• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March g# turbo build.

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Got a march g# for near to nothing with an average shell. Since its so cheap the k10 super s will be my daily. I am collecting the March this saturday. Plan so far is td04 with nistune.
The K10
sa9aruba.jpg

The march abit tatty will just plasti dip it matt black.
4ady7uny.jpg

yse8ubyz.jpg

arabydyz.jpg

5ugaze7u.jpg

quje9a7a.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

I got average welding skills so will attempt to make a manifold. Also got an old rx7 intercool, dumb valve and other turbo parts i can use

I already paid for it just need to collect it haha. Will be a slow project due to funds but i will turbo it no matter what.

I cant bring myself to scrap it if its in goodish or good nick. Too rare to scrap

My super s was in NO WAY better than my sl... except the rev counter... but I have one of those so...

I hope as well. Should be the same ecu though. Need to find put if its got nats and whatnot when i get it.

the last G# i saw breaking in a local yard had a very strange/different loom (japspec)
Not good :(. Im sure ed could work it out either that or i will reshell the car with a uk spec loom. Wideband has just been ordered along with a td04 flange, cg13 exhaust manifold and some pipe. Will get cracking making a manifold soon

baguete is the one to ask mas, yours has the same blue vin-tag as his, the car that i stored for him and then he drove it to portugal, then he turbo,d iirc

baguete is the one to ask mas, yours has the same blue vin-tag as his, the car that i stored for him and then he drove it to portugal, then he turbo,d iirc
Cheers mate. I will try to carry on anyways. Any advise on what maf to get. Also found two different size rx7 intercoolers one should fit, found an old turbo timer as well.

Cheers mate. I will try to carry on anyways. Any advise on what maf to get. Also found two different size rx7 intercoolers one should fit, found an old turbo timer as well.

What power are you after?

Let's find out if she really is an Import first, shall we? ;)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Im happy with atleast 140 at fly but would love around 170 mark, i also dont want it to blow up. Td04 is my first option for turbo.

Sr20 maf then, I think a GA16 one would be a push even at 140...

Registered in 1999

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
So it is an import :D.

Looking at this 200sx maf. Thinking if i want to set it up either blow through or suck through. Blow through would be better. Between the dump/blow off valve and throttle body. Maybe i should go suck through though as they come out the factory like that.
udetaheq.jpg

Mild steel tdo4 manifold for starlet. Weld the pipes onto a cg13 flange?
epu4yty4.jpg

Last edited:
Also looking at a rising rate fuel regulator instead of getting the car mapped. Will also get a good fuel pump. I want to turbo this car for under £1500

You want power at fly... You are changing everything and won't pay for mapping. It's going to be another Piss money away build. You could slap a turbo on it with a chopped up mani, better fuel pump and mapping... Done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I dont know why I am even saying this... You watched me make these mistakes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
That is true. Starlet manifold, td04, fuel pump, regulator, bleed valve, dump valve then remap. Got an intercooler i can use also got an rx7 bov if needs be

Awesome mate cheers. Your maf is it blow through or suck through? Stock 200sx mafs are suck through.

With a draw through the maf will register air that is bled through the dump valve and overfuel on overun massively, with blow through will only read what actually goes in engine and give smoother running in theory

With a draw through the maf will register air that is bled through the dump valve and overfuel on overun massively, with blow through will only read what actually goes in engine and give smoother running in theory
Thats what i was thinking mate. Get to start work this weekend i cant wait also found a blackdiamond 3 paddle clutch and a helix 3 paddle clutch both around £320.

I run my pulsar MAF blow-through as close as possible to the throttle valve and behind the recirculating valve.

if the MAF is placed ahead of a venting BOV it will run rich on overrun.
if the MAF is between the BOV and where the recirculated flow returns into the turbo inlet, it will run rich on overrun.
if the MAF is a long way from the throttle valve but after the turbo and with no BOV, it may still overfuel on overrun as the air compresses and bounces along the pipe (back n forth through the metering MAF sensor) during compressor surge.

if the MAF is ahead of a recirculating BOV return port or behind the venting/recirc BOV, then it'll meter correctly.

