• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Toms 1.0

yeah i forgot to mention that :)

thats handy, dont really want to attract too much attention in it lol

--------------------------------Stupid Double Merge---------------------------------------------

i think this is as good a place to put my to do list :)

quite a few things,

1 - Extended bolts

2 - Fit alloys
DSC00363.jpg

3 - Finish Ducting ( Cold Air Induction )
DSC00352.jpg

4 - Fit Quick Shifter and buy gaiter
DSC00413.jpg
- Anybody know how to fit this?

5 - Fit New exhaust system, Frankspeed manifold / Mid pipe / Janspeed Decat / HKS Silent High Power Back Box
DSC00420.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

Will delete them as i go :)

thanks for looking

I dont know how you have the patience:p Id be locked in the garage tonight armed with the spanners until all that was fitted lol. Good luck with the plans(Y)

I dont know how you have the patience:p Id be locked in the garage tonight armed with the spanners until all that was fitted lol. Good luck with the plans(Y)

me too!!id have taken the day off work sick just to fit it all aswell if it overrun, the minute anything new comes its on there and then, some people say '' ah wait till the weekend!!''

:laugh:

trust me, if i could i would lol but i dont get sick pay and cant afford to miss work

i need to get some bolts and other bits before i do, looking to try and get everything done by tues and then by friday hopefully :)

hate to say this...but that old standard exhaust system on your car is gonna be a ballache to remove :S espcially the centre cat and manifold!

i hate standard exhaust's that have been on since new grr nightmare lol.

yeah i am not looking forward to doing that come sunday morning :(

little update,

i have finished using wire wool to smooth off the ends of the pipes/decat/back box so it is all a smooth nice flush fit, got all the bolts and misc stuff so i will be fitting this on sunday and when done i will post some pics and a vid up of it :)

thanks for looking

well after a real battle with the bolts, we ( my dad ) fitted the cat back and the back box,

i rounded a ####ing bolt on the cat so i coulnt get it off, so i still have the janspeed decat to go on at a later date, but no worries. it sits a little further back than i hoped but looks awesome (Y) sleeper look FTW i guess :wasntme:

with the new wider cat back pipe, the revs have dropped noticably but it isnt a problem at the moment, just have to see how it goes, although the car still desperately need to get it serviced and the oil changed so i will be doing that this week before i worry about fiddling anymore with the other bits i have lined up.

i guess this is worthless without pics, so here are some pics :)

this was such a pain in the arse, the standard jacking points are useless, ended up using random solid bits to jack it up to fit the axle stands underneath it.

P6120130.jpg

P6120135.jpg

the tiny orignial peashooter....

P6120131.jpg

....and the imovable cat ( under the heat sheild still here :blush: )

the bigger new one
P6120132.jpg

the new box

P6120138.jpg

P6120141.jpg

before
P6120139.jpg

after
P6120140.jpg

oh yeah (Y)

i will take to it to a garage at some point to get the bolts cut off and i will fit the decat eventually.

thanks for looking,

Tom

oh and i sounds awesome, i will get some vids up tomorrow for you :laugh:

New brake lights are in

well i had a spare twenty mins so i thought i'd have a quick fiddle and this is the result,

the hardest part was probably getting the black filler off to pull the lights out, was a little bit stickier thani thought it would be.

The lights seem a little bit smaller than the older facelift lights and they are in need of a respray round the edge, i am not a fan of that bizzare fadded pink colour, but otherwise i am quite pleased with the result.

Before...
P6130001.jpg

Comparison...( think i might tint them red...)
P6130002.jpg

Mmmmmmm gunky...
P6130003.jpg

After....
P6130007.jpg

Oh and i promised some videos of that exhuast,

(ignore my brother talking...)

Thanks for looking, oh i also have some bits for sale, look in the for sale section (Y)

Bought some open ended wheel nuts today,

quite expensive but they should do the job, will be fitting them once i get some new 185 50/55 14 rubber on them, car rides like a boat with them on.

also got some ducting to refit my Cold Air Induction back in my front bumper tomorrow when i get a chance.

So its all coming along.

(Y)

(Y) thanks Frank

sorry to ask Frank, but do you know how i am supposed to fit that short shifter? i cant sus it :(

thanks Frank

hmmmm maybe,

i was thinking i might have to remove that whole metal sectionm underneath and replace it all to fit the new bits,

the new stick has a similar ball so i guess i would only break the existing fittings to force the old ones out dont you think?

yes tom, i would say, take out the throughbolt at the bottom of the stick, then remove the stick and ballsocket complete, and the ballsocket probably dismantles from the bottom eh :)

yeah i reckon so,

just be a bit more work than i planned,

i wonder if i could hide it beneath the original gearstick gaiter, of do you think it'd be too short?

you should know :p

thanks for selling me it, really didnt expect it to be this loud lol i love it! ( though the girlfriend doesnt lol so i'm looking for a way to quieten it for our drive to norfolk in two weeks lol )

any news on those arches, i saw Robb said they are now sold ;)

the plans for this week :)

i'm going to finish debump stripping it and planning on colour coding the door handles and bumper strips.

has anybody got any advice on the do's and donts of spray painting?

i have the primer and paint, i know it all matches up as i've done my lght brows and i got a perfect colour match so i am hoping i can get the same results this time,

however, this stuff is a different material so anybody know what i should use to sand the strips and door handles down a bit?

keep watching for updates!

thanks guys,

Tom

however, this stuff is a different material so anybody know what i should use to sand the strips and door handles down a bit?

