Buying new Micra today - your opinions please...

Right guys, as you know my Micra was written off a few weeks. Not had much luck locally sourcing one so going further afield today... There's a few options so just wanted to weigh up some pros & cons.

Was basically gonna go for same as before: pre-coil face-lift, 3 door, 1L...

Just wondering if I should consider anything else so if you lot can give me some pros/cons on the list below I'd appreciate it very much! (NOTE - pre face-lift is not up for consideration)...

1L vs 1.3L,
98-00 facelift vs coilpack facelift,
3 door vs 5 door,

Also comment on any extras such as sunroof etc or anything that should be avoided/considered... & what are tge auto boxes like?

Thanks guys...

From what I've read at least
Go for the 1.3l for the obvious power
Stick to pre coil engine in my opinion
Doors just get what you prefer. Though if you carry rear passengers often then having rear doors helps
Avoid sunroofs the drainage pipes appear to be inadequate as many have had to re-route pipes and clean up any damage
No idea on the autos

Just check for rust cross member boot sills etc no sunroof you have windows and its Britain its cold enough most the time cvts are good but I found ot used a hell of alot more fuel even that my 1.3 with 1.0 box! And if you can take a diagnostic machine and check ecu for faults always worth a try incase they are trying to hide anything!

I have had a 1.0 lt auto - very good. At present I have a 1.4 manual - brilliant. I also have a 1.4 auto - brilliant as well.
The 1.4s are as cheap as chips to run, and have a lot of torque, both are coil pack and that seems OK. My manual returns 50+ on a run, and 40+ around town. The auto is 38/43 mph, but lacks the quickness of the manual.
There were two in the paper here last week, both looked good, £900 and £1295 for a manual and auto respectively.

I didn't end up with anything yesterday... But got my eye on something which will hopefully stick around till I get a chance to get to it!?

There is a lot of crap around & almost everything, especially down here in south Wales, is stupidly overpriced... I dunno where people get their prices from? Saw a coilpack auto yesterday, 52plate with 40+k on up for just shy of £3k!? Crazy!...

On the other hand, saw a pre coil f/l with 27k on clock, tidy all round for £1100... Obviously that went straight away!

There's not a lot about really & when I do find something it's an ad that hasn't been taken down & tge cars sold... Depressing, need a new Micra!

Just check for rust cross member boot sills etc no sunroof you have windows and its Britain its cold enough most the time cvts are good but I found ot used a hell of alot more fuel even that my 1.3 with 1.0 box! And if you can take a diagnostic machine and check ecu for faults always worth a try incase they are trying to hide anything!

Can anybody suggest a good, cheap diagnostic! Did have a general one a while back, fitted my missus' Clio but wouldn't fit my micra?

Is there any sort of stand alone code reader available at all?

Failing that, where can you get the diagnostic program & where would you get a lead to plug into the car?

Back