I run my pulsar MAF blow-through as close as possible to the throttle valve and behind the recirculating valve.

if the MAF is placed ahead of a venting BOV it will run rich on overrun.
if the MAF is between the BOV and where the recirculated flow returns into the turbo inlet, it will run rich on overrun.
if the MAF is a long way from the throttle valve but after the turbo and with no BOV, it may still overfuel on overrun as the air compresses and bounces along the pipe (back n forth through the metering MAF sensor) during compressor surge.

if the MAF is ahead of a recirculating BOV return port or behind the venting/recirc BOV, then it'll meter correctly.
Cheers mate alot of help. Orded a cg13 manifold for the flange as well

here's a list of the possible combinations I wrote for azzydot

1. air filter, turbo, IC, vented BOV, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  2. air filter, turbo, vented BOV, IC, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  3. air filter, recirc BOC return, turbo, IC, recirc BOV, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  4. air filter, recirc BOC return, turbo, recirc BOV, IC, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  5. air filter, GTI MAF, recirc BOC return, turbo, IC, recirc BOV, K11 TB
  6. air filter, GTI MAF, recirc BOC return, turbo, recirc BOV, IC, K11 TB

here's a list of the possible combinations I wrote for azzydot

1. air filter, turbo, IC, vented BOV, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  2. air filter, turbo, vented BOV, IC, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  3. air filter, recirc BOC return, turbo, IC, recirc BOV, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  4. air filter, recirc BOC return, turbo, recirc BOV, IC, GTI MAF, K11 TB
  5. air filter, GTI MAF, recirc BOC return, turbo, IC, recirc BOV, K11 TB
  6. air filter, GTI MAF, recirc BOC return, turbo, recirc BOV, IC, K11 TB
Sorry to seem stupid but whats ic and boc? I was going to do ome like the first one with a 200sx maf

Sorry to seem stupid but whats ic and boc? I was going to do ome like the first one with a 200sx maf

oops sorry terminology :p

IC = Intercooler
vented BOV = vent to atmosphere Blow Off/Dump Valve
recirc BOV = Blow Off/Dump Valve that is recirculated back into the turbo inlet port
MAF = Mass Air Flow sensor
K11 TB = standard micra Throttle Body thats on the inlet manifold

oops sorry terminology :p

IC = Intercooler
vented BOV = vent to atmosphere Blow Off/Dump Valve
recirc BOV = Blow Off/Dump Valve that is recirculated back into the turbo inlet port
MAF = Mass Air Flow sensor
K11 TB = standard micra Throttle Body thats on the inlet manifold
Cheers mate on the drive home from work I figured out what they meant haha.

Did some research and apparently recirculating BOVs are better so thats what I am going to do for.

I want PPPPSSHHH. I will try both and see whats better.

Getting everything from demon tweeks as i got a 10% discount code. also so I can buy it all finance.

Cheers mate on the drive home from work I figured out what they meant haha.

Did some research and apparently recirculating BOVs are better so thats what I am going to do for.
Not really, they're about the same apparently...

a recirc BOV will improve boost response when the throttle reopened after it's been shut rapidly (ie upshift under full power) cos all that energetic high velocity/high pressure air is fed back into the turbo to keep the compressor spinning up so when you reopen the throttle and demand boost, the turbo rpm is already close to where it last left off.

you still get some PSHH depending on the design of the BOV and plumbing.

a venting BOV basically just throws all of that energetic pressurised air out into the open, some BOV intentionally enhance the rush of air into a audiable whistle to make a louder PSHH. meanwhile the turbo compressor rapidly slows down cos it has to PUSH all this wasted air out of the venting BOV with the lack of exhaust energy.
so when you demand boost, it has to wait for enough exhaust pressure to spin the turbo from a low rpm to rebuild all that boost all over again, hence slower response.

a recirc BOV will improve boost response when the throttle reopened after it's been shut rapidly (ie upshift under full power) cos all that energetic high velocity/high pressure air is fed back into the turbo to keep the compressor spinning up so when you reopen the throttle and demand boost, the turbo rpm is already close to where it last left off.

you still get some PSHH depending on the design of the BOV and plumbing.

a venting BOV basically just throws all of that energetic pressurised air out into the open, some BOV intentionally enhance the rush of air into a audiable whistle to make a louder PSHH. meanwhile the turbo compressor rapidly slows down cos it has to PUSH all this wasted air out of the venting BOV with the lack of exhaust energy.
so when you demand boost, it has to wait for enough exhaust pressure to spin the turbo from a low rpm to rebuild all that boost all over again, hence slower response.
Thats near enough what I got when I did some research.

Last edited:
Back