• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

MrMigs 1993 K11 1.0 Minter

Well i'm back, after going from a Facelift Micra to a Fiat Marea and then the Marea gearbox detonating on me, during my time of working on Marea repairs i had a nice man approach me after a friend informing him that i had a craze for the beasts we know as Micras! :p

Ironically the plan was to have two cars, a daily (The marea) and a project (The micra) so i went to view the Micra and could not believe what i had sat infront of me.

A 19 Year old 1.0 Red LX in which the bodywork (not neccisarily the paint, but the structure) rivalled that of two year old cars, immediately falling in love with the car, i put a deposit down but little did i know through the week, my Mareas Dif decided to fail and then the Gearbox somehow managed to rip itself into two pieces.

So a Scrap yard trip later after claiming the Fiats prize money (Dam good car though) i returned to where i had viewed this micra and took it off his hands :),

From what i was told, shes been garaged 19 years with light usage, and he was definately right.

(Excuse the mobile phone, they seem to make my car look two tone colour :p)

hLI3u.jpg

120415_182217.jpg

120415_182204.jpg

120415_182154.jpg

120415_182144.jpg

She comes with 0 Laquer peel and 0 major dents, some little small circle dinks and a few scratches but im hoping to get her resprayed and filled in at one point so it'l do me :).

Some shots of the interior,

120415_181257.jpg

120415_181244.jpg

Good condition interior, no rips on the chairs, all clean, good floor, flawless bodypan (Shes stripped atm) but my mate managed to fag burn the back of a chair -.-, ima need another!

Got it at like 71k miles, and its already up to nearly 77k miles, and that was about a month and a half ago iirc :p

Unfortunately she was stood for like 5 months on a drive, and the CV boots have perished, one has split and the drive shafts knocking heavily now, but i've managed to aquire another one today for a nicely priced 18 quid! (Other boot needs doing though, showing the signs)!

Shortly after i got a bargain deal on some honda del sol alloys, i couldn't pass up a set of 4 with brand new tyres for 20 quid, but i did the stupid thing and didnt actually check the centre measurements, they dont fit *Yet* and the tyres are too bulky for my liking, but when they're sorted and i get them restored/refurbed, they'l suit the car very nicely i recon, (I could even try spacers to clean the micra hub lips),

120415_184303.jpg

So they're sat in the shed, i suppose the main purpose for this car is to become my dream sleeper that i've always wanted, after some consulting with the frank speed department, i was pleased to know that a recent turbo i had picked up, he had been trailing with the same make, and that adapting it to the stock mani wouldn't be very hard at all :D

120425_212744.jpg

Only problem is the dam Tubby bolts are siezed into the mani (Or vice versa) so still havent been able to remove it yet :/.

Plans?

- Decent set of Adjustable Coilies and some lowering, but not extreme amounts (Or hybrid corsa/matiz setup) Proper want to get the handling sorted!
- Aesthetics - Colour code the bumpers, mirrors and maybe remove black strips, sort out my ugly looking sills too! and get a Super S spoiler hopefully, i really want one :<. and then hopefully to a full respray after all the fun stuffs done
- Performance, 1.3 Lump ASAP!! :D GT15 Turbo intercooled (And possibly looking into vapour jetting the inlet) Currently fully stripped out to the bone (Some plastic trim in, no carpets) Induction, Exhaust (Mani,Decat,All that lovely gubbins), Injectors, Modified TB (Possibly) Decent ECU and Remap, when i get this thing built, i want it to run spot on :p (I could go on here, there are too many micra mods now lolol)

Whats next?

Well i've got some debt to pay off for the next two weeks, but i'm always playing about, think i want to make the car look a bit better first and source a nice decent milage 1.3 engine, which i can get about 75 quid from scrappies at the minute.

Watch this space guys, Migseys back :p

Cheers :)

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Sounds like a plan.

It's a shame they had to paint half way up the car with stone chip when the sills were patched.

OP
OP
MrMigs08
It actually feels like grit paper Mark o_O, some of it has started to crumble and theres black paint behind it too, maybe its easily removable?