• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Toms 1.0

black nissan badges suck lol....the paint chips off after a week.

remove the 16v badges though, they just indicate its a 1.0....

or you could sand them lightley to remove the chrome paint stuff, and make them black ;).

thanks guys :)

yeah i think i'll get rid of those badges if i get an hour or so on sunday :)

though i might be getting a chunk of cash from my insurers in the next few weeks so if its enough and i can blag it, i might be tring to get hold of an almera GTi or a primera GtSe if my dad'll let me....

which i doubt lol so i probs wont be going anywhere....

Had a quick wash today :)

couldnt resit taking some pics...

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

:)

thanks mate,

i know but i dont really want to get rid of them though and have the funny black stuff on my bumpers until i can colour code them...

Cheers :)

i cant wait to get it fitted,

though as of sept/november i intend to be buying a P11 GT so this is just going to be my little practice modding car, although the work/money situation may change so i might not be buying one anyway and i'll be doing a engine swap instead.....

just have to see what happens....

ah....

i dunno though, the insurance is about the same either way and i just think as i'll be doing so much motorway driving the P11 would be just, well better lol

either way, i wont be going anywhere :)

btw those wheels are great,

just got to get some new rubber and a quick paint and they will be on :)

so thanks again and yeah, we'll defo have to see if we can organise a club meet one night somewhere in the southeast :)

yeah its "almost" a direct fit, need to change one or two engine mounts, but if i was going to do it, it'd have to be under SR20DET power with proper pulsar calipers and disc...

up grading power you have to do brakes accordingly mate....

well its been a funny old day...

as yo may not know, i had a small accident in november last year, i suffered pretty bad whiplash but next to no damage to my car....

however, they are coming to collect it today which means its been stripped of everything, just feel a bit gutted that i'm going to be losing my car for a few days :(

oh well, as long as it comes back in one piece. that and its got no petrol lol

but oh well,

probably wont be much action on here over the next few days...

cheers,

Tom

yeah its "almost" a direct fit, need to change one or two engine mounts, but if i was going to do it, it'd have to be under SR20DET power with proper pulsar calipers and disc...

up grading power you have to do brakes accordingly mate....

well its been a funny old day...

as yo may not know, i had a small accident in november last year, i suffered pretty bad whiplash but next to no damage to my car....

however, they are coming to collect it today which means its been stripped of everything, just feel a bit gutted that i'm going to be losing my car for a few days :(

oh well, as long as it comes back in one piece. that and its got no petrol lol

but oh well,

probably wont be much action on here over the next few days...

cheers,

Tom

has your insurance gonna take the car for a few days?

repairs,

hopefully they are going to sort out the damage to the bumper and just incase its trashed the rear panel...

bit gutted about it, but if they fix it then it'll be a result....

Got my car back today :)

they did an awesome job, the back end of the car looks brand new!

now i've finished school i've got plenty of time to work on they car now,

so in the next few weeks,

getting the right wheels nuts and new rbber for those tires and get them fitted asap :)

i plan to hopefull pay kristian enough to get the exhuast off him, fit the frankspeed manifold and try and make my own decat pipe...

i also bought a new pod for my rev counter, going to set it up away from the door pillar as was starting to get on my nerves,

also going to buy the wood to build my false floor...

god bless "study leave" :grinning:

Not alot to report unfortunately,

with my A2's coming up in these few weeks i've realised i cant really not do my revision so the car is on the back burner, the tax man stil hasnt got my money together yet so i havent been able to buy the exhaust outright yet so one more payment to go.

i got the wheel nuts and tires, Hankook 185 55 14, but might have to cancl if i dont get some extra funds soon. but i have decided to refurb the wheels before i fit them to the car, going to redo the black and silver, no need to rush anyway.

however, i will be buying the wood to have a go at doing my floor after doing a mock run with some cardboard.

i need to fix that crack in my front bumper so when i do that i will have a go at doing the manifold as well. I will also mke my relocated cold air intake permananent and possibly spraying the flared orange trumpet bit a more subtle colour, possibly colour coded red or black.