Id use wet and dry sand paper, nothing too course, maybe 600/800 grit first, then use 1200 to finish. But im no expert.

Oh and when spraying, never spray close! I made that mistake, had to strip down a layer of paint to get it sorted! Ive always been told light coats of paint are best, with light sanding between.

the plans for this week :)

i'm going to finish debump stripping it and planning on colour coding the door handles and bumper strips.

has anybody got any advice on the do's and donts of spray painting?

i have the primer and paint, i know it all matches up as i've done my lght brows and i got a perfect colour match so i am hoping i can get the same results this time,

keep watching for updates!

thanks guys,

Tom
Tom you can flat the handles prior to painting with 800 wet & dry if you want to lose the grain although you'll find that the paint will lose it anyway,so a rub off with a washing up scourer would do.
Get some plastic primer or all the paint will fall off in the heat.
Borrow a hair dryer/paint stripper & warm the parts before & during painting.Helps to put the aerosols in hot water,thins the paint & gets it running freely through the nozzle.
Thin coats,warm as you go.You can flat after primer with 1500 paper in soapy water.Build up enough top coat & you'll have enough to flat & polish after if you need.
If you don't get a gun finish you're happy with you'll need to polish up with compound after wet flatting...

Like your exhaust,silent Lol

Tom you can flat the handles prior to painting with 800 wet & dry if you want to lose the grain although you'll find that the paint will lose it anyway,so a rub off with a washing up scourer would do.
Get some plastic primer or all the paint will fall off in the heat.
Borrow a hair dryer/paint stripper & warm the parts before & during painting.Helps to put the aerosols in hot water,thins the paint & gets it running freely through the nozzle.
Thin coats,warm as you go.You can flat after primer with 1500 paper in soapy water.Build up enough top coat & you'll have enough to flat & polish after if you need.
If you don't get a gun finish you're happy with you'll need to polish up with compound after wet flatting...

Like your exhaust,silent Lol

thanks guys

hmmmm well the faster i go the quieter it gets :laugh:

so you reckon i should use sand the handles/bumpstrips, spary with plastic primer, then the red primer, then a few light coats sprayed from a distance with light sanding between coats?

thanks,

Tom

you dont have to sand in between coats... i dont like doing it because if i sand it to much ive screwd it and have to paint it all agian. paint will stick fine. its not essential to sand in bettween. ;)

No need for red primer,you can top coat directly onto the plastic primer.
As squarepants said no need to flat between every coat,if your trying to lose grain it helps to flat primer with wet 1200 paper before top coat.
With any repair/modification damage made with abrasive paper is hard to hide when using thin aerosol finishes...
Good luck,look forward to the results...

Thank you :)

well its been an expensive day :p

just paid for:

35mm spacers and extended studs
Sunny Sr calipers and black diamond discs and pads
March window thing lol

(this one)

p120wideblendmarch.jpg

and an impulse buy of some Gmax 35mm springs off Micra Mamp...

result!

i never got round to spraying my car, it was way to windy and now i'm in bed with flu lol

oh well...

got lots to do lol

ok...

little update,

i now have some 35mm drop springs courtesy of micra mamp,

i am hopefully getting some koni shocks off jowley, if so,

i will be booking the car into the garage end of next week or so to have the work done,

although with my insurance renewal coming up, it may not be for a while,

on an asthetic note, i have the new window banner thing on, looks ok,

not too sure yet,

i wi ll post some pics when i find my camera...

( my dad is still holding out on those tyres for those MX% wheels so the brakes wont be going on for a while yet, thoug i will post a pic of them in all their drilled and grooved lovliness, i'll be painting the calipers red this weekend too :) )

Tom

thanks mate,

i'm keeping the car :)

just having to sell a few bits off,

hoping to be able to afford the shocls off jowley and then leave it for a long while :(

but got the manifold, the brakes, gear knob, rear lights, headlight protectors to go....

so check it out!

Thanks guys,

not much i'm afraid :(

i am planning on fitting my spacers tomorrow morning,

then after my bday i am hoping to get some new shocks, if i get these, i will have the 35mm springs fitted to it,

other than that, nothing for a while :(

M.O.T Failure?

i test fitted those spacers today,

but it sort of struck me half way through, would this cause me an MOT failure?

they are pretty out from the arches...

what do you guys think?

P8030010.jpg

thanks

yearh there illegal...if the tyres sit outside the arch they are illegal. this is why streched tyres on wide wheels pass the mot...

apprently in the MOT it doesnt say wheels that sit out the archs will fail...but tyres will. (apprently) so the wheels could be out the archs and the tyres in the archs there for it would pass.

dont hold your breath mate!

sorry lol

i have had to sell enough stuff already :(

this is the look i would love to achieve with this car eventually....

kanagawa05-137.jpg

but due to our stupid MOT rules i cant do it in one afternoon cheaply lol

so anyone selling some Borbet alloys...

yeah will do it for you tomorrow mate,

met up with my mate tonight (sans spacers :( ) have to admit, for a ford, he has a bloody nice one :(

some picy...

P8040014.jpg

P8040024.jpg

P8040032.jpg

P8040038.jpg

P8040014.jpg

oh and before anybody says it, its getting those springs on thursday!

Back