Few questions about engine build

Hi guys, ive a few questions about a turbo build I have planned.

First, are cga3de injectors a direct plug into the cg loom? obviously they will need the top feed rail and some form of piggyback to adjust fueling but this will come at a later stage. Also is the mani a direct bolt on to the cg head?

I've a 1L coilpack engine lined up with head gasket damage which im getting from a friend solely for the intake mani, are there any other parts i can use like the block with cg13 crank and rods or are these cga specific? oil pump or sump pan as both mine are damaged on the donor engine?

Another idea i've been toying with is a mulholland spec intake manifold. I plan to alu weld the cg runners to the 4efte plenum and modify an sr20 throttle to fit the manifold either using an adaptor plate or a plate with the correct bolt pattern and bore welded to the plenum. Has anyone any other details on how the japanese run these? I most i've seen has been used with sr20 MAF's, would something such as nistune support this? is there any way to work in an idle control valve or remote mount one for easy daily use? If the sr20 throttle route is too much trouble I may look into overboreing the cg13 throttle to 50mm with larger butterfly

Any help is greatly appreciated and I'll continue to use this thread for any future questions to avoid cloggin the forum up with loads of threads :)

Dylan

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I changed the injector plugs on the red car Dylan, but on this white car just shaved one of the locating lugs off and fitted the CG plugs on backwards.
The CGA parts are interchangeable, bar the cam cover.
And I ran the SR t,b with suitable injectors and no idle control valve no probs

so when you say you swapped the plugs you mean just took the plugs off the coilpack loom and spliced them onto the cg loom?

Also when you swapped then sr throttle to the cg mani i presume you bypassed the throttle coolant but did it take any other work to fit?

Sent from... My phone

Here's a few bits I have gathered as well as a top mount T25 mani from skinner and once paid off the other turbo bits from him too :D

20120807_213340.jpg

20120807_213350.jpg

20120807_213456.jpg

20120807_213554.jpg

20120807_213653.jpg

20120726_005903.jpg

Sent from... My phone

so when you say you swapped the plugs you mean just took the plugs off the coilpack loom and spliced them onto the cg loom?

Also when you swapped then sr throttle to the cg mani i presume you bypassed the throttle coolant but did it take any other work to fit?

Sent from... My phone
There are a few pics on my "another n/a project" thread on cisco (page 1 ) piggybacked onto the loom, and the tb too :)

There are a few pics on my "another n/a project" thread on cisco (page 1 ) piggybacked onto the loom, and the tb too :)

cheers Frank, been a while since i've visited Cisco's must give it a proper look through :D

Sent from... My phone

Another small update to the build, should have skinner paid in full by tomorrow morning so will have plenty of new toys for next week to play with, also picked this up this tonight

20120817_222040.jpg

Also, where do people buy shims? I've a bare head here that has no shims and not spares lying about so if there was some kind of kit about someone could link it would be great :)

Sent from... My phone

Need to sort out some spares so, that or i may collect this cga sooner than planned.... road trip tomorrow :D

Am I right in saying for fitting the shims under the bucket, ill need to figure clearance on a lobe, get correct shim, grind off lip on the bucket and the shim should just fit inside the bucket without any work?

Sent from... My phone

The underbucket shim has to have a slight shamfer/bevel around its top edge, else it will touch the radius inside the bucket and not the pip in the middle, and yes grind the lip off :)

The underbucket shim has to have a slight shamfer/bevel around its top edge, else it will touch the radius inside the bucket and not the pip in the middle, and yes grind the lip off :)

Yet again, much thanks Frank, I don't know what people including myself would do without you on this forum :)

Sent from... My phone

I've a full set of CG shims in the garage somewhere if you want them

what sort of monies do you want for them Scott? Postage to Ireland be a problem? certainly save me a 4 hour journey tomorrow anyway lol

Sent from... My phone

If cost is covered Posting to Irelands not a problem. PM me an offer?

ya really need to give me a guide price Scott, don't want to offend you by making an offer, PM what price you have in mind :)

Does anyone know if a Greddy emanage would be okay to map a turbo build in a cg13de a NATS k11? And would I need an SAFC if I'm running a DE Maf even with emanage?

Sent from... My phone

Does anyone know if a Greddy emanage would be okay to map a turbo build in a cg13de a NATS k11? And would I need an SAFC if I'm running a DE Maf even with emanage?

Sent from... My phone

Anyone able to help?

Also any links to the correct size oil line and fittings I will need to go from a T25 turbo to the oil feed in the head?

Sent from... My phone

Also it's crossed my mind to use piper regrinds on the build to extract a few ponies from the engine for when off boost and also on boost but if mapped properly would a single genuine headgasket be up to the job? As the slight bump in compression would help reduce lag or would a forged bottom end and metal headgasket be a safer bet if I was to increase compression?

Could be talking out my rear end but I would like opinions on it as if a forged bottom end is what it'll take I don't mind delaying the project longer to fund it. Really just looking for ideas and opinions here now so anyone with 2c to throw in please do as i'm relatively new to turbo's

Sent from... My phone

I think the safc will only correct the fueling (which can result in erroneous timing changes) but the emanage can tune fueling and ignition timing. The thread in the head is 1/8 bspt, and the turbo end is usually a banjo fitting. And the cg crank and rods are forged anyway, but stock pistons are the weak link imo :)

Back