what did you do to your micra today ?

310840_2299337804045_1267159303_32158405_1245893541_n.jpg

Fitted my Tein springs

‎33mm on the back with out the top rubber helper in, fronts 35mmm.. probs looks more level on a flat surface! (Y)

assembled the new crank into a *ahem* suitable block :)
the shells are graded at the factory and this assembly turned out to be a bit too snug :eek: (2kg of pull to turn it)
so we,ve applied some G3 cutting paste and spun it.........a few times :)
micropolished journals FTW

Attachments

• SDC13139.JPG
    SDC13139.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 519
ddididdid u use air gun to spin it ?

speedbrace and sweat lol and torqued the bolts more and more till it spun free kev,
i,ll jetwash the galleries out tomorrow at work and assemble the whole short engine (gonna use the current cammed head, so i,ll swap blocks then transfer the head incar eh)
lpg sump with the extra spout :eek:

Attachments

• SDC13141.JPG
    SDC13141.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 506
Any chance we can go back to the old days with seperate threads please? my netbook hates this site and in particular this thread, I'm missing so much of what goes on in this mish-mash rubbish.

Any chance we can go back to the old days with seperate threads please? my netbook hates this site and in particular this thread, I'm missing so much of what goes on in this mish-mash rubbish.

install slitaz operating system on your netbook 1275 (Y) blinding fast, 30 sec bootup to web. zero spam or virus etc (Y)

Please start a thread on just your build frank, you have 1 on CMF so why not here? This thread is good for info yes and all point put in one place but it's do busy with full in detailed build posts and "I washed my car today" posts, which not a bad thing on its own they shouldn't be lumped together in 1 thread like this :(

Pepper

Please start a thread on just your build frank, you have 1 on CMF so why not here? This thread is good for info yes and all point put in one place but it's do busy with full in detailed build posts and "I washed my car today" posts, which not a bad thing on its own they shouldn't be lumped together in 1 thread like this :(

Pepper

a blog is too easy to find pepper, and CMF is full of tumbleweed lately fwn
you lot want nursemaiding lol :p

Today : Finished ######ing about with the splitter (something thats been bugging me for ages) and decided to fiddle about in the engine bay.

Looking good frank, guess thats your intake all sorted. :)

guess thats your intake all sorted. :)

pretty much kris :)
minor setback tho, the oildrain is too high up when using the crankcase breather (unless you have a topmount turbo) and its making the oil back up, and leak into the intake :eek:
so i,ll have to pull the sump tomorrow and fit a spout

pretty much kris :)
minor setback tho, the oildrain is too high up when using the crankcase breather (unless you have a topmount turbo) and its making the oil back up, and leak into the intake :eek:
so i,ll have to pull the sump tomorrow and fit a spout

You nearly got away with it haha. But if thats the only issue you have then you can still call it a win. :D

ooooooooooooooh yes (Y)
and i,ll do a vid when i can take it over 4k and/or WOT, i doubt if this 11.5:1 c/r engine will take full boost :eek:
damn loud chatter tho :eek: gonna need a bov imo
I got mine off a saab for a fiver. works fine.
Looking good man! whats the plan for mapping? megasquirt? try the engine temp plug trick eh:) makes a massive difference, just dont run like that for more than a little blast or you will end up like me haha.

I got mine off a saab for a fiver. works fine.
Looking good man! whats the plan for mapping? megasquirt? try the engine temp plug trick eh:) makes a massive difference, just dont run like that for more than a little blast or you will end up like me haha.

cheers ed :) ghetto map no doubt, but i have a vafc if needed

Lol sounds brutal :D is it detting its mars off?

It's upto you on bov but defo run it recirc if you can. Most modern turbo engines will have a plastic bosch recirc valve

Just so you know, my drift car has been running 14psi on stock turbo for 3years no trouble and the compressor wheel is ceramic ;)

Lol sounds brutal :D is it detting its mars off?

It's upto you on bov but defo run it recirc if you can. Most modern turbo engines will have a plastic bosch recirc valve

Just so you know, my drift car has been running 14psi on stock turbo for 3years no trouble and the compressor wheel is ceramic ;)

ahh cheers kev :) and no sign of det yet :cool: (tho i pulled the timing back to about tdc)
we,re back on full N/A atm (got it down to about 1/2hr mani change now lol)
so i will be able to race dave in the santa pod N/A category, and then race paul and mov 1/2 hr later (Y)

ahh cheers kev :) and no sign of det yet :cool: (tho i pulled the timing back to about tdc)
we,re back on full N/A atm (got it down to about 1/2hr mani change now lol)
so i will be able to race dave in the santa pod N/A category, and then race paul and mov 1/2 hr later (Y)

Talking about keeping your options open lol

looking good mate. how did you sort out the oil issue you pointed out the other day?

had to drill the sump george :doh: (the pic in post # 1426) i was hoping to avoid that sh###y job by using the crankcase breather, but the return pipe has to point downwards on these tubs else they piddle ot of the bearings.
going back to N/A has given me a chance to compare this CG t/b with the SR one

Back