• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Toms 1.0

thanks (Y)

well fitted the rear springs today, unfortunately both local halfords failed to stock the compressors for the front springs,

but here are some pics,

P8050016.jpg

35mm gmax springs :)

P8050019.jpg

P8050014.jpg

P8050013.jpg

My mate Richard doing the hard bits, handy knowing a race team mechanic sometimes,

and voila!

P8050023.jpg

really need to get the front done now though!

Before
P8050010.jpg

After
P8050024.jpg

Thanks for looking (Y)

I've got some of those Kilen springs waiting to be fitted, I'll be the same as you doing the back ones first and then the fronts on another day.

How much did you pay for the springs? and how's the ride now with just the back ones on?

Thanks

Edit just seen yours were Gmax second hand springs, still made by Kilen though.

Another thought, which end did you put the tightly coiled bit?

i have so much bumf in the boot i couldnt really say mate,

i paid £60 posted so not too bad :)

i put the tightly coiled bit at the bottom,

just seem logical as it kept the writting the right way up lol

good luck with yours (Y)

its definately looking lower today i think...?

P8070012.jpg

the springs seemed to have settled properly now and the back is much firmer, just need to get the front ones done now!

very impressed with the difference really, cant wait to get some up rated shocks on it in a month or so fingers crossed,

some more pics,

P8070009.jpg

P8070010.jpg

decided to try and get a sticker for everything lol

P8070011.jpg

just need a HKS one now and thats in the post lol

i'm also thinking of a bad boy bonnet for the front, similar to hoodeds but more sqaure and with the open mouth like a prefacelift in balck,

think this would look any good?

any ideas and comments welcome :)

thanks for looking,

yeah its fully settled mate,

looks much better in the flesh :) the pics dont do it justice really and i still need to do the front ones,

i'm liking my wheels too much at the moment lol if i do them, it'll be in alpine white ;)

car is now lowered all round :)

looks much better, handling is better, still fairly soft over bumps but it doesnt roll around like it did,

will get some pics up as soon as i get my camera sorted :)

i await with anticipation tom :grinning: any hints ?

fingers crossed it'll be coming from the east ;)

hi jon,,

no it hasnt, it leaves a nice residue of soot but it hasnt dont anything to the bumper,

saw your one :)

very tidy,

what is it? i know it came from a civic but its very tidy (Y)

####### insurers,

got my renewal quote...

£770

tpft, one years no claims, 19 years old, good postcode...

######s :(

still, should still be getting my gifts from the east...

thanks mate,

defo need to get some better pics up, it looks much lower in reality, about 40-45 mm over 35 now the springs have settled,

just need the money for arches... and fingers crossed a surprise from the east if i ca nstay on top :(

Sold/swapped my spacers with modded for some visual yumminess and will be finding out whther or not i am going to be a happy man tomorrow or not :)

tehe get back to restoring yours :)

got to love yahoo auctions, wont be the first thing i get from there.

any more guesses lol

Ah!!!!

Needs a fair bit of work, but for the amount its cost me its more than worth it,

only £80 posted from the land of the rising sun! thats almost half what modded and anthony are after, although theirs are in much better nick lol

narc2004ka-img600x450-1252651785acn.jpg

Result!!!!

LOL yeah i will do mate! so have you recived it? or have you just one the auction? i really want to get some stuff of yahoo auctions, but im scared incase i mess up / get ripped off?? cant wait to see this on dude!

I should have it in about two to three weeks fingers crossed,

well i cheated a bit to get it,

do you read Banzi magazine? luckily i do lol and i read in an article last month about a guy called Jesse Streeter, who is a drifter in Japan. Even more useful is he is australian so speaks english as well as japanese,

he runs a business bidding on items for international buyers on Yahoo Auctions Japan, for a commision of course, i have to say the guy has been an absolute legend so far, especially putting up with my nervous bid requests lol

depending on how well he posts the item and stuff, which after been mentioned in Banzi by name, i can only imagaine will be A* quality i was going to post a thread about him on the general chat bit,

But dont get carried away lol the yen is a bit scray, i think at te moment its 150 yen to the £, but i'm not sure, but he was really helpful with his answers and given the time difference very fast with his replies, so if you want any JDM stuff it is worth looking him up,

well chuffed i did now too.

and thanks, i cant either!

