• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

'94 1.0 boston - "margaret"

Lovely way to finish the day 8)
u95ys.jpg

Lots has happened,
Parcel shelf arrived and installed, the other shock arrived. So thought I'd crack on with it.

Note to anybody doing the matiz setup. Cut the TOP spring NOT the bottom springs, as the lower perch is smaller and the springs comes in smaller to meet it, whereas the top perch is larger and accepts the pig tail much more safely.

Luckily I had a spare spring to do I again after f*cking the first attempt :(

So, I said I'd do a how to on everything I did, but my phone had ran out of battery every time I went down to spend an hour or two in it.
So no pics on what I did, but lowered the perch and lost one coil up front, had to drill out the Micra top mount and assembled to strut: mariz top perch/spring cup, matiz bush, Micra bush, Micra top mount, bolt.
Washers are needed to make up the gap from the wider matiz hub mount.

Left my mate Martin (named and shamed haha) to put the top bolt on the hub mount whilst I got cracking with the grinder, only to return to a cross threaded bolt and nut! Shoddy work from an electrician and mechanic haha. So had to go for a smaller bolt which is all I had laying around, gave more camber which helped with the tread tucking under the arch for legality.

Made an ouchy on her bumper :(

1zz2ez5.jpg

This is how she sits up front

2d7zype.jpg

15x2woy.jpg

The rear corsa shocks need the metal insert on the bush trimming back to the rubber on both sides, and a smaller bolt for the mount. I've lost 2 coils on the rear. Also threw in 2 washers each side on the top mount after the micra's large bush washer to help give a bit more bolt down.

This is how she is now

vg64o.jpg

5x7jbm.jpg

14czhup.jpg

2qxyhht.jpg

Rear rubs so need to get those bolt ons or mad flair, then she can go lower.

More brand new things:

-Lg CD player with remote and most importantly- 2xgood adjustable amp pre outs.
-Alpine 640w RMS 4 channel amp
-sticker bomb tax disk holder
-other sticker bomb sticker
-cherry jelly belly air freshener (Mrs bought me it- smells fookin lush.
-sack boy to hang on ze mirror -pics to follow :)

Things on the buy list, still want some facelift door cards, but now only want the trays from them, as like the metal inside.. Reminds me of the retro days :)
Deep dish drift steering wheel,
Nice gear knob/surround/gaitor,
Stickers for bombing various parts.
Black Material for flocking the sh*t out of everywhere grey. Grey is rank.
Carpet dye- Grey is rank.

16gle39.jpg

No major updates, just did a little shop of a light smoke on the windows and headlamp (quite like it) and a blackened repeater, which tbh I might do. In fact, it all seems to be a "go'er" :)

Bad week, bottomed out on the bandeds, made a hole appear :(

And a gash :(

29m1taa.jpg

Now on the stock steels til I collect my bolt ons then its gonna be big stretch with the 155/70!

1zqznus.jpg

Been a while since I've updated this, been super busy. Recently collected the arches and fitted them. Flared the sh1t out of the front arches for now, and will be getting a cutting out soon (once my mate is free to mig the rear arches).

This is how I manipulated (smashed the f*ck out of) the rear aches.

First: mole grip the arches, and bend the hell of it out to the width you need

119as1i.jpg

21jx5x3.jpg

Secondly: apply a hammer to bend that lip back in on that sh*t

dw3odj.jpg

It isnt pretty, but does not need to be, and is ONLY a stop gap til the welding gets done. If you do this for a permanent solution, you'll need to treat it.

Drive about, if it rubs still, smash it some more. After your second helping of arch bashing you'll really become quite ruthless with it and give it the abuse it needs.
Didn't get any pics of fitting arches:

Tape into place- mark holes- drill- screw/bolt/rivet/etc
2u41vmt.jpg

2i97575.jpg

14vu1ky.jpg

There have been many ideas for this, and I have enjoyed my time with the Margaret. She is very close to the sketch I drew before I bought the her.. I'm not fantastico at art..
e168hc.jpg

Pretty close I'd say, aaaanyway. I've bought a new car more practical to my needs, so she is up for sale!
Sad for me, as I've really grown to like it and am pretty gutted I couldn't complete what I wanted to complete, but I'm pleased with what I've done in just a few months :)

Its advertised around various places for 650. Now the fault has come up, I've advertiser for 450.

I'll sell it to anyone on here for £400.

I've paid more in parts, time and labour and scrapping/returning tax/selling wheels separate would get what I'm asking anyway.
As I say, I've got my new car now so need it gone in a week (moving in 2 weeks).
If anyone wants it, let me know before next Monday or its going to the scappy :)

6months tax and test BTW.

Its been fun guys, lots of great people on here and vast amounts of knowledge swimming around!
Hopefully, I'll be back another day to complete my plans :) peace!

Back