• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March g# turbo build.

Been busy with bodywork. I refuse to weld it myself as i dont wanna mess the manifold up. Know some guys who do top notch stainless work. Will get them to do it but im always working when they are open....

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Brothers old boss kit fits the k11 which is a bonus. Found his turbo timer, found his 2nd intercooler as well, old expantion tank. Also a nice fuel pump.

Big up to pro cut vinyls for an amazing service and for some free products!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394738936981.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394738936981.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 294
Car has been undersealed today she is looking good underneath aka out of sight out of mind ;). Stripping the car out ready for the bucket seats I ordered. Seats are Corbeau FIA approved (out of date) forza seats in vinyl. Only downside is that they are vinyl but atleast they are safe and they take 5 point harnesses.
1959528_10152413294069734_2141495827_n_zps47e82ba8.jpg

Last edited:
Collected the seats from Manchester area Saturday night. 440 mile round trip! They look good in the March but only issue the Micra UKDM seat rails had to be modded to fit. Only 3 bolts holding them in at the moment. Looks like march rails are one inch wider? Im sending the seats off to set nice big metal plates welded one indeed of the mounts so I can drill the wholes myself and have it safly mounted.

1795471_775048302507971_475195602_n_zps7d1d2650.jpg

Collected the seats from Manchester area Saturday night. 440 mile round trip! They look good in the March but only issue the Micra UKDM seat rails had to be modded to fit. Only 3 bolts holding them in at the moment. Looks like march rails are one inch wider? Im sending the seats off to set nice big metal plates welded one indeed of the mounts so I can drill the wholes myself and have it safly mounted.

1795471_775048302507971_475195602_n_zps7d1d2650.jpg
Sure they're not imprezza seat rails?

Sure they're not imprezza seat rails?
I dont know bought them off of Ryan Jones from the MSC facebook page. He said he used the rails from his one litre Mica and bolted/welded the seats to the rails. They are not going anywhere to be honest.

I dont really know what k11 rails look like. Do they have that big lever to adjust the seat?

I highly doubt the seats are different as that would necessitate an entirely different floor plan, got any pics of the march seat rail

I highly doubt the seats are different as that would necessitate an entirely different floor plan, got any pics of the march seat rail
Give me 10 mins mate will bring both seats indoors and show photos. They rails are basically the same mate just the march ones are one inch wider.

Give me 10 mins mate will bring both seats indoors and show photos. They rails are basically the same mate just the march ones are one inch wider.
Bizzare... is it just the front two mount points? That crossmember could be changed easily in the factory...

I dont know bought them off of Ryan Jones from the MSC facebook page. He said he used the rails from his one litre Mica and bolted/welded the seats to the rails. They are not going anywhere to be honest.

I dont really know what k11 rails look like. Do they have that big lever to adjust the seat?
ryan jones, defo trust worthy bloke.

They are Micra ones mate got the same seat belt points. got pics now upload in two secs but the march ones are really half an inch wider!

Here is the bucket seat with the UKDM Micra seat rails
SAM_0114_zpsb3865a49.jpg

SAM_0115_zps953c135d.jpg

Rear mount about 17 inches wide.
SAM_0130_zpsee2cadb4.jpg

Front mount about 15 1/2 inches wide.

SAM_0129_zps92471817.jpg

March JDM spec seat.
SAM_0121_zps28e87a0f.jpg

SAM_0122_zpsa134d7db.jpg

Rear mount about 17 1/2 inches wide.
SAM_0126_zps4fb7d953.jpg

Front mount about 16 inches wide..
SAM_0128_zpsda976cd8.jpg

Its so damn confusing!

I think its a seat rail :p

Little shaped box section piece will be the samr just drilled and tacked the nut in a different place
But it'd seem daft to remake seat rails etc because of the market

What will be, will be

Im not bothered as I can just get a bit of metal plate welder onto the seat rails and drill a hole in said plate. Will be safe enough.

Look at you all non opinion and green peace. Damn you with ur lack of opinion... I say.. Nke the ****er fit... Simple.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Might buy azzys old set up to make life easier :D. In all serious turbo is getting there manifold is with the fabricators getting modded to fit. Ordering more parts and what not. Still need to get my hands on a new engine though.

Back