• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

'94 1.0 boston - "margaret"

Right, hello all.
Been coming on this site and reading the forum the last few months and its pretty awesome, so decided to join after i got my k11 "margaret".

Long story short. Due to certain circumstances.. Had to sell lola (93 200sx s13 230bhp) and find a cheaper car insurance wise.
2m5xf7o.jpg

I was left with a pretty sh*t choice. Polo 1.0, small old fiat of some sort, nova 1.0, mk2 fiesta and of course a 1.0 k11.
Very very nearly bought a 1.1 mk2 which had a 2.0 zetec conversion, but it had no tax or test, was 450 miles away and the owner refused to put it in for a test So i knew what problems i would be facing, and after travelling that far to get it, i would rather no nasty suprises eating into my mods piggy bank.

So, reluctantly declined to buy, but used my head instead of my heart and went straight on gumtree.

There she was.. Margaret.

2h4go7n.jpg

It was a clear choice, stay JDM.. Stay NISSAN.
Love Nissan.

She didn't look too pretty, but had tax and long test, so thought I'd have a little barter.
Managed to get 20 off for 330 as he said it needed anew battery and he was going to buy one for 50 that day..
I said fair play and that was that. The next day I would be collecting her.
Few hours passed and he emailed and said if I brought some jump leads to start it I could sort the battery out myself and take it for 270. Even better, can get one from a scrappy for 20 odd.
The next day I arrive and say I've got the leads, he says "well, I borrowed a charger, stuck it on for a few hours and its sorted itself out, but a deal is a deal so 270 it is"

Chuffed.

Drive home was a bit noisy so will take a look at that soon.

So after much deliberation, I have decided to go the matiz/corsa b route, as my s13 had super stiff Tein coilovers (like so stiff that when you pushed the car side to side, the car would stay still and you would move! Haha) and don't think that was too "daily"
So OEM ride I where I want to be.

I've ordered some rear corsa b from eBay, donated from a 1.4 cdx auto, nice.
And I've ordered a mk1 matiz front setup.
Still toying with if I want to drop the perch?

Also on order.
Some banded steels of awesomeville.

a2b437.jpg

13x7 front
13x8 rear
Unknown offset, will check once they are here.
And same deal on the tyres, All good tread.

So next week I should have received all the lowering goodies and the wheels :D

Looking for some k11 hubs and gonna get some JDM rivet on arches for front and rear.
Margaret is gonna be inspired by the drift scene, as I love that sh*t. Makes me jazz haha.
I'm also gonna do a step by step on everything I do to mod, as while scouring through the tech section, there's was loads of clear answers for your front end lowering, but the rear was rather more vague, so I think my trials and personal outcomes may help other out there :)

Stay classy, Nissan fam

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-07-07-01-48.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-07-07-01-48.png
    762.4 KB · Views: 355
Welcome :D

My ickle Mildred is a 94 ;)
Any plans yet other than the ones you've said?

You can get Nissan caps I do believe they're a rad rare now though :-(
1379428582806.jpg

Only pic I have of them :)

X

Welcome :D

My ickle Mildred is a 94 ;)
Any plans yet other than the ones you've said?

You can get Nissan caps I do believe they're a rad rare now though :-(
View attachment 25458
Only pic I have of them :)

X

Yes, I have looked everywhere for those hub caps!
There was a guy on eBay selling a job lot of parts,
It didn't sell and I offered to buy just the caps and he didn't want to let them go seperate :(
But I weren't about to buy a load of useless stuff just for them.

I do have more plans indeed, very nearly bought a primera gt for a donor sr20..
Would have been a big chunk of my mod fund so looking at a cg13de and some boost! :D
My s13 had a t25 and stage 1 saw 230bhp.. So a t25 is plenty for my needs and will spool up quickly too!

ok cool, im gonna get some on the front then, add some spacers if needed. future plans are to put the rear 8j on the front and go for 9j rears :D

So these turned up today, also got a blinder of a deal on a cool little item.

333vhcn.jpg

Tomorrow should be matiz day! Then I'll get ma file on and grind some stuff.

