what did you do to your micra today ?

Probably either cro-mo or some other kind of engineering steel, I imagine they have to be pretty corrosion proof.

just stripped the airbag out of my K12 steering wheel for fitting in my K11 :D

041220111387.jpg

Hmm or should i ditch this rail and get a cga one? Was gonna get tubing with an ID to match the OD so that it doesnt distort when welding. This is the last piece of my turbo stuff i need

Hmm or should i ditch this rail and get a cga one? Was gonna get tubing with an ID to match the OD so that it doesnt distort when welding. This is the last piece of my turbo stuff i need

depends what t/b you intend to use really stani, the CGA rail hits the i/c/v on the CG t/b eh

looking a million dollars there armando (Y)

yes Z, SR t/b, CGA rail (with the top of the f/p/r bashed down for 4 bar pressure, arrowed) and QG injectors :cool:

Oi dad that was my trick to try! Lol

Did you read it in my blog and try it? I have wanted to try it out but haven't got a gauge yet! Can I use an airline schrader pressure gauge?

Hows the suck through maf going? Is it cut off cg maf?

Oi dad that was my trick to try! Lol

Did you read it in my blog and try it? I have wanted to try it out but haven't got a gauge yet! Can I use an airline schrader pressure gauge?

Hows the suck through maf going? Is it cut off cg maf?

teaching granny how to suck eggs eh son :grinning:http://www.micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=29794
and i checked this one by starting my compressor up and waiting for the blowoff while watching the gauge kev
and suckin just fiiine (Y)

Today was mostly spent cursing as I replaced the drivers front outer CV boot! Managed to snap my 1/2" drive breaker bar trying to undo the centre shaft nut aswell! Ah well, it's all done now and has stopped throwing grease everywhere! need to get some degreasant and get the pressure cleaner out now :p

Also decided to clean the IACV out, ####ed up and then it wouldn't idle under 1800rpm! Much fiddling,adjustment and calibration later, it now idles at 750rpm. Also somehow managed to remove a flat spot it had around 4k revs so I'm pleased ^^

and you have no idle valve thing// unplug'd , that dont effect ecu does it ?

been running without an i/c/v all year now Z, and apart from the 1st 1/2 minute in the morning it behaves far better than the (so called) antistall pita system
(but i have a 2 x bigger alt pulley and no PAS tho eh)

been running without an i/c/v all year now Z, and apart from the 1st 1/2 minute in the morning it behaves far better than the (so called) antistall pita system
(but i have a 2 x bigger alt pulley and no PAS tho eh)

i set mine up before so it ran like that how you mention ,exactly for the first few mins only on warm up
to be honest a idle valve working correct is hardly noticeable in operation , my view:grinning: and it was like that on the 48 k SLX i drove round for months,without fidling
power steer though may be a hurdle but then may not. well see

teaching granny how to suck eggs eh son :grinning:http://www.micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=29794
and i checked this one by starting my compressor up and waiting for the blowoff while watching the gauge kev

Haha yeah Frank twas a joke lol you have tried everything :D

I have just made a 1.5mm depression in the top of my regulator and its made a noticeable difference (Y) how far did you go too reach 4bar? I want about 3.3bar according to rolling road, that's assuming that its 3bar as standard!

I have just made a 1.5mm depression in the top of my regulator and its made a noticeable difference (Y) how far did you go too reach 4bar? I want about 3.3bar according to rolling road, that's assuming that its 3bar as standard!

the 1st couple of mm went easy kev, then it went a bit solid lol, probably coilbound now eh :eek:
and yes 3 bar stock

they sell different spring rates for the bosch ones

cheers mark :)
i,m having to run @ about 1 psi till i refine the fueling (leaning out @ WOT) gonna try some bigger injectors, and a rising rate F/P/R would be handy (a proper 6:1 ratio one that would raise the fuel pressure by 30 psi for 5 psi of boost)
i,d rather use that apexi vafc as a last resort really, tho i tried a rubber collar/reducer in the maf to concentrate more air around the sensor which has potential :) (in pic)

Attachments

• SDC13195.JPG
    SDC13195.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 435
If you're raising the air pressure into the engine by 5 PSI (33%) surely the reg only needs to increase fuel pressure by 33% ie 15-20 PSI? Or am I missing something Frank?

fantastic!! love it mate
takes a little while for air to exit balloon through little pipe though eh?

the balloon i had on last night ed, was held fully inflated @ 50 mph along the M5, and finally burst @ 60 mph lol.
so it seems like this high comp/low boost setup is,nt off boost while criusing eh :)

If you're raising the air pressure into the engine by 5 PSI (33%) surely the reg only needs to increase fuel pressure by 33% ie 15-20 PSI? Or am I missing something Frank?

you need extra fueling under boost tho eh guy 12:1 ish ?
and if i had a 6:1 ratio rr/f/p/r i could drop the base pressure to 30psi to stop the bigger injectors overfueling @ low throttle i guess

Agree Frank but 5psi boost is 33% more air so 33% more fuel is a 15-20 psi boost in fuel pressure surely? That's assuming the stock fuel rail pressure is about the same as the k12 ie 50-60 psi?

PS. Gonna need your address soon :D.

Agree Frank but 5psi boost is 33% more air so 33% more fuel is a 15-20 psi boost in fuel pressure surely? That's assuming the stock fuel rail pressure is about the same as the k12 ie 50-60 psi?

PS. Gonna need your address soon :D.

dunno mate tbh :) but i doubt you will get 2 x the fuel if you have 2 x the pressure ? ( you have to account for the opening and closing time of the needle)

True, all depends how the injectors handle any boost in fuel pressure. The open duration of the injectors shouldn't change (unless the ECU's particularly clever) but I guess the physical size of the fuel passage and opening may limit overall flow?

True, all depends how the injectors handle any boost in fuel pressure. The open duration of the injectors shouldn't change (unless the ECU's particularly clever) but I guess the physical size of the fuel passage and opening may limit overall flow?

and dont forget the N/A very rarely has zero pressure in the inlet (the boost gauge on bluey was usually reading 1/4 bar negative/vacuum.
so if i ran zero psi i would have more hp than if running N/A, so 5psi is more than 33% gain eh :eek:

Well they've made a right mess of my welding. 7" dent/kink to the rear of the sill, and on the other side there's another dink like they've hit it with something. The black covering stuff is also very rough :/ Not such a clean car any more :(

Back