once i have done all this, it'll be time to reinsure it, if i have enough money from certain oppurtunities that have arise over the summer i may be either buying a Primera GT or upgrading this car to a 1.3/1.6.

however knowing my luck, this wont happen.

i really do have the worst kind of luck lol

but anyway,

when i get time i will post some pics and udates as i go,

thanks,

Tom

hey,

been a while since i posted in here,

sorry but is another question lol

i have had a look at some of the examples of cars with false floors and stuff in the back,

but i cant see how its been done properly, i mean,

has anybody got any sort of dimensions? is there a way i can raise it up so its not resting on the metal etc etc....

any help would be massively appreciated, i'm planning on having a crack at this on thursday if i can get the measurements to be able to be happy to buy the stuff for it :)

and on an happier note, i can pay the final payment on that exhuast come monday! whey

depending on how wide the screws are, you can use a rubber wine cork, cut it up into 5mm-10mm pieces and cut a little hole in the middle. just stick it under the screw placement and screw through it, that's if you have 1 : P
or just have a browse through DIY shops they might have spacers like that

i used 1inch x 1 inch wood as a frame under the rear part on my false floor and it brings it to the height of the front part mounted on the seat mounts.

Well i stripped the car out,

took all the stuff out of theback,

rear seats,

spare wheeel,

parcel shelf and speakers and my sub and amp,

if i am honest, i cant say that i really noticed any real difference, which was a bit of a bummer as i spent ages doing it all and have bought the wood to do it,

personally if its not going to make much difference i cant justify doing it,

i will do it again when i tint my windows, espcially with an increse in car breaks in around where i live lol

so yeah, i am a bit dissapointed i took it all out only to find it feel the same and put it all back in lol

though tomorrow i will have some time to put my rev counter back in as well as finish of relocated my cold air intake, and just general cleaning up of the car.

one thing i will defo get done tomorrow however is start looking at fitting my frank speed manifold at last lol its just finding the time to do it with work, but i have 6 hours to play tomorrow :)

so will have some up dates tomorrow :)

rear belts weigh abit mate...infact there heavier than the rear bench! i would have removed the rear 1/4 plastic trims aswell...and the carpet and front gear surround plastics it all adds up ;)

i did everything mate

had a big pile of #### on my drive way lol

oh and i sent that money off for you tonight 1st class so it should be with you tomorrow or the day after :)

Well i have no idea what the #### just happened :(

i wired up my rev counter, made sure it was all grounded correctly and everything was properly done,

started the car up,

the ground wire ctaches fire, burns along its whole length, the live wire has too,

then the whole car fills with nice thick black acrid smoke....

this is the damage the wire did, i dont know what the hell happened but is scared the #### out of me....

P5190016.jpg

P5190018.jpg

so i think i will be buying another one...

i know :(

i wired the live up to the wire that feeds power to the lights for the OEM radio, the grounds to a chassis bolt,

so i dunno what happend, i reckon it might have been the unit itself as the light never worked and its always been tmeperMENTAL so its my own fault :(

btw did you get my PM?

Yeah you shouldnt have wired it up to the wire for the lights, big mistake, the amount of fuses i blew when trying to wire my headunit up on my old k11 and had the wire for the lights connected to some random wire lol. i just left it as it is. You can always try the cigarette lighter for a 12v supply

dunno if this helps but theres at least 2 wires that give power in the radio as i found out when tampering to get my live line from it

i just rolled up the copper on the live and stuck it in the holes on the block from the radio til i found one that only gave power when the key was turned on, maybe you had a strait to battery live that shorted when you re-wired ?

should still try and take your rev counter back and say it was faulty tho :p

oh ok,

cheers mate, when i can afford another one i will use those wires instead and make sure i dont put anything else in the wrong place.

hi tom cars looking good shame about the rev counter:(

btw ive completed my counter install thx for the ideas about the trim, looks realy neet. just had to cut the pod to size. to stick it on the pillar trim i bought some black silicon to "glue" it to the spare pillar trim and to finish the edges off.

oh and sprayed it pot black along with the passenger one. the finished results are in my blog if your interested.
if u want the links for the pod and counter dont hesitate to ask.
overall the counter and all the bits inc the trim cost me about 33-35 quid.(Y)

hi tom heres the links and how i wired mine up
glad you like the install tbh im quite impressed by how it looks

the rev counter has 5 wires

1. light positive ( i connected this to the heater console lighting [red wire with blue stripe]).

