what did you do to your micra today ?

Picked up set of Toyo Proxes T1R's. Hope my new wheels & coilovers come next week. (Japan Racing JR3 15x7 +25 + BC Racing V1) Going to eat ramen for the rest of the year but it's worth it :D

good choice :cool:
definately worth it once it's configured to your car.

dsc03326-jpg.33623

here's when I first received mine
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-12#post-422090

dsc03980-jpg.33890
dsc04630-jpg.34293

if you wanna preserve em from years of debris, I'd suggest making some waterproof covers
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-19#post-446325
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-24#post-454436

the most important step in purchasing any fully adjustable coilovers is to have them properly setup & balanced.
this is a basic principle of how I corner balance
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-32#post-471378

dsc08820-jpg.26613

brought my own 300kg scales
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-99#post-648414

dsc08973-jpg.27380

made some adjustable platforms to create a level floor
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-102#post-654427

and this is how I balance the car

4c9cbdda2c0cf383a1ff9f9dd8876ae3.jpg
saw this today and I was thinking it's so good reminds me of @frank the way he puts his car so high up and does his cars so quick, what do they call this or get one from cheap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found them ages ago when looking for a "home vehicle ramp" , can't remember the exact name...

They are cool bits of gear, wouldn't have though it would be easy to copy them however
My budgets 100 if someone can make or I can buy simlar or small pair

f63508bb0f02c45ab94b8a3d859dfc09.jpg
128979ec1e4c96b7d8b90c7defb2ca18.jpg
d552321d1a038a33adf2c4dfaef05aab.jpg
a314d0b09950d6bd7d2362c85715e55f.jpg
picked up a mig welder gas or gasless 200amps, finding it hard to set it up, if I go low amps it burns more and feed is slow if I go faster it won't weld, so just trying to find the right set up

f63508bb0f02c45ab94b8a3d859dfc09.jpg
128979ec1e4c96b7d8b90c7defb2ca18.jpg
d552321d1a038a33adf2c4dfaef05aab.jpg
a314d0b09950d6bd7d2362c85715e55f.jpg
picked up a mig welder gas or gasless 200amps, finding it hard to set it up, if I go low amps it burns more and feed is slow if I go faster it won't weld, so just trying to find the right set up

Welding and earthing onto clean metal will help for a start :) Although that doesn't make a difference for me because my welding is s**t anyway ;) Lol

Welding and earthing onto clean metal will help for a start :) Although that doesn't make a difference for me because my welding is s**t anyway ;) Lol

Yeh even with cleaning it needs setting up right I have clean sheets mild to have a go on

Just ordered a new R/H arm easier then change ball joint :p
View attachment 43955

yep easier & faster.

I'd also prefer lubing the rear rubber mount/peg with rubber grease if you or m8 has any to stop it seizing & stressing that weak rear pin.
it ain't essential and may not be a big issue for micras under 150hp with normal brakes and not abused on track, but tis just my preference from what's happened before.

dsc01352-jpg.43901

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-137#post-726619

These arrived from Taiwan on Saturday, 10 mm spacers, fitting them with my old black alloys YAY!
DSC_0029_zps7yxqrztd.jpg

And put the fly-eye on today, bit of a bodge in between the rain (should have waited) Jury's out on it at the moment, don't know if I like it or not.
Thinking I might put the chrome wire over the bottom grill as well....might look OK....we'll see.
Caught my other two micra's in the picture as well. I'm robbing bits of my old girl as well at the moment. Engine 1.4, free to a good home, come and collect.
DSC_0030_zps1pt2jymt.jpg

Last edited:
Love the lights, how did you do it Davy?
Hello Max. Real easy bud, clean the light, and its self adhesive, and boy does it stick. Have to be a lot more careful than I was, but I like it, and then don't like it. LOL
£12 on Amazon I think I paid, have a go if you like it mate.

