• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Toms 1.0

Little update,

no more pictures yet i'm afraid,

i've ordered a rev counter and a carbon look door pillar pod thingy for it,

planning on getting my bumper fixed sometime in the next few weeks and then i'm going to cut and style some carbon effect sticky stuff to cover the bubble if i cant respray it to a high enough standard,

had a think about getting those cams in the next few weeks, just got to find out how much of a difference it'll make and if its really worth it.

not yet :(

too many coursework deadlines,

got two days left before my final submissions date for my A2 history and music tech course work, bad times lol

yeah if i can figure it out it should be awesome, going to get it fitted some time in the holidays, most likely good friday as i'm not working then :) cant wait!

finally had a spare ten mins

i finnally had a spare ten mins to fit my smoked indicators and get a pic of them and my new pipper cross filter,

i'm gutted it looks so good but i cant think of a way to make a clear top for my airbox...

i have to admit i havent really heard a difference, there is a tiny bit more response from the throttle but i dont really know what i'm supposed to be hearing

DSC00243.jpg

anyway i think the indicators look pretty good...

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

hopefully going to get one of franks magic manifolds and a dashpod from sqaurepants :grinning: so thanks guys

and once it turns up, that rev counter should be fitted in the next few weeks!

oh and i fitted bright white side lights after been tugged for my blue ones :(

Glad to see youve got the indicators on now! Looks smart! (Y)

You could probably get somebody to vacum form it from clear plastic but god knows who and it would be expensive im guessing!

i had a green cotten panel filter and it made a really nice noise...it wasnt as loud as a cone filter, or as noisy all the way through the rev range, the noise came on at 4000revs and IMO sounded awsome! sounded completey diffrent to a cone filter.

thanks for the comments guys :)

saw that picture of the dash pod square pants, looks good, will get the money together asap for it :)

i've noticed its a bit louder but not too noticable so i'm happy with it,

adam - yeah i thought about that, maybe time to pull some strings in the D&T dept at school lol

I think because you have an air box you can't really hear the Aid being constantly sucked into the engine, on mine I have a M'Power filter onto of my TB and I can hear is air being sucked into the engine.

It does look good though, on the clear top side, I have an idea.

THIS IDEA IS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD I HAVEN'T DONE IT BEFORE BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD, LOL

1. Either take measurements of the top box of the air box or take it with you to a Remote Control Car Shop.

2. Look for the Clear Perspex RC Car bodyshells.

3. Find one that is slightly smaller than the air box lid.

4a. If you like it, Buy it take it home, put it over your bottom part of the air box case.
usually they come with a flat plastic base that you would usually cut off DON'T.

b. Get a heat gun and carefully heat round the bodyshell so it molds around the base of the air box.

c. Once done either use velcro or screws to keep it on and use some black insulation tape to make sure no dirt gets into the box.

you can buy the sheets of polyurethane(<---spelling:(/) maybe find somewhere that will heat mould it from a stamp, which you could make out of wood maybe :/

little update...

tidied up my boot and tucked away some of the wires, when i get an hour or so i'm going to rewire it all so its invisible,

will get the pics up tomorrow or the day after :)

finally got my rev counter sorted, its a tiny white 2" savage one, its supposed to have a light but its not working at the moment so i will have to redo that when i've got time this week as well.

though i cant work out why not, the power wires go into my ciggie lighter, the ground wires into my stero grouding as does my other live one and then my other one goes to my distributer cap,

if anybdoy knows where i went wrong please tell me :(

i'll get pictures up tomorrow for you as well if i can :)

sorry its been a bit slow but work and revision have been at the forefront of my to do list this week,

thanks to everybodies who been looking in my absence :)

i've just pm'd frank about one of his magic manifolds so hopefuly that will get sorted in the next month or so, as well as a load of goodies from sqaurepants :)

then once i find out how much my insuarance is going to cost after telling them of my accident i'll be getting those springs......

chhers for your time, i'll get some more pics up as soon as i can,

Tom

thats a shame,

hopefully i can sell them off to somebody on here then,
thanks for your help mate,

doing the rounds of the scrap yards to try and find some then, or i might just buy a seperate one and a door frame pod for ne instead then....

