turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the start up for 5 mins I noticed black smoke from the exsaust ? is that normal for a engine stood for time ?

Sent from my iPhone using T

It's probably best to an oil change after it's been running for a little while. All those parts have been off the car and been handled/ got dirty etc.

It's probably best to an oil change after it's been running for a little while. All those parts have been off the car and been handled/ got dirty etc.
I just put fresh oil in 2 days ago but I didn't really check the dip stick maybe it's extra 1 litre in there ?

e="jamier2007, post: 681113, member: 13265"]If you put a whole 5L can in there?[/quote]
Maybe I put like 4 litres in causing it black smoke

Black smoke is unburnt fuel usually. You said there was some things you left unplugged. Mad for example will make it fuel incorrect when unplugged...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Maf*

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
My maf was plugged in and it was smoking black and now unplugging was same, am having idle problems at the moment did block both holes and made it cut the car out
equ4aryq.jpg

y9amy8a4.jpg
@Enuo this is with ign on with readings ? Wat can this mean ?
Got a new battery and now fires on first click

What was the resisitance in Ohms that you got on ALL the settings?
Off:
Acc:
On:
Sorry I didn't check all them only used 200 ohm settings and car was off reads 0.00
Car ign on reads 18 plus, Tommow morning I will do each one again for u

The setting I done today wasn't that on ohm ?

Possibly, the picture isn't clear. But you said you done 10 tests on all settings, no need to do that. You can seriously hurt yourself with a meter if you mess arou d with it and don't know what you're doing, especially on higher voltage stuff...

Possibly, the picture isn't clear. But you said you done 10 tests on all settings, no need to do that. You can seriously hurt yourself with a meter if you mess arou d with it and don't know what you're doing, especially on higher voltage stuff...
The picture u sent me yestoday of resistance is same on my meter 200, I will redo it Tommow how u said and give u the test on 3 settings on and off, acc

du8a4apa.jpg
tommows job drill the top hole and use that as idle valve gona use a pipe and join that on see if it helps my idle

follow instructions to the letter.now you got a value ecu i would be carefull.
It was off position
acc position
ON dash instrament red lights. and disconnect ohm meter every check

follow instructions to the letter.now you got a value ecu i would be carefull.
It was off position
acc position
ON dash instrament red lights. and disconnect ohm meter every check
am taking it easy don't wana blow nothing up for wrong mistakes thank u

Car only uses 3.1 litres of oil... 4 litres won't have been any help, but that's not the only reason for the rough running

I'm guessing the stalling is MAF or IACV related. This battery business seems like a red herring if the car turns over and starts (but then dies).
I would check your MAF readouts like I said before mate :) back probe the MAF signal and let us know what it reads whilst someone revs the engine :)

I'm guessing the stalling is MAF or IACV related. This battery business seems like a red herring if the car turns over and starts (but then dies).
I would check your MAF readouts like I said before mate :) back probe the MAF signal and let us know what it reads whilst someone revs the engine :)
As new battery put on it starts up every time but very very lumpy shaking car down, it's my icvalve as I don't have one but gona plumb it in Diffrent way, i will get a read out in morning on maf, I'll do as u said and rev it and see wat readings I get 12volt on meter thanks for everyone's help

A engine will run without an ivac valve ( I don't have one)
Black/blue smoke is oil being burnt.

Have you checked the colour of the sparl plugs ?

A engine will run without an ivac valve ( I don't have one)
Black/blue smoke is oil being burnt.

Have you checked the colour of the sparl plugs ?
I haven't checked the Spark plugs as they brand new but will check this Sunday as am working on my car all day to finishs it more problems I found today was this
a3e6ygy3.jpg

I haven't checked the Spark plugs as they brand new but will check this Sunday as am working on my car all day to finishs it more problems I found today was this
a3e6ygy3.jpg

Water leaking from the inlet pipe ?

uruzeruh.jpg
qe7abudy.jpg
yjadytab.jpg
vyba2a5a.jpg
taradama.jpg
y8yhuna9.jpg
So long day today and got bit tricky till it started to rain
I started by taking the inlet off and Thottle body so I can swap over to idle valve Thottle body, now took my 350cc injectors off and swapped over to 370cc sr ones with loom I had found and chopped, now was the tricking bit making sure the inlet goes on and going under the car to get the 3 bolts on and holding the water pump pipe, after this was done I got on to my injectors fitted just right now needs wiring and fuel pipe extension to fuel reg as it's other side, too much rain stopped me to even finish 30 mins off it or start it up,

Its so he can run an iacv, right azzy? But I still not sure that that is the issue:) I would have mounted it remote like Frank did a couple if years back

Would changing the injectors size not mean changing the map Eds put on for you?
Good question when I had this problem I called ed first and he said the base map is originally for a 370 cc base map so my injectors shouldn't make a Diffrents so I thought of changing it over as I can have a idle valve same time, I will fired it up today and check

I'd say changing the injectors would mess up the Ve table ( if nistune use one)
It wouldt as ed said the base map was for a 370 cc but my injectors I had should be ok but I changed it so I can have a idle valve

Its so he can run an iacv, right azzy? But I still not sure that that is the issue:) I would have mounted it remote like Frank did a couple if years back
I have tired remotely it made no Diffrent just went very loud and no idle then cut out so I'll try with idle

7a6a4uqu.jpg
so extensioned my fuel line so it fits on the fuel rail end and on the prime it was leaking from the tig weld, I had rewelded it and now it's raining to even refit it and try it

Quick question i want to tell dvla about my turbo on car so it's fully legal by insurance how do I do this ? Will it say on v5 log book ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back