turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to dvla and it's fully legal as my mods and insurace is happy with it , my car starts and idles really good so Tommow will drive it on road being first time haha

Sent from my iPhone using T

Nice man. Still need to see videos. ;)

Oh yea, you need to be careful with your stock engine. :s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my stock engine is on base map ed said it's fine with my set up but not to trash it

One problem I have it's hissing sound from tb can't find what it is but car starts and idle as normal

Its only a turbo so no need to contact dvla just make sure the mods are declared with insurance. Sky insurance is your best bet.

DVLA only needs to be contacted when you change your engine or make serious body mods.

Its only a turbo so no need to contact dvla just make sure the mods are declared with insurance. Sky insurance is your best bet.

DVLA only needs to be contacted when you change your engine or make serious body mods.
thanks mate I sorted insurace out so Tommow am on road to test how it runs

right my car idles at 1.500 k but when I lower the idle screw it doesn't help much ? soon as I rev it and move off in 1st gear the rev drops and looks like it will cut out ?

OK scrap that train of thought then, you will have a hard time when you don't know what Afr your running.
Am finding it hard at the moment am thinking the same as ed told me to check afr and the feed line but that's on as normal and the car flames after 5k rev so he said it shouldn't do coz my maf telling ecu wrong air and fuel is that right ?

To keep it simple...
The maf tells the ecu how much air is entering the engine, the ecu will then look at the fuel table to see what AFR its aiming to reach for that given maf reading. Then it will alter the injector opening time to provide the correct AFR.

If the maf is giving a incorrect reading then the AFR will be wrong.

To keep it simple...
The maf tells the ecu how much air is entering the engine, the ecu will then look at the fuel table to see what AFR its aiming to reach for that given maf reading. Then it will alter the injector opening time to provide the correct AFR.

If the maf is giving a incorrect reading then the AFR will be wrong.
Am using a Almera gti one and ed said the base map is from a customers old setup which they used on this, and he said get a s14 should solve it

Assuming that the maf you have fitted works then there is no reason why you can't just take it to a rolling road and they will map it to suit your maf.

Or fit a maf that ed recommends and it will be closer and might run better.

Don't forget that regardless of set up every car needs to be mapped properly.

Assuming that the maf you have fitted works then there is no reason why you can't just take it to a rolling road and they will map it to suit your maf.

Or fit a maf that ed recommends and it will be closer and might run better.

Don't forget that regardless of set up every car needs to be mapped properly.
It's on base map ed has done it by my spec but on the starting it up u have to do it few times then fires up am guessing it's the maf causing this like ed told me

[qu ote="McMicra, post: 682214, member: 15724"]Get it mapped properly[/quote] I need it to run good so am safe to drive to eds

Doesn't need to be ed that maps it fully, anywhere capable of mapping nistune with a rolling road will be able to map it
I want ed defo on it, why ? Coz it's cheap as bought of him and he knows more about Micra remaps, others will say 400 on remap and may even blow car

I know wat u mean am happy with eds map

Base map won't be giving you full power. It'll run rich with very conservative ignition timing. A proper mapping session will release a lot more power.

Base map won't be giving you full power. It'll run rich with very conservative ignition timing. A proper mapping session will release a lot more power.
I know it's true say but I need car to run a bit better goes when I hit gas it wana cut out and that's no good going to eds for mapping

nah. you can safely rag the car for years on unleaded petrol, and without an intercooler on ed,s basemap andy ;)

I don't think you understand, yes ed has provided you with a map but because you don't have an Afr gauge etc you don't know if your running anywhere near it.

You need to get it "mapped" so that it follows eds map.

I don't think you understand, yes ed has provided you with a map but because you don't have an Afr gauge etc you don't know if your running anywhere near it.

You need to get it "mapped" so that it follows eds map.
Ok now am understanding where do I get one from how much are they ?

About £150-180

I've got one on mine, has a cool blue gauge so you can see what's going on, and feeds info to my ecu

About £150-180

I've got one on mine, has a cool blue gauge so you can see what's going on, and feeds info to my ecu
I never knew it cost that much ? so if I get it mapped I wouldt need one ? And for now I would ?

The afr gauge will tell you what's going on with the engine in it's current state.

I don't know your ecu, but with mine, I can tell it to include the info from the afr sensor to get the fuel right

The afr gauge will tell you what's going on with the engine in it's current state.

I don't know your ecu, but with mine, I can tell it to include the info from the afr sensor to get the fuel right
That is a very clever engine mod, but for me I will have to get it mapped or sort it,

I think lambda sensor should send the sane info to yours....but if the fuel and ve tables ain't right, it's not gunna run ok

I'm knew this side of things too so I'm only sharing stuff that I think is right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back