Hello Max. Real easy bud, clean the light, and its self adhesive, and boy does it stick. Have to be a lot more careful than I was, but I like it, and then don't like it. LOL
£12 on Amazon I think I paid, have a go if you like it mate.
No MOT issues or anything? Sounds great. Cheers mate :)

@davyboy @MaxK11C

Ive done it in my fiesta... Looks awesome, until you try and drive at night in the rain! The rain clogs in little holes and I really struggled to see even with full beam tonight! Think twice about using it....

I'm leaving mine on cos im stupid
Funny you should say that Huggy. I've just tested it at night (wet) and deffo not as bright as normal. I could live with it around town, but on a bit of a run at night, doing 60+ Mmmmm! don't know. I'll give it a chance until I do that, because ..... I'm stupid as well :rolleyes: and old enough to know better. YO!!!!!

Funny you should say that Huggy. I've just tested it at night (wet) and deffo not as bright as normal. I could live with it around town, but on a bit of a run at night, doing 60+ Mmmmm! don't know. I'll give it a chance until I do that, because ..... I'm stupid as well :rolleyes: and old enough to know better. YO!!!!!

Yeah you can make do at night... I just drove a hell of a lot slower than normal :p
Not sure how they're meant to be legal If I'm honest

These arrived from Taiwan on Saturday, 10 mm spacers, fitting them with my old black alloys YAY!
DSC_0029_zps7yxqrztd.jpg

And put the fly-eye on today, bit of a bodge in between the rain (should have waited) Jury's out on it at the moment, don't know if I like it or not.
Thinking I might put the chrome wire over the bottom grill as well....might look OK....we'll see.
Caught my other two micra's in the picture as well. I'm robbing bits of my old girl as well at the moment. Engine 1.4, free to a good home, come and collect.
DSC_0030_zps1pt2jymt.jpg
Free 1.4 CGA engine? Where are you?

Car in the air, wheels off, welder out. Must be MoT time again. Again.

And so nice to see last year's plates are now needing to be welded over. For the third time now.:(

If this keeps up the car will be more my creation than Nissan.

Also found a knackered driveshaft and a leaking front damper. Better be nice to the bank manager...:oops:

Going to have two weeks off work soon. Which means the K10 will be fully blue and hopefully give me enough time to track down a CG13 and a new set of wheels :)

@SuperUno and @greenough, I'm in Cornwall, near to Falmouth.....bit of a trip I know.
Its in my old girl, and the motor is pukka, sweet and pokey, been well looked after, and has done about 59K only.
Gearbox is sweet, but the pedal is heavy, the clutch has done about 1500 miles since I had it put in, starts on the button...no problems.
She has Mot until September sometime, so you could drive her away if you like. I won't scrap her, she's been good to me, so I'd rather give her away. She is taxed, so driveable on your insurance I think. The wheels will be coming off, and the old steelies going back on.
Fly down to Newquay airport, and I'll pick you up if that helps.
She ain't pretty, but that don't matter, she's good.

@SuperUno and @greenough, I'm in Cornwall, near to Falmouth.....bit of a trip I know.
Its in my old girl, and the motor is pukka, sweet and pokey, been well looked after, and has done about 59K only.
Gearbox is sweet, but the pedal is heavy, the clutch has done about 1500 miles since I had it put in, starts on the button...no problems.
She has Mot until September sometime, so you could drive her away if you like. I won't scrap her, she's been good to me, so I'd rather give her away. She is taxed, so driveable on your insurance I think. The wheels will be coming off, and the old steelies going back on.
Fly down to Newquay airport, and I'll pick you up if that helps.
She ain't pretty, but that don't matter, she's good.

Yeah tad far although appreciate your offer , I'm in north Wales and besides distance I can't spare a lot of time just now

c03d51ca9e2536a39d0e6d04639eeb57.jpg
just lookin at my inner sills and I can't seem to plan a way to take them off I can grind them off but I'll need the pattern so I can make a fold so it's same, or I can patch it up, my mig welder is all set up, need to clear all the k11 parts I got, even lucky to have a none Nats Ecu hanging about
61581358036ca4ae49de22cb691234f1.jpg

Back