Sorry to steal your attention...

i am looking to get two guages,

52 mm rev and (insert dial here) counter

would really appreciate some suggestions as to what that other could be

AND

recomendations for which ones to buy, would like to keep the whole install at under £90

for appearances sake i would love it if you know of any brands who do more than one type of counter,

and any pointers towards pods i could buy to fit them to the pillar ( similar to hooded's car )

any help would be massively appreciated,

Tom

decided on my in car guage instal,

will be a bit of a project :)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i have just paid for my NISMO rear spoiler and my NISMO front splitter should be with me soon and will be collecting my NISMO gear knob on thursday hopefully (Y)

will keep you updated!

When i get a camera i will mate (Y)

my NISMO replica splitter is here, thanks modded!

however, it is going to need a fair bit of cutting and work to fit it :( as i guess it is intended for pre facelift Super S's!

will need to take the bumper off the car and take my time i think with this one

its too long so i need to cut it, then bolt it on and then filll the gap ( about 5 - 8 mm in some spots :( ) sand it,

and then spray the whole bumper,

however, i am in no rush and as i'm aiming to be at shows next season i have plenty of time :)

by the time i have finished this car it WILL be one of the best in the MSC. I'm aiming to be one of few Facelifts with NISMO body parts ( not included hooded's spoiler lol )

Speaking of spoilers my NISMO real one Spoiler has left Japan! AH!!!!!

although that too will need loads of work too lol

updates soon,

thank you for looking,

Tom

Thanks mate,

wont be much to update in this blog for a while now,

have commited to getting some massive body work done in the spring just in time for the summer and the show season, aiming to be one of the few nismo'd/wide arched facelifts in the country ( that i know of lol )

will be going for some trophies :)

will be a few smaller updates, as i have got some interior projects to get on with so will be a few updates on that side,

as it is, uni is going to take up a fair amount of time :(

so updates will be few and far between, but keep looking and any ideas sugestions, please chuck them at me!

Tom

Selling all the sexy bits

Splitter ( NISMO replica )
Spoiler ( NISMO )
Cat Back, SS HKS ( SILENT HIGH POWER )

check for sale section!

"Due to an error you will not be recieving any student finance this term."

So no GT bloody I. and i am not getting another car if i cant get one of those.

Will be some exciting updates in the next few weeks now as i am keeping the micra now.

Ok - This is the definative list of what is to be done to this car before the show season next year:

1.3 on nismo engine mounts.
1.0 gear box
lightned flywheel
Uprated clutch

50mm springs
bilstein shocks
whiteline arb and lower struts
esparco upper strut
polyeuthene bushes

JDM Arches
Nismo Spoiler

what do you think? this is pipe dream stuff, this is going to be happening :)

Should be more fun than a 2.0gti....... not.

thanks guys,

just need to source the parts now....

want to have th car on the road with the main work done over the xams period as i am not at uni so i can take the car off the road to do it.

also looking at moddeds alloys... but not too sure yet.

anything i missed off the lst do you think? bearing in mind this is going to be a daily driver (Y)

please add stuff! because i will consider it if its sensible ( no turbo's! ................... yet ;) )

What about abit of weight loss tom? (the car not you lol). Rear seats etc? just an idea as i felt a big transformation in mine, but that is almost fully stripped now lol. Abit noisy at times but i wouldnt have it any other way:p

Hope the plans go well(Y)

Flat_out

wow thanks frank!

i love that red one with the shortened roof. sort of looks like a golf to paraphrase the advert :p

well i have found me an engine ( Flat_Out ), found somebody i can buy a flywheel (K6PF) off, same for the nismo mounts (MPH). so will be buying those at the end of the month or the beginning of next month....

also maybe getting some new front seats (Shero),

going to buy some nice wheels tomorrow (Modded) and just paid for some driving lights (Squarepants)...

pics soon :)

Got some new wheels today, all fitted anc clean, will get some pics up tomorrow :)

cheers modded, nice to meet you,

the SLex looks even better in the flesh :)

PIcs soon :)

Back