what did you do to your micra today ?

ahh cheers kev :) and no sign of det yet :cool: (tho i pulled the timing back to about tdc)
we,re back on full N/A atm (got it down to about 1/2hr mani change now lol)
so i will be able to race dave in the santa pod N/A category, and then race paul and mov 1/2 hr later (Y)

Sweet man that sounds like a good plan :D

How's the clutch holding up with turbo torques?

You gonna build a lower comp motor for the turbo setup?

Ill just use stock compression and try and do things semi proper but as budget as possible :)

Sweet man that sounds like a good plan :D
How's the clutch holding up with turbo torques?

You gonna build a lower comp motor for the turbo setup?

Ill just use stock compression and try and do things semi proper but as budget as possible :)

so far so good on the clutch kev :)
and this new build is 10.5:1 mate, lpg pistons and 2 headgaskets to tighten the lower chain (Y) (going by my strobe the spark has terrible scatter at idle with a partworn lower chain)

Attachments

• SDC13165.JPG
    SDC13165.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 451
ahh cheers kev :) and no sign of det yet :cool: (tho i pulled the timing back to about tdc)
we,re back on full N/A atm (got it down to about 1/2hr mani change now lol)
so i will be able to race dave in the santa pod N/A category, and then race paul and mov 1/2 hr later (Y)

I think the pain of swapping and boost withdrawl will see that you don't ;)

Cool LPG engine that though, monster find......kinda of reminds me of the Jag XK 4.2 engine we got from a Scimitar tank, except they are quite mentally modified!

What's top ring land measure from the crown down to the first ring on those pistons? Will be mildly crappier on HC emissions due to a minor increase in dead volume but nothing the cat wont handle come MOT time....

so far so good on the clutch kev :)
and this new build is 10.5:1 mate, lpg pistons and 2 headgaskets to tighten the lower chain (Y) (going by my strobe the spark has terrible scatter at idle with a partworn lower chain)

Awesome! Hopefully once I fit my hybrid clutch plate ill have very capable setup!

I think its likely that ill try and push more boost and power than your setup but if boxes givr me trouble ill swap out for something more manly :D

Iam sticking with stock comp for ease :)

Iam familiar with spark scatter lol. A series is pron but it always due too warn dizzy bearings. I guess your cams, and therefore dizzy, isn't keeping perfect unison with bottom end due to slack in chain?

Iam familiar with spark scatter lol. A series is pron but it always due too warn dizzy bearings. I guess your cams, and therefore dizzy, isn't keeping perfect unison with bottom end due to slack in chain?

aye its a pita setting the timing kev, with the agressive inlet cam, lumpy idle, 2 slack chains and low oil pressure @ idle when hot, i seem to get a lot of scatter fwn you wont have that problem with the new crank sensor tho eh :grinning:
and the rings and lands are the same as the pre-coilpack pistons i think dave (but with oval skirts)

not really sure just let slip some negativity!

knocking from rear end, will inspect tomorrow and winter wheels are hitting the rear arch

and various other niggles

Jesus, this place is like a Soap... didn't realise you were selling up Mckenziecz!
I am planning on selling up too... doing too many journey's up and down the motorway and the micra does not like it one bit... not with the smaller tyres on it anyhow. :laugh:

Jesus, this place is like a Soap... didn't realise you were selling up Mckenziecz!
I am planning on selling up too... doing too many journey's up and down the motorway and the micra does not like it one bit... not with the smaller tyres on it anyhow. :laugh:

nice prayer :grinning: from soaps straight into sermons:grinning:

Don't get me wrong people i absolutely love the micra(s) but have been going up "north" recently a fair bit and the 240mile round trip is annoying at the very least in a fairly low stiff micra which is sitting at 3,200/3,400 rpm at 70mph.
And the road noise is horrendous!
still country lane driving of a nighttime cannot be beaten in this car! (Y)

Don't get me wrong people i absolutely love the micra(s) but have been going up "north" recently a fair bit and the 240mile round trip is annoying at the very least in a fairly low stiff micra which is sitting at 3,200/3,400 rpm at 70mph.
And the road noise is horrendous!
still country lane driving of a nighttime cannot be beaten in this car! (Y)

ha ha... mine is the same! But more like 60mph & no idea of rpm, no rev counter!

aye its a pita setting the timing kev, with the agressive inlet cam, lumpy idle, 2 slack chains and low oil pressure @ idle when hot, i seem to get a lot of scatter fwn you wont have that problem with the new crank sensor tho eh :grinning:
and the rings and lands are the same as the pre-coilpack pistons i think dave (but with oval skirts)

Yes indeed crank sensor + wasted spark :D

Iam hoping to run two looms and ecu so i can switch back to standard at the road side by switching a few plugs over.

