• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Steve's red 1.0

I have owned my K11 for just over a week, so I thought I would put a pic up of the car. I got this last week from an ebay auction. The body is fairly tidy and its showing 86k on the clock. The car is a basic 1.0 model, not sure if its an equation or something like that, it has winding windows and no powersteering. This confused me as I read on the net that all of the facelift micras were fitted with pas. The only real problem with the car is that the inside is horrible. The previous owner had a farm with a few dogs and the car smells like 10 wet dogs have been living in it. It was really bad, my other half got in and then got straight back out, she refused to go in it till I cleaned it up. I have cleaned the seats and carpet with carpet foam, blasted everything with febreeze, and placed a nuetrodol pot in the door pocket. This has helped a bit, but the car still has a fairly strong dog smell which is horrid.

Next important job is to get an ISO harness, I have one of the Sony made for ipod header units waiting to go in.

Long term I am not sure, I will clean the interior out every few days till the dog smell goes. I half fancy doing a PAS conversion, but I don't know whether I will get round to it. Its not that heavy to steer but both my wrists are not 100% after a bmx crash so I struggle a touch.

micra_zpsacwis34v.jpg

Last edited:
I have owned my K11 for just over a week, so I thought I would put a pic up of the car. I got this last week from an ebay auction. The body is fairly tidy and its showing 86k on the clock. The car is a basic 1.0 model, not sure if its an equation or something like that, it has winding windows and no powersteering. This confused me as I read on the net that all of the facelift micras were fitted with pas. The only real problem with the car is that the inside is horrible. The previous owner had a farm with a few dogs and the car smells like 10 wet dogs have been living in it. It was really bad, my other half got in and then got straight back out, she refused to go in it till I cleaned it up. I have cleaned the seats and carpet with carpet foam, blasted everything with febreeze, and placed a nuetrodol pot in the door pocket. This has helped a bit, but the car still has a fairly strong dog smell which is horrid.

Next important job is to get an ISO harness, I have one of the Sony made for ipod header units waiting to go in.

Long term I am not sure, I will clean the interior out every few days till the dog smell goes. I half fancy doing a PAS conversion, but I don't know whether I will get round to it. Its not that heavy steering but both my wrists are not 100% after a bmx crash so I struggle a touch.

micra_zpsacwis34v.jpg
That's strange it should be power steering can u show us under bonnet just to confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S
micra2.jpg
micra3.jpg
Just been out and taken a couple of pics. No idea if any of the pas parts are fitted underneath, but there's no sign of a resevoir. Does anyone know if what I read is correct, that all facelift models are meant to have pas?

Right looking at it there is no pas bottles, and no mounting point where it should go, can u look on ur steering wheel should say PAS ? And look on the steering rack should have pipes maybe blocked off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S
There's nothing written on the steering wheel apart from "SRS airbag"

I haven't had a chance to get under it yet to look at the rack.

OP
OP
S
Like you say, it looks like it must be one of the first facelifts but without PAS.

I have done a couple of jobs on the car. I have fitted my Sony stereo which was nice and easy. I have gone at the interioir with fabreeze, pledge, carpet foam and an odour eliminator. The interior is coming along slowly and smells like 2 wet dogs instead of 10. The parcel shelf and boot carpet were terrible, almost beyond cleaning. I found a breakers only 3 mile away which has a few micras in, the fella there sold me a mint parcel shelf and a boot carpet for £15, so I am very happy with that deal.

micra6.jpg
micra4.jpg