what did you do to your micra today ?

yeh, roll on 2012 eh :grinning:

fixored Baldrick
tounge.gif

you know frank i have a forge alloy actuator here that i have had fitted to a T28 with a custom 5 psi spring you can buy off me if your external one isnt doing the job...lol

it is now ed :p (no abandoned project from this neck of the woods), just blew the pipe off the t/b "pop" this boostin lark is soooooooo adictive :cool:

Now you see what we've all been going on about :D

I hate it when it pops free, theres always that split second when you're not sure if the engines dead or if the induction pipe is trying to escape.

Blowing off boost pipes is BAD, it can instantly kill turbos on higher boost. Trust me when I'm building systems that are going to run in excess of 2 bar/30psi boost its a big issue where you can't cut corners. If its happing at 5psi, you need to use something better than cable ties... lol.

haha, cheers guys. i do change my mind quite a bit. but its all down to money. if it werent for the V6 mr2, i would have a turbo micra rally replica. but i dont....cos i have..lol:p:p

yeah the tom's C7R's are the best wheels available for the mr2. they were a factory option back in 1992 from Toyota team Tom's......

Made by volk/rays ;)

99% of people who talk about lag don't know what they are talking about. Mostly they get it confused with the boost threshold.

Now you see what we've all been going on about :D

I hate it when it pops free, theres always that split second when you're not sure if the engines dead or if the induction pipe is trying to escape.

and scary too going from 160 to 40bhp when overtaking a lorry. hence replaced the tiny jubilees with massive clamps and eventually next yr fabricate a sturdier one-piece intake.

I've never been in a turbo k11 so can't comment on any "lag" issues that are supposed to exist...and obviously mine cant be compared. But insant response is certainly a win. :)

yeah, the turbo "lag" or boost thresh hold is one of the reasons i now have a 3.0v6 in my mr2 rather than a 3SGTE. :p

haha, mikalor clamps or V-band conectors are your best bet to stop them popping off, we use them on the typhoon so they work....

a button on my gearstick that disabled the coolant temp sensor on that 3rd dyno run kev (tho you could fit it to the throttle @ WOT i guess)
the other 2 runs shows the ecu trying to keep it in closed loop, but going dangerously lean at times :eek:
and the plan is 1.0 pistons and 2 x head gaskets for 10.5:1 C/R, and this little T15 with no I/C.
should give me the lagless grunt of an SR20, but without the weight penalty :cool:

i like this comment:grinning:

/\ lol, i knew someone would take one of my ideas and see it through... you see, i am a fountain of ideas, i just dont have the cash, time nor space to do any of it...lol :laugh::laugh:

if anyone wants an hks stainless manifold copy btw, ed made one for me and i no longer need it... PM me please.

The idea is one thing, getting it to reality involves a lot more than most people want to believe is required. Should be rolling around Easter time all being well :)

it is now ed :p (no abandoned project from this neck of the woods), just blew the pipe off the t/b "pop" this boostin lark is soooooooo adictive :cool:

*cough cough*
tounge.gif

PICT0091.jpg

WDID, or more correctly WDIB - a nice MOCAL oil cooler setup for the new build.

Don't know if anyone watched the last series of Ice Road Truckers but there was an episode where Lisa was driving long and there was a massive *BANG*. Turns out the cold air feed has blown off the turbo on the engine. Being the goddess she is, she had it screwed back on in no time :).

fitted new outer cv boot on the offside, thanks a lot to eurocarparts for supplying me with the wrong part again, its sooo amazing how you manage to give me the wrong part litterally every time i use you, is it because i come in on a saturday after 14.00 because you are the only factors open that late that you feel the need to "get it wrong" i mean "i need an outer cv joint STRETCHY boot for a micra K11, you know the stretchy ones so i dont have to faf with taking the joint off" "yes we have them in stock, £6 please"

get home open the box, non stretchy fail!!!! palm face followed by a few choice expleteds. but luckily the joint knocked off easily enough :D

new MOT winner

when you said "stretchy" hoopdub, he probably thought.........yes we have those rubber ones in stock lol :)
WDID ? tinkered with the tubby ALL day:eek:
different wastegate springs, fuel pressure, timing, t/b,s etc :grinning:
was hoping to dip into the 14,s next spring, heh definate low 14,s and 7 sec 60,s now (Y)

looking a million dollars there armando (Y)

ok,,,,,you already have sr20 T body MAF ? intake mani ,injectors and rail THEN got this little turbo tweak'd for lower medium range gruntage ?

yes Z, SR t/b, CGA rail (with the top of the f/p/r bashed down for 4 bar pressure, arrowed) and QG injectors :cool:

Attachments

• SDC13182.JPG
    SDC13182.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 344
Done a lot of wheelspin and aquaplanning today... very strange... those Michelin energy saver tyres are not as good as the Uniroyal rainexpert I had on the 1.0... or maybe it's the extra power of the 1.3... don't know but I don't like that... I can't take corner/roundabouts fast like I used to do with the 1.0 or else the car slides... :(

-------------------------THUNDER CAT---------------------------------------

P031211_1059_02.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

looking real nicel there is only one thing left to do. swap the glass lenses for the plastic ones.

Thanks. Cant do that, the beam patern is different, must use LHD headlights, otherwise i will be illegal. But i can sell them, like the JDM Cup Holder, dont need them anymore... :wasntme:

Some sexyness from Portugal in here. :p

Thanks mate. (Y)

looking a million dollars there armando (Y)

Thanks Frank, thanks to you i have a working sunroof (again). :grinning: :grinning:

Are you already running the HighComp engine with turbo?

Done a lot of wheelspin and aquaplanning today... very strange... those Michelin energy saver tyres are not as good as the Uniroyal rainexpert I had on the 1.0... or maybe it's the extra power of the 1.3... don't know but I don't like that... I can't take corner/roundabouts fast like I used to do with the 1.0 or else the car slides... :(

Michelin Energy are rubbish, with the time the rubber starts to transform into plastic...

i would guess about 125 craig, so not much more than the 1311 tbh
but the difference in lowdown grunt is huge :eek: gotta be at least double the lb/ft @ 2 to 4k rpm :cool:

Shame you don't like to travel much Frank, it would be good to get over to ScoobyWorks in Leicestershire and get some proper figures on a Dyno Dynamics RR.....

Back