really

also keeping the door cards off aswell and will be stripping the rear too, just not everything:p

bdc026b3.jpg

0c5f781e.jpg

9c4ee8db.jpg

e3420879.jpg

a2c681d7.jpg

aw man thats a #####! if you need a hand mate give me a shout and ill pop down just gimme a shout :grinning:

when i get my new clutch and putit on shall we arrange a day to do engine? ill pay you and bring you some biscuits for your trouble :D

aw man thats a #####! if you need a hand mate give me a shout and ill pop down just gimme a shout :grinning:

when i get my new clutch and putit on shall we arrange a day to do engine? ill pay you and bring you some biscuits for your trouble :D

ha ha sure mate :) leave the clutch for the new engine as your have to bolt it on to the 1.0 then remove it etc and bolt it back on the the 1.3

ive got one shot at getting it drilled and tapped properly or ill be requiring a new head :eek:

does anyone know thread size of manifold studs so i can get the right tap, cheers

Nice not to have to paint all the inside metal black again Mart innit...
What exactly will be left in the rear?
Looking forward to photo updates :)

Nice not to have to paint all the inside metal black again Mart innit...
What exactly will be left in the rear?
Looking forward to photo updates :)

True, just needed a wipe :) driver side had no glue or traces of any but passenger full if it!! Def keeping front carpet and roof lining think every thing else will go

Any ideas on the oil feed grub screw?

True, just needed a wipe :) driver side had no glue or traces of any but passenger full if it!! Def keeping front carpet and roof lining think every thing else will go

Any ideas on the oil feed grub screw?

the grub screws usually abit tight and covered in muck. thought the allen head didn't have enough leverage for the screw thread and would easily round off so instead i cleaned the threaded edge of the grub screw sticking out with dremel wirebrush and used this screw&bolt extractor to grip onto the edge and with some gentle patience it loosened off

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/7pce-screw-bolt-extractor-set

attachment.php

Cheers all, problem is the outside thread is chewed thanks to a not so successful set of mole grips :(

Will the impact gun still work even though the Alan key hole is slightly rounded?

What about head bolt? Ed didn't you have to do yours??

Cheers all

Yeah it is, when im finished there will be none of that nasty grey stuff left

Scared to drill the head you know :(

hate using stud extractors cos the small ones feel like they're are bout to snap the big ones just wedge the seized screw tighter and at that point id rather just carefully drill it out and re-tap.

Re-tapping can lead to a weak thread though if you dont get the tap and the original thread lined up.
If you do use stud exstractor dont buy a cheap one!! get one that has less chance of snapping as if it does snap you are in a world of trouble (new head time)

Mate heat it up and use a big flathead screwdriver. Use the screwdriver and a hammer to make slots to turn it. Or try a drill bit A couple mm smaller and then break the rest out?

Mate heat it up and use a big flathead screwdriver. Use the screwdriver and a hammer to make slots to turn it. Or try a drill bit A couple mm smaller and then break the rest out?

(Y)

what I mentioned earlier to you mate, give this ago and take time

call me if anything

Heat will be a big loosener & if whatever way you choose from above fails you can at least as Stani sayes drill the remainder out.
Could an impact socket be hammered on then buzzed open with the impact gun?I have heat gun & impact gun if you need...

gonna disconnect my actuator to stop turbo spinning and let car tick over for little while, thats what i did on the last engine and it came out no trouble at all :grinning:

failing that, eds or sleeper ss impact gun, i wont give up just yet:p

what you lot think on some liquid manifold exhaust sealant for the manifold? reckon it would do the job?

Am I right in thinking that if you heat the remainder of the bolt up to a real high temperature but it still does'nt come out then it will make life more difficult if it comes to drilling/re-tapping/stud extractor ect.

i.e. Extra heat hardens the metal?

Good luck with whatever you do martin, personally I would get the heat on it anyway, worked a treat on my manifold to downpipe bolts (Y)

Yeah I get it nice and hot and smash the granny out of it:laugh:

Think I might go with the stud extractors on the manifold stud, I'll drill a hole smaller so doesn't touch the sides where the thread is, heat up first though and then extract it

Funking thing:p

Just removed bat and putting on charge, need it ready for a weekend of stop start :)

just got back from work to find this (Y)(Y)

4aa526bd.jpg

248dabb4.jpg

ill get it mounted saturday, still awaiting bits from the bay :down:

nice and pretty it looks like its on but on a second look its a piccy! yours deffo flying through it now martin well done :D you should get it running for the brighton meet! :D

Nah I wired it up to my battery that was on charge, it's funking awesome

Just waiting on fuel pressure reg, t cut and wynn's engine flush :(

Shaun where's my stuff?? Ha ha

Going halfords tonight with a loan from my bro in law of £20 :)

Getting screw/stud extractors from hellfrauds later and have collected some new hss drill bits from work :eek:

Yeah but thought I'd blame you anyway :) is it really that bad at royal mail? Been waiting about 2 half weeks from seller now ?

Well i am waiting on a package from royal mail. and i ordered it on the 10th december...
ordered some fog light last week (tue) turned up on friday. lol

just make sure you drill the hole down the center of the stud and dont snap the extractor!!! good luck mate:) and i wouldnt worry about the oil plug, its not gonna be that difficult, just dont mash it up to much.

Got em!!

62b3e575.jpg

Ok thought I'd have a go now on the oil feed screw, used extractor number 3, drilled it wound it in and bang she loosened!! Well chuffed! Cleaned thread , ptfe tape on the 1/8 npt fitting and in she went

Cool as, I thought!!

So then I thought I'd tackle the manifold stud

Went wrong and it won't grip the extractor

The thread only needs to go in about half inch so here's my big question

If the studs are m8 I need an m10 drill and tap

I need to know the size please

I will use an m10 bolt and may have to slightly over drill the manifold hole

Please please someone know the answer ??

Thanking you Frank :) do you know if the stud hole goes right into the block or is it just drilled and tapped in factory?

Borrow my friends m10 tap so I just need the 8.5mm drill bit right Frank?

I'm a cock :down:

But one out of two ain't bad, my plan is to use a small m10 bolt with maybe 1 or 2 washers to take up the space

Cheers for the help as usual mate :)

You should be called the fraynes manual in replacement of Haynes !!lol

lol martin :laugh:
if its one of the 8 head to mani studs then an m10 will be fine eh (i,ve had to do exactly the same to our karts exhaust studs)

Got my 8.5mm hss bit today fro machine mart at £1.50 which was good

Drilled some more of the funked old stud out and straight in with the 8.5!

It went though the old stud and voila a 8.5 mm hole perfect

Tapped it with this And some threading oil

cbefc592.jpg

In she went :)

3f491bb1.jpg

Manifold back on :)

23733249.jpg

41f4e2d2.jpg

Turbo oil feed back on :)

613b99d5.jpg

Boost gauge holder

51729d46.jpg

Boost gauge fitted

9f5de822.jpg

A closer look

30a6c720.jpg

And what she sounds like!!

The return isn't connected for the sump but i wanted to see the oil come through the turbo

Enjoy :)

[video]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/martboy21/82d581df.mp4[/video]

Back