what to do

meadows

Ex. Club Member
right im a bit unsure of what to do at the moment im buying a micra and plan on having a decent spec and i cant decide wether i should start by buying a cheap 1.0l micra and a 1.3 engine and building the 1.3 engine to the spec i want then dumping it the micra undicided wether or not to use 1.0l gear box with the 1.3 block aswell or..... start with a 1.3 and have it off the road for a long time wile i build up the engine anyone got any thoughts or advice

cheers sam

i think it depends on what you use or will use the car for. My car is a daily runner with the intention todo a few trackdays. My micra is a 1.0 but i will be uprating soon to a 1.3 but im going to have a play and get it to a certain spec 1st. In the meantime i can still use the car daily and get the chassis and brakes well and truly sorted. I havent changed an engine in a micra yet so should be fun but apparently providing you have everything there it looks as though it could be done in a couple of days tools permitting etc. I personally want to keep the 1.0 gearbox in mine as its still very strong and for the roads/tracks near me they consist of short streights and good corners then concentrate on shedding weight. hope this helps(Y)

Back