This turned up today,
Very excited as the wheels have also been collected by the courier.. So they should be her tomorrow 8)

15rd186.jpg

Very pissed off :/

2wf0glv.jpg

Yes, TWO of the same side.
Now, I thought the clips being the wrong way around would be no bother, so I could crack on and slam Margaret ready for her new shoes tomorrow.. But no.
A mate said the geometry is different on each side. Now this seems logical, so I have held back..

Can anybody shed some light onto the matter?

Hello!
w8xc94.jpg

Very excited.
So got straight to fitting, even though I still have monster truck spec ride height, and its bloody raining!

Before:

23jmhbm.jpg

2dhtour.jpg

After:

wswvis.jpg

2hf41zr.jpg

Some obligatory poke shots:

11qgz0o.jpg

2z65t8z.jpg

Sent 3 emails concerning the bloody matiz shocks, no reply. Surprised? Not really, f*cking pr*ck done me :(

So will have to source some new ones, then its operation stance :)

i did,nt weld mine back on till i was happy with the height james (a few weeks after) they sit on the hubmount np till then.
i ended up raising 1 side about 10mm and the other 20mm iirc
Really? Is it safe to use unwelded?
And why did you have to have different drop on each side mate?

Really? Is it safe to use unwelded?
And why did you have to have different drop on each side mate?
it rests ontop of the hubmount bracket eh, and dont weld directly to the shock barrel eh !
either weld the perch to the mount, or else curl a strip of metal around the shock and weld top and bottom :)
and the red car had a 10mm tilt on 1 side (i hav,nt measured the white car)

it rests ontop of the hubmount bracket eh, and dont weld directly to the shock barrel eh !
either weld the perch to the mount, or else curl a strip of metal around the shock and weld top and bottom :)
and the red car had a 10mm tilt on 1 side (i hav,nt measured the white car)
Ohh ok, thanks Frank :)

So is this tilt you mention common on all Micra's and should I look out for it when dropping Margaret ?

if you have a front a/r/b ? their brackets will be about 2" off the ground with the perches dropped :eek: and you might need to grind some rubber off the bumpstops too (integral with the boot/cover) else they bottom out on big potholes

if you have a front a/r/b ? their brackets will be about 2" off the ground with the perches dropped :eek: and you might need to grind some rubber off the bumpstops too (integral with the boot/cover) else they bottom out on big potholes
Oh god. So theres my hopes of 100mm shattered :'(
Haha

Dropped perch and stock springs is around 75mm right?

75mm drop on 185/50/14's leaves my car about 1,5-2" between bottom of car and floor... lower than that is doable but not comfortably on a daily imo...

75mm drop on 185/50/14's leaves my car about 1,5-2" between bottom of car and floor... lower than that is doable but not comfortably on a daily imo...
So with 175/50/13's that's gonna be even closer right?
Maybe 100mm was ambitious. Maybe 80 then haha :)

Jeeezzzus.. That's getting pretty close to grind city. Gonna have to do some "pseudo slam" haha.
Get a splitter and some primera side skirts to cover up that road tar sh*t on the bottom.
Yeah, you'd be collecting flattenes coke cans and dead animals eh?

Yeah, you'd be collecting flattenes coke cans and dead animals eh?
Haha yeah for sure,
My s13 couldn't even go up onto the path!.
So I'm used to driving onto some wood or something just to get a jack under haha. Don't want to get so low as to smash the underside on every bump in the road tho

Just had a VERY basic shop on my note 2..
Seems like an easier option than hacking absolutely all of it out, and most of the original paint can remain and match the rest of the body :)

5x5p8n.jpg

Second one looks better, whole open mouth :)

I like my stocker grille
You know, I think im starting to become partial to the stocker haha :)

I think they both look good, if you're having a hard time deciding between the two wait for lows then look again, might be an easier choice then :)

Yeah mate, think that's what I'll do.. Also toying with another idea, but don't want to show my hand on that one yet, as if it works..
C'est Magnifique 8)

This has been a nice turn of events!
f3rrjp.jpg

Scribbled out his name and email before any of the fellow Micra massive started telling him what a nob he's been, keeping an innocent Micra from lows haha

So, next few day? Slam City!

Waited all day for the package that had been collected yesterday. And nothing, read an email he sent and there was something about tnt.. So phoned them and there was no consignment.. Great.

So, in the boredom of waiting and with the kids entertaining them selves in the garden.. I decided to make this.
Nice.

sor9es.jpg

Back