where theres a will theres a way lol

How much you looking for matey? i could do with a rev counter, i know it should just be a straight swap.

for the rev counter
the light i had a yellow wire yours might be the same i dont know but i took it straight to the fuse box !! i think i joined it with the audio fuse!

well i've wried everything up properly, the only thing i could think it is, is that it had two red wires, i thought these would do the same job so i joined them together, i think in the week i'll seperate them and put one coming off the light wire or something...

it revs up to the top though which is well, that good or bad? it only does this when stationary lol i'm too scared to go over 5500rpm on the roads near me at the moment, its too bloody wet.

Alex: I'm sorry mate, i've sold them now, but if you keep looking and post in the wanted section somebody may be able to get back to you about a set,

regards

Tom

i know everybody appears to be intellectual on here, but we all know we like pictures better than anything!

i promised some pics of my new rev counter, not much er to show really except this:

my rev counter :blush:

DSC00273.jpg

it reads pretty perfectly i guess,

because i'm a complete idiot i cocked my wiring up so i need to fix that so i can get the light to work properly for me,

DSC00260.jpg

i know its not strictly micra related but this is the new install i did for my girlfriends Puno, once i get this car finished its time to go ape #### on the micra or the saving fund for the Almera GTi :grinning:

DSC00290.jpg

finally the new driving shoes ( ok not really but i love them ) turned up today! yippeeeee!

after the next pay slip, i'll be getting on of franks magic manis and some pretty buts of sqaure pants, as well as the carbon look stuff to cover that crack now ther back has been repaired :)

then its onwards and upwards ( well downwards really ) with some springs and hopefully some better wheels..... and if there is money left over, some window tints too.....

thank you for looking :)

Well as of this morning,

as far as i know,

i'm buying these off sammyboi and collecting them some time next week :)

what do you think?

P4160001.jpg

i think they should look ok?

planning on refurbing them if needs be and when it comes to me replacing the tires i currently have, just buying new ones to put on these,

thinking of going for 195 / 55 / 14

if possible,

think they should look quite good once i'm finished with them :)

Wouldnt worry about colour mate. Just worry about the 35mm bit! ;)

At the end of the day, it's not a show car, so no-one will see the springs - especially lowered!

thats true,

if i sand them down a bit so it sticks that should work....

squarepants - that strut brace, is it worth that or do you think i should just go with a new OMP one and save me messing about with my engine bay?

Took my car to the jet wash today,

not the best job but well over due and becase it was sunny i thought i'd take a few pics to show it off it the sunshine :)

should be the last time i take any pics with these wheels on it too :grinning:

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00309-1.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

(i was stationary :laugh: )

next time you see it,

hopefully will have black grills with mesh,

new black alloys

red dash pod bit

tidier rev counter instal

and one of Franks magic manifolds which i am going to spray red,

planning on asking ant to do me a crinkle red rocker cover once i source one :)

then after i sort out the miss's punto with some bits, time for the springs and an OMP strut brace :)

cheers for looking,

Tom

Coming along well Tom, was it easy to wire up the rev meter?

In the picture I've attached there is a green highlighted section, the black part can this be removed? If so what is the height as I have some fog lights that may fit, with covers.

Attachments

• Toms 1 litre.jpg
    Toms 1 litre.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 460
i am pretty sure it can,

i'll have a good look tomorrow and if they fit up you might have a sale :)

it was, but i have a bit more work to do,

the hardest part was getting the wires to where i wanted them, i still need to connect one of the power leads to my side light wire so i can have a light that cones on and off with my lights,

i would really suggest if your considering it, to do it :)

just check the kit you are buying is a simple 4 wire one, not the 6 wire monster i managed to #### up lol

its not particulary tidy at the moment so i am planning on getting hold of some other pillars so i can spray them red and and cut and place the pod into and then reinstall them and keep the originals as standard for when or if i have to sell it.... which wont happen lol

Coming along well Tom, was it easy to wire up the rev meter?

