• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My "moddedmicra" K11 SLX Blog!

nothing really, just got to wait for the headlights to arrive then i'll check it over and stick it in for test.

are they just normal headlights? because i have brand new depo lights in the shed if you want to take them for now and replace them later? as well as a nice new crossmember lol

Car is coming along nicely, Was it easy taking that cross member out?

Liking those steelies as well that white line really sets them off. Good Work.

are they just normal headlights? because i have brand new depo lights in the shed if you want to take them for now and replace them later? as well as a nice new crossmember lol
yea they are standard headlights that are fitted now :D

Car is coming along nicely, Was it easy taking that cross member out?

Liking those steelies as well that white line really sets them off. Good Work.
It wasn't too bad tbh, a lot of drilling spots out then hitting.
yeah scrap man said they have to be welded back on?
well i've looked very closeley and it appears that all the structure is in the 8 heavy duty bolts holding the tow eyes on to the body and crossmember.
We'll see if it passes test ;)

Yesterday I refitted the bumpers etc:
Photo064.jpg

Photo065.jpg

Photo066.jpg

Photo067.jpg

Photo068.jpg

And today I fitted my brand spanking headlights and stuck the grille on for a couple of photos. Also refitted the boot handle after colour matching a bit bettter:
Photo070.jpg

Photo071.jpg

Photo072.jpg

Photo073.jpg

Photo074.jpg

yea they are standard headlights that are fitted now :D

It wasn't too bad tbh, a lot of drilling spots out then hitting.

well i've looked very closeley and it appears that all the structure is in the 8 heavy duty bolts holding the tow eyes on to the body and crossmember.
We'll see if it passes test ;)

I expect the MOT man will be looking for rust holes underneath & not how it's fixed,try & get the new crossmember a bit dirty before he sees it!

awesome mate, interesting idea with the front bumper,

do you want to borrow the open mouth grill i have in the shed? its primed and ready to go

cheers for the offer mate, but my grilles done now, just needs top coat but i ran out today.

I also have a super s spoiler i have modded with a 3rd brake light and painted.
I also fitted a new battery and adjusted the handbrake so it's almost ready, just got to get the sills welded and then its test time :D

Looking at getting one of these traditional mountneys for this car, if i can track down a classic boss kit :D
!B(k2p!!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLl),B+BKdC-60Jm!~~_12.JPG

Sills welded up
Photo082.jpg

You can barely see where he welded it and he undersealed the whole of both sills really neatly, i'm well chuffed :D

how much was the sill welding?

i wonder if you could make an adaptor plate for that wheel so it will fit a standard boss?

Looking at getting one of these traditional mountneys for this car, if i can track down a classic boss kit :D
!B(k2p!!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLl),B+BKdC-60Jm!~~_12.JPG

I think my bro has one of these lying around...drop me a PM, might be able to do you a good price on it ;)

Car is looking gooooood! Nice little daily driver there :grinning:

Does he have a wheel or a boss? lol

And NeX - trust me, when you see the work on the sills they are ####ing amazing!

Oh ... and it failed its test today :(

It failed on:
-O/S Seatbelt mount corroded (Small patch to weld)
-Headlight alignment out (they did it while it was there)
-Washer jets blocked (sorted now)
-Exhaust mount broken (being done at same time as other welding)
and the wierdest one (can't remember exactly as the fail sheet is in the car)
-Modification to front underside of car which effects bracking and or steering???!!! (which was that they wanted a couple of welds on the crossmember lol)

doesnt sound too bad but i know its still a pain in the ass,

at least it will pass and there is nothing drasticly wrong like dodgy emitions or something

yer its not bad, welding is being done tomorrow and being retested on Monday so should be taxed and all legit the same day!

yep! Paul drove it up to MOT and he said it drives lovely, so it must be good cause you know how many micras he owns!

Yep it is :D Been driving it for a few days now and no real problems, trackings a bit out so i'm going to have it done tomorrow. Oh and the exhaust tip started rattling so i pulled it off lol

Nah i'm not lowering it now. I do far to many miles and it is very comfy as it is, and i could do with the money.

Addition...
Pig.jpg

Its a green pig...lol
Sorry about the pic, will get a better one when my camera batteries don't run out!

Nah i'm not lowering it now. I do far to many miles and it is very comfy as it is, and i could do with the money.

Fair enough dude, she still looks smart as is! (Y)
I would buy them off you if I didn't bang and crash around on 35mm springs already :p

Fitted new number plates:
Before:
Photo094.jpg

After:
Photo095.jpg

Didn't take any pics of the front lol

Oh and NeX is now insured for a week :D

Right after writing off the super s, I'm now getting the urge to modify this one a bit more... lol
So next plans are:
-Small drop (30-35mm)
-Black bonnet (Possibly badboy)
-Black roof

And cheers guys, once i get my compressor i should be able to spray in my garage without too much difficulty.

Back