My megasquirt has got boost control, switchable maps, launch control ect so should be good if i can figure it all out again :)

do you think stock gasket thickness will be fine for me? My engine isn't that worn and as you say crank sensor will prevent any scatter issues!

Iam hoping to run two looms and ecu so i can switch back to standard at the road side by switching a few plugs over.

My megasquirt has got boost control, switchable maps, launch control ect so should be good if i can figure it all out again :)

do you think stock gasket thickness will be fine for me? My engine isn't that worn and as you say crank sensor will prevent any scatter issues!

sounds good kev :grinning: and paul (pollyp) has run quite high boost on his stock C/R engine eh (accidently lol :wasntme:)

Why not utilize the switchable maps in the Megasquirt rather than having the complications with wiring and plug swaps? That way you then have a base map to work with come boost time rather than having to start from scratch? Will also aid in re-learning how the ecu functions too?

sounds good kev :grinning: and paul (pollyp) has run quite high boost on his stock C/R engine eh (accidently lol :wasntme:)

Awesome :D my rb25 is 9:1 as standard. It would be nice to run 10psi that's what the td04 was set at on the ca18det :)

Why not utilize the switchable maps in the Megasquirt rather than having the complications with wiring and plug swaps? That way you then have a base map to work with come boost time rather than having to start from scratch? Will also aid in re-learning how the ecu functions too?

Yeah that's a good plan and its what ill most probably aim to do. However i would like to keep the stock setup BRIEFLY whilst I get the megasquirt working correctly. Once i can trust it i think ill remove the stock setup and then fit the turbo and get it mapped!

Cheers (Y)

Well, not today, but yesterday...

Went for a drive with the wife behind the wheel. The boy in the back seat, and his bike in the back. Going for a long walk in the woods, so drove a couple of km's on a dirt road with a few holes and bumps.
Then this happened...
DSC_0099-1.jpg

Apparently, someone (only had the car for 1 month) welded some new crap material around the left rear shock mount. It's all gone!
So shock was just knocking around in the hole...

Drove back home with great care, and went about to find a cheap solution, untill I can afford to get it welded in january hopefully.

So, I found some thick aluminum discs/cups from an oversize bicycle headset. They're about 4 mm's thick, and the diameter fits quite well (about 3 mm bigger than the hole).
Placed one disc above the rubber on the shock (below the hole), and one on the inside. Put the washer/rubber/washer and nut back on, ang tightened it all up.
Went for a testdrive on a bumpy road, and it all held up fine. Should carry me through to january with no problems. :blush:

Someone should have this shock shoved somewhere dark and private... :glare:

Cheers,

U.

failed MOT, but was only a cv boot :D so im happy, retest saturday when i fit a new stretchy boot

ahhhh boot split,, i had this one split in july. so degreased sanded with rough grade paper and gasket sealer'd lightly around the split. passed mot in beginning of november and still going strong

DSC02028.jpg

and they go round a good few tiimes

hahaha i like that. mine not split, its gone hard (oh err) and pops off the joint on lock, rubber boot is only £3 few mins faffing and job done :D

yeh yeh it took me a few mins ,,,,,,,,,,,,,very few:grinning:
i dont know if you can see my cable tie holding the boot on,,its been on for a good few months
it goes around a lot of times

WDIDTMMT?
I parked it, between a 4x4...
and a Toyota Rav4:rolleyes:

6433164191_5b81feef22_b.jpg

Also got it a GA16 tb and injectors for some trial and error, want to loose a second off 0-60:)

is there an engine in that red facelift matt :grinning:
WDID ?
fitted a piggyback spring to drop the boost..................and finished building the new engine :)

Attachments

• SDC13170.JPG
    SDC13170.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 362
That stick inverter is pretty good eh frank! I wouldnt trust my buzz box welding something like that washer!
Good to see how the car is coming along man, looks like your having a whole lotta fun:D

is there an engine in that red facelift matt
:laugh:
It's got a 1.3 so I'm quite jealous of it really.