2. light negative (i joined the tacho negative with the light negative and then conected to one of the negative points for my alarm which is connected to the negative on the battery).

3. dizzy wire conected to the dizy in the engine bay.

4. tacho positive (connected to the ciggy lighter).

5. tacho negative ( i connected the two negatives together on the same point).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rev-Counter-,5...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Single-Pillar-...3:1|294:30

theres the two links just e mail them and ask them to post them together and they will.

if u need any more help just ask.

btw with the non standard panel filters does the engine sound more aggressive or is it still quite subtle?

btw with the non standard panel filters does the engine sound more aggressive or is it still quite subtle?

i only really notice a difference over 3500/4000 rpm :)

but i have a ga16 airbox with the correct panel filter so i am not sure how a 1.0 micra one owuld sound, sorry, but i would think that it would be very similar :)

thank you for the links, i will get on to that pnce i get paid :)

Pointless imo, still a 1.0.

Looks nice, but the backbox is a eyesore...."IMO", do all aftermarket exhausts stick out that far?

corrected lol

yeah, but if its visually tidier.... why not? makes the de bump strip look tidier IMO

as for the silver tirm? if i wanted i could have set it further back, but i liked it where it is :p

however, not all back boxes stick out this far, when i get my HKS system off kristian soon it i will obviously be removing this anyway...

thank you for the comments though :)

no worries :)

was just to try and fix up the apperance quickly when i bought it...

oh hell yeah i will be getting a few up for you all :)

i cannot wait lol

humph :(

well after having a go at fitting my wheels this morning i discovered i had the wrong bleeding bolts, so i have PM's mph about some extended ones, so hopefully that will be done soon,

still waiting for the exhaust, hopefully kristian will get the time to send it soon, sucks that the guy is so busy though lol

so yeah, nothing exciting except i cocked up yet again :)

oh and the new lights are here, will be fitting them as soon as i have a day to pick the black stuff away from the old ones to get them out lol so i think next week i will have a day to do all the jobs and get the car finished for now,

aloso waiting on AMY to get back to me about something that could be pretty special..... so fingers crossed :)

proper fast....

my dad sold his impreza today :down:

DSC00389.jpg

but i got to have a drive in it,

jesus christ, i have never been so amazed in my life with how fast a car can be, the turbo kicked in at 2500rpm and it scared the #### out of me lol but wow, what a car, made me think everything i have wanted to do to my car is completely redundant lol i kow what i want in the future thats for sure.... i am going to miss that car massively lol

and on my run today i spotted this, didnt think much of it until i spotted the flid light and pretty cool side stripe...

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

and these turned up today as well :) cheers naps and squarepants (Y)

DSC00414.jpg

i am going to wait until i get enough cash to buy a nice leather gaiter before i fit it though, i am not going to fit things until i have the complete set me thinks, not a fan of half finished things lol

thanks for looking,

Tom

Look what the postie bought foe me today...

HKS Silent Hi-power exhaust,

janspeed Decat

Thicker piping...

Result,

Kristian is a legend,

it is a true peice of art, all bent perfectly, no welding marks and seriously sexy in the flesh and all lovely and stainless!

i cant wait to get this fitted, need to get it up on the old axel stands and get it done as soon as possible,

will bet getting the bolts and gasket paper and sealing stuff to get this done in the next few weeks.

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

should be good (Y)

thanks mate :)

yeah i like it aot,going to get a richbrook gaiter for it though, has to look finished, cant abide with quick jobs lol

thank you for an easy deal buddy (Y)

Back