what did you do to your micra today ?

the black stuff is either under seal or black stone chip!

under that will be hopefully seam sealer....

but if you wanted it done properly then the entire rear quarter would have to be done

mine had had a patch on the o/s sill tom, and some plastic soffit trim covered it no probs :)

Attachments

• SDC12191.JPG
    SDC12191.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 553
Finally fitted my air filter with an actual feed, now sits next to the washer bottle haha. Would have put it right behind the grill but theres some random metal plate here?? Drivers side between the grill and the engine bay, anyone know what its there for and if its needed? Better air flow if i can fit the filter right at the front y'know :)

@frank, are those widened 14s or 13? Ive got 14" alloys atm just wondered of my tyres would go with.. cheers

they look like 14,s joe
and 1.5" wee J
WDID ? fitted the boost control/vacuum pipe back on, and all hell broke loose :eek:

Attachments

• SDC10918.JPG
    SDC10918.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 468
Finally fitted my air filter with an actual feed, now sits next to the washer bottle haha. Would have put it right behind the grill but theres some random metal plate here?? Drivers side between the grill and the engine bay, anyone know what its there for and if its needed? Better air flow if i can fit the filter right at the front y'know :)

u can remove the metal plate, doesn't do much

I was in the country one night with a mate it was damp as i went round a corner a rabbit came out, obviously my instinct was to swerve and it snaked i held it but then it snapped back and went down the ditch through the bushes ended up on the side after rolling it. Was a scary experience and the car is ####ed just weighed it in down the scrap yard. Lucky me and my mate were okay, im sore as anything! The police came etc and ambulance. The worset part was being stuck on it side and passenger door is on the ground so cant open that and the drivers side is so bent i couldnt get it open! Luckily another driver came by smashed all the windows so we could get out and roll it back on the wheels. Only had the car under two weeks and it was a minter! So gutted about it tbh, in my driving life i have driven some serious cars and i have my Honda Civic sitting in the garage, but cant drive due to insurance so the Micra was just a runner. I have some pictures ill post up you cant see all the damage and ill post up a blog of my Civic aswell.

Some pictures not very good tho, doesnt show the full amount of damge. This was after we rolled it back onto its wheels and from my mates iPhone.

IMG-20111202-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20111202-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20111202-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20111202-WA0000.jpg

i get that situation sometimes dogs,cats,rabbits running into their rd
what can you do ? its either do what you did or just keep going as normal,,,,,,,which i do saying "poor animal it was it or me"
if they lucky, and a few have been cause i been on a straight locking both fronts but in a straight line then unlocking em well before any side ways drama happens "HUMANS FIRST" :grinning:

that dont look to bad. dustpan and brush ------good as new

Man thats not good :( Shame it couldnt be saved. A friend of mine was in his mates when they rolled it in his school car park, 5 people in and all leaned right on a left bend! Odd thing was the car was basically fine.. just a few dents! School teachers werent impressed though :laugh:

I know what you mean with it flicking though, mine slid out the other day and threw itself all over the road! Lucky it was fairly slow just wet so i held it. Seriously cannot wait for lower/stiffer springs or some anti roll!

you should be able to hold a perfect drift with it lowered on some decent tyres.... FWD DRIFT FTW!!

Is this your micra plan then? Drift car k11 would be pretty awesome, if a bit wierd haha. I may need more than a standard 1l in it to have the power tho...

thats real!
who done the vid in the snow were the car is going side to side but the front wheel drive keeps pulling it correct

FWD and drift dont work, FWD dont drift, they slide controllably lol

a controlled slide is exactly a drift,.... otherwise its a powerslide..lol thats why most drifters start a drift with the handbrake... its a slide thats maintained with the throttle.... FWD its maintained with the throttle and the handbrake...

What you waiting for then, get a bar through those wheels!

how does 20+ sound stani :eek: it blew the t/b pipe off tho lol
i cant figure this wastegate system out fwn i removed the spring and its doing 20+ psi (with or without the boost control pipe fitted WTF ??)

how does 20+ sound stani :eek: it blew the t/b pipe off tho lol
i cant figure this wastegate system out fwn i removed the spring and its doing 20+ psi (with or without the boost control pipe fitted WTF ??)

odd. what boost was the actuator originally for. is the WG rod length set with only slight preload? if its too short it'll apply so much preload that it even compresses the WG spring resulting in no travel nor boost control. actuator lines not leaking?
try a bicycle pump/air line into the actuator n see if it moves at 10psi.

odd. what boost was the actuator originally for. is the WG rod length set with only slight preload? if its too short it'll apply so much preload that it even compresses the WG spring resulting in no travel nor boost control. actuator lines not leaking?
try a bicycle pump/air line into the actuator n see if it moves at 10psi.

i,ve just tried a styrup pump paul, and took it to 30 psi but its "pushing" the rod outwards (closing the gate harder shut :eek:)
and the rod is set so that the W/G is just about barely shut (stock actuator, .6 bar i believe)

rod gets pushed out (extended) from actuator which opens the waste gate.
boost pressure inside the actuator pushes a diaphragm which pushes the rod out (once pressure rises enough to overcome the spring tension inside the actuator).
the action of the rod opening the waste gate allows more exhaust to bypass the turbo which means less boost is created.

not written for anyone in particular:)

So looking at your spring setup frank, no wonder your making big boost :D ;)

well, i assume thats how they all work, thats how mine works:) maybe some actuators pull the rod back in by applying to boost pressure to the other side of the diaphragm.

i,ve just tried a styrup pump paul, and took it to 30 psi but its "pushing" the rod outwards (closing the gate harder shut :eek:)
and the rod is set so that the W/G is just about barely shut (stock actuator, .6 bar i believe)

eh thats a wierd WG port config, got a pic of inside the WG?.

so does the WG shut clockwise or anticlock?

normally the actuator pulls on the WG arm to keep it shut with abit of preload and pushes it open as it reaches max actuator boost.

if ur WG shuts by pushing instead, you'll need to reverse the mechanism by welding a new arm or cut n reposition the WG arm on the opposite side of the pivot.

Back