Your turbo build's getting me quite excited now Frank. Been reading up on high comp turbos this week and it all sounds pretty good doesn't it!
I won't be turbo'd 'till march now though, too many commitments atm, but high compression with turbo looks like the way forward for a daily(Y)

Will you be experimenting with an intercooler at all?

cancelled the insurance, cancelled the tax. still has 9 months mot. (shame i can return that)..
just got to take the cage out, remove the exhaust, brakes, steering wheel, dash, dials, wheels, harnesses (takata and momo) nismo quick shift and ignition bits........ big hint guys....... all still FOR SALE. (apart from guages and dash (to glen) and roll cage (k11ss i think) the rest is still available...... Blitz genuine back box.. best sounding box ever.

mr2 has now been run in, and i wound her up to 8000rpm in 1st second and 3rd gears and hitting the limiter spits an evil flame out of both pipes!!!!!
C7R split rim wheels are in doncaster getting a full on £500 rebuild and refurb/repair...... wooo!!!

cancelled the insurance, cancelled the tax. still has 9 months mot. (shame i can return that)..
just got to take the cage out, remove the exhaust, brakes, steering wheel, dash, dials, wheels, harnesses (takata and momo) nismo quick shift and ignition bits........ big hint guys....... all still FOR SALE. (apart from guages and dash (to glen) and roll cage (k11ss i think) the rest is still available...... Blitz genuine back box.. best sounding box ever.

mr2 has now been run in, and i wound her up to 8000rpm in 1st second and 3rd gears and hitting the limiter spits an evil flame out of both pipes!!!!!
C7R split rim wheels are in doncaster getting a full on £500 rebuild and refurb/repair...... wooo!!!

C7R are lovely wheels I'm a bit of a Volk/Rays bummer

cancelled the insurance, cancelled the tax. Still has 9 months mot. (shame i can return that)..
Just got to take the cage out, remove the exhaust, brakes, steering wheel, dash, dials, wheels, harnesses (takata and momo) nismo quick shift and ignition bits........ Big hint guys....... All still for sale. (apart from guages and dash (to glen) and roll cage (k11ss i think) the rest is still available...... Blitz genuine back box.. Best sounding box ever.

Mr2 has now been run in, and i wound her up to 8000rpm in 1st second and 3rd gears and hitting the limiter spits an evil flame out of both pipes!!!!!
C7r split rim wheels are in doncaster getting a full on £500 rebuild and refurb/repair...... Wooo!!!

if i hadn't met you id swear you were a woman, with the amount of times you change your mind lol

Next thing we know your gonna glue them together and make it a veyron!

Looks like a good project :) all i did today was (finally) clean the mud off mine

haha, cheers guys. i do change my mind quite a bit. but its all down to money. if it werent for the V6 mr2, i would have a turbo micra rally replica. but i dont....cos i have..lol:p:p

yeah the tom's C7R's are the best wheels available for the mr2. they were a factory option back in 1992 from Toyota team Tom's......

Don't worry Ant, we're progressing well with one of your former talked about choices, that being a high powered N/A CG13DE K11.........narrow track though eh ;)

/\ lol, i knew someone would take one of my ideas and see it through... you see, i am a fountain of ideas, i just dont have the cash, time nor space to do any of it...lol :laugh::laugh:

if anyone wants an hks stainless manifold copy btw, ed made one for me and i no longer need it... PM me please.

Tinkered some more and drove it around the block... :D

Annoyingly I think the coilover on passenger side is maybe one or two threads too low as its catching. :doh: (typical as i thought i'd finally sorted it).

BTW if anyones planning on bonding on spoilers etc, i've got a brand new unopened tube of adhesive sitting here (bought it then found i still had some left over in another tube)...that im happy to exchange for some pound coins.

Back