turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second what skymera said. You have a rare attribute much of the msc do not have and that's back bone. As much as you wore down nearly everyone here with your inability to listen to advice and just general need to be spoon fed... You have proved us all wrong. You got stuck in.. And you did it. You did it where 99% of people give up. I take my hat off to you sir. I mean Jesus... I didn't even build my car.. You one above me my friend. Well done. Actually quite jealous.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Ohh thank u everyone only way when I didn't come on msc for months was a way what @pollyp said google things and read advice so that's wat I did and go really down to it, 3 memebers has seen my car in my drive way they was shocked they never knew it was sleeper turbo, and it's very neatly done, rare spec parts into it, my next Micra will be 2,0 turbo on my list after I get this one running

Sent from my iPhone using T

Ohh thank u everyone only way when I didn't come on msc for months was a way what @pollyp said google things and read advice so that's wat I did and go really down to it, 3 memebers has seen my car in my drive way they was shocked they never knew it was sleeper turbo, and it's very neatly done, rare spec parts into it, my next Micra will be 2,0 turbo on my list after I get this one running

Lol okay you've had a compliment out of me that's it now. Let's never discuss this again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

[ quote="SirChris, post: 673019, member: 14381"]When you done you going to come down to reading for a meet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk[/quote] am doing my own Micra meet soon as mines done got 10 ppl already asking me I have never been to a meet and maybe just go up

ama3yqe4.jpg
7u4edete.jpg
fitted slim line fan, the stock one was a lot thicker and touching my downpipe,

Yes that's wat I done it fits in and holds it with the old bracket from the old k11 fan holder, doesn't catch and works fine now, I look the sump off today so I can redo my turbo drainage pipe so it's under the turbo without any twist and bends, I took it off and I found the oil is mixed with water ? That's not normal ?

Condensation from unsealed gasket?

Or worst case scenario a head gasket failure but its not creamy coloured
Head gasket was done by 2 gasket and right settings it was all tested on compression test ? I haven't even reved more then 2k revs so am not sure wat it is

Condensation most likely mate unless you have a gasket issue somewhere which is causing oil to be mixed with water.

Could even be from the engine being sat so long or when you had the engine sitting ready to go in?

Condensation most likely mate unless you have a gasket issue somewhere which is causing oil to be mixed with water.

Could even be from the engine being sat so long or when you had the engine sitting ready to go in?
Yes the sump sealed good, and I will try again maybe it's sat to long and might need to check again with fresh oil and see wat happens

Ahh I see your giggle pin is loose mate ;).

get a new stanly blade on the two surfaces ie the sump and block to give it a good clean up to make sure it will have a good seal next time.

Looks messy from what I can see.

5edu7ama.jpg
u4e2arum.jpg
utaqa4av.jpg
6uva2uqu.jpg
u can compare the sumps now that's why I changed them over at the start coz the sump pipe was too bendy as for drainage that's the top sump, now look at the new fitting one on bottom it fits in nice no twist, and the sealant is good and thick

Ahh I see your giggle pin is loose mate ;).

get a new stanly blade on the two surfaces ie the sump and block to give it a good clean up to make sure it will have a good seal next time.

Looks messy from what I can see.
It looks good to me ? I cleaned all the bottom end with blade and on the sump

I think I found the problem, really happy now, the head gasket is fine, when u took the sump off it looked like water ? Well if smelled of petrol am guessing it was and not water due to bigger injectors it was over fueling and not warming the engine up so petrol went in the engine, that's coz I haven't got my base map on yet, and I was thinking it's water, Tommow I will top oil in so it will have a good seal, and I won't start it up till I get my base map so no over fueling

If theres fuel in the oil I'd do a full oil change as fuel will dilute the oil and ruin its lubricating properties
That's wat I been doing all day today got a oil sump cleaned and sealed with new dranage feed, and fresh oil in, oil filter, now gona wait for base map

Look good azzy. When clearing gaskets off with blades make sure its a flat one and a new one to prevent scratching the surface.

Also looks like you used plenty of sealant on that sump eh. Lets hope it hasnt been pushed out and protruding into the engine...

Look good azzy. When clearing gaskets off with blades make sure its a flat one and a new one to prevent scratching the surface.

Also looks like you used plenty of sealant on that sump eh. Lets hope it hasnt been pushed out and protruding into the engine...
yeh nice and clean now, I have wiped the inner exess off and it's gone off nice and hard should be better Tommow it will set.

great build mate,,,ive learnt alot from reading your thread and the questions youve asked

whats left to do? and would be good to see more pictures of the car and engine bay

what plans do you have for the rest of the car?

great build mate,,,ive learnt alot from reading your thread and the questions youve asked

whats left to do? and would be good to see more pictures of the car and engine bay

what plans do you have for the rest of the car?
Thanks for all the comments, I have done all the engine bay and changed few things on it and leant the hard way, now it's a easy task for anymore turbo Micra I do I guess, infact am busy replicating my turbo kit so it fits on any Micra with a base map will be bolt on kit, am only waiting for base map which ed said by Monday or Tuesday I will get it, I have video on my car running but it don't download on here

Reactions: Gaz
Thanks for all the comments, I have done all the engine bay and changed few things on it and leant the hard way, now it's a easy task for anymore turbo Micra I do I guess, infact am busy replicating my turbo kit so it fits on any Micra with a base map will be bolt on kit, am only waiting for base map which ed said by Monday or Tuesday I will get it, I have video on my car running but it don't download on here

iam surprised nobody else is doing what youve just said mate,,,,all these turbo micras about i would of thought someone would be offering a kit

il keep watching,,looking forward to seeing a kit laid out with some info/instructions to help people like me new to this kind of thing

pictures and videos,,,,plenty of them mukka,,peace out

iam surprised nobody else is doing what youve just said mate,,,,all these turbo micras about i would of thought someone would be offering a kit

il keep watching,,looking forward to seeing a kit laid out with some info/instructions to help people like me new to this kind of thing

Am sorry about the YouTube video I should have done today someone has broken my windows on my other car last night so been so busy tryin to get it replaced, I will update soon thanks

Reactions: Gaz

no-one would buy them gaz, i,ve sold a few kits in the past (and lost money basically) and there are about 20 turbo k11 blogs about, with pic,s n info n vid,s :)

Not enough demand and most people prefer to do it them self so they know its done properly ect ect :). Not saying everyone else has done it wrong mind you :)

no-one would buy them gaz, i,ve sold a few kits in the past (and lost money basically) and there are about 20 turbo k11 blogs about, with pic,s n info n vid,s :)
It's a true saying u spend lots of time and end of day adding things up it's not worth nothing but a lost,

Am sorry about the YouTube video I should have done today someone has broken my windows on my other car last night so been so busy tryin to get it replaced, I will update soon thanks

who did you piss off?

all these turbo micras? How many do you think there are?

Kits not worth doing, not enough people, and micra people are cheap, we pay little for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back