In the picture I've attached there is a green highlighted section, the black part can this be removed? If so what is the height as I have some fog lights that may fit, with covers.

yes, 4 10mm bolts ;) i ran a cold air feed from there to the filter, it looked smart, but i used 20cable ties fixing it so it didnt move lol.

the PAS bracket isnt a major proplem if the strut brace doesnt fit over it. just bend the PAS pump bracket with force. it will still touch but the strut brace will bolt down, and it doesnt rub or make a noise...but i would still go for an OMP. then you know it will fit straight on without hasstle :)

oh, regarding the springs. yearh sand them down and just paint them in gloss black will be fine...altough stones tend to chip them. but you could say the red underneath the black you have painted over it with is rust proof stuff if you get me ;)

btw got your PM was gonna reply back when i had warpped them up lol.

ok thanks squarepants,

i think i'll go with the OMP, canget it for 60 quid and it looks smarter too not having to mess about with the PAS,

ok thats the plan with the springs then :) yeah i'm sure i could get away with that hehehehe

ok mate lol

no worries i wont be able to send the money until thursday anyway so no rush,

oh if anybody could help me with a slight problem,

those dials i bought off Broony i never go tot fit them,

i sold them on, the guy who bought them and i have no reason to beleive isnt telling the truth sand i have agreed to send the money back,

but he is saying that the speedo reads too low and the temp. gauge is always off the chart, is there anything he can do to fix this?

oh trust me i'll get the pics up of them as soon as i get new rubber on them and have time to do them, i cant wait to get them!

oh well i would just rather black ones........ ;)

sorry just a few more pics...

i'm bored....

went out for a drive and took a few more pics of my nice shiny car...

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

i cant believe i hated the colour when i first bought it....

not that i could catch you in my micra :(

just booked some time on a dyno in two weeks time,

basically so i can do a before and after with franks magic manifold on it, i cant wait to see their faces when i pull up in a 1.0 micra......

not that i could catch you in my micra :(

just booked some time on a dyno in two weeks time,

basically so i can do a before and after with franks magic manifold on it, i cant wait to see their faces when i pull up in a 1.0 micra......

:eek: dont expect miracles on a stock 1.0 eh tom :)

haha well i was bought up in a catholic family but even i dont beleive in miricles frank :(

i've got that money ready for you so i'm sending it tomorrow morning for you :)

thanks for all your help frank...

adam: thats true, i am in southend lol

EDIT:

Quick question,

i've got to do my oil change and chuck some new spark plugs and fuel filter in my car,

has anybody got any experince or can suggest some decent, well priced

Oil

Spark Plugs

Fuel Filter

Thank you

:)

Its easy you could do that youreself :) i would personaly just go to a local parts centre and get them there, its cheaper than halfrauds lol :)

oh yeah

i'm doing the work myself,

well if i can stay away from hellfreuds all the better!

money isn't too tight so i was hoping that you guys might have some advice on any parts you think are best,

as in which brands and stuff like that...? i'm fairly uselss with this sort of thing nfortunately and i think the best way to learn is to ask questions.....

sorry :(

these turned up today :)

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

thanks squarepants,

the pod need a quick spray before i fit, but the grills will be getting meshed and fitted some time this week :)

still waiting on those wheels,

and i am pretty certain i've bought that HKS

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=30101

off Kristain, sent him the first payment so fingers crossed (Y)

updates as soon as i have anything exciting to add....

i didnt realise the pod was that bad until i wrapped it mate, so sorry about that.

dont mesh the grills :p they look so much better without mesh! the paint job on those grills is very good, its lasted 4years on a micra that got used hard! there off raceworxs red and blue micra.

no worries mate :)

i knew i'd have to respray it regardless :)

hmmmm well if they are a piece of club history i'll leave them as they are....

just fit my open backed support bits for them....

thank you :)

trust me i cant wait,

its the one thing i'm dying to have fitted now i've got it on the way,

i cant quite believe this car is turning into what it is, i have to say this whole modding thing is very addictive lol

thank you :)
i cant quite believe this car is turning into what it is, i have to say this whole modding thing is very addictive lol

Tell me about it haha! i only wanted to put wheels on mine origionaly, now look at it! Ooooops :p

Looking good though mate! keep it up!

Adam

Back