• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

joesouthgate's Red Micra SR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer the whole things needs cleaning, but no point yet as it will get filthy pretty quickly where I live.

i want to see some surprise mods on for JAE..... like full coilovers :p

If I see some surprise money taking my account well out of overdraft then maybe, but thats fairly unlikely.

planning to leave early ish on Friday morning its about 4 hours from us so I was planning to get there somewhere between 10 and 12. Sounds good if you're planning to go early aswell?

Dug out my old Sparco strut brace that was on the Super S when I crashed and Straightened it up roughly:
0145.jpg

Stripped and painted the ends:
Pics removed by joesouthgate

And Fitted:
0148.jpg

Dug out a spare cam cover today, stripped it back and ground off letters:
0149.jpg

Sprayed it black:
0150.jpg

Put on SR letters to spray over:
0151.jpg

Masked off Ht Lead holes:
0152.jpg

Misted on some white and red:
0153.jpg

Demasked:
0154.jpg

Lacquered:
0155.jpg

Fitted with New bolts:
0156.jpg

0157.jpg

Did some spray on the airbox cover aswell:
0158.jpg

Scratch appeared on my bumper the other day grr so I decided to sort it today aswell:
0159.jpg

Primered it:

First coat:

Top coat:

planning to leave early ish on Friday morning its about 4 hours from us so I was planning to get there somewhere between 10 and 12. Sounds good if you're planning to go early aswell?

Yeah mate, can you pm me your number so we can sort it out? I was looking at getting there roughly that time too so sounds like its a good to go plan!

Lol its actually halfords, for once it actually matches! I think the bumper has been sprayed not that long before I bought it thats prob why it matches.
John, I'll PM you in a min.

Love that rocker cover mate, looks really smart (Y). And same with the paint - normally Halfords stuff never matches :laugh:

Cheers, I'm just in the process of adapting an old Fiesta peco exhaust that I had lying around onto the car. So far lots of welding and swearing, but its getting there.

Its been fitted about 5 times now then taken off, welded, bent hammered sworn at and refitted lol

But isn't that always the best way, fabricating your own stuff to make it fit? Even if it means bleeding all over it, getting covered in ####? You get more satisfaction knowing that you've made it yourself (Y)

Progress so far, pipe cut off stock back box and welded on to the peco one and hangers fabricated:
0163.jpg

Hangers welded on and a bit of paint chucked on:

Fitted my Sparco pedals today, which so far have been on my K10, my Super S and my Astra and I got them second hand on eBay, so they are well used now :)
0167.jpg

0168.jpg

0169.jpg

0170.jpg

0171.jpg

Gave it a quick wash and hoover this morning ready for JAE, no doubt it will need more attention after the 220 mile drive but at least the cat footprints are gone from my roof for now :)
0172.jpg

Fitted some spacers I had lying around to the rear tonight and stuck on some locking wheel nuts I found in my box of old super s stuff:
0173.jpg

0174.jpg

Before:
0175.jpg

After:
0176.jpg

0177.jpg

Couple of Pics from JAE:

Cruising up with johnbr6:
0178.jpg

On the stand:
0179.jpg

0180.jpg

0181.jpg

Bought some headlights from Nex, I'll be removing the angel eyes and blacking the insides:
0182.jpg

0183.jpg

Also bought some bonnet pins from JAE, just need to fit them. And I still have my JAE wristband on :D
0184.jpg

Dug out my old Nismo grille that was on the Super S, I'm planning to fibreglass standard grille ends onto the main part:
0190.jpg

Also ordered a 3.5inch stainless tip that I will have welded on as I think it looks just the right size.

Got a early type grill and fitted it today so that I can chop up the other one and merge it with the smashed up Nismo grille:
0192.jpg

0193.jpg

0194.jpg

Also Changed my bonnet pins for genuine Sparco ones as it turns out the ones I got from JAE were fake:
0195.jpg

0196.jpg

0197.jpg

i thought you were going to leave that old nismo grill in my shed :(

Lol, I did'nt remember that. I thought I had more of the end of it but it seems not thats why it needs an end grafting on.

Looking really good Joe! Looks a bit rural where you are mind mate ;)
I've still got my JAE band on too ;)

Nice work Joe, those earlier grilles look sooooo much cooler than the newer ones, bonnet pins are smart too :).

Nice work Joe, those earlier grilles look sooooo much cooler than the newer ones, bonnet pins are smart too :).

Yer I figured I would rather cut up the later grille then I will have the early one free to modify at a later date.

they started to rust in a few days like all cheap bonnet pins do, just a note for anyone buying them, sparco pins come with screws and retaining clips not rivets.

might find out what stand it was at jae and email them. They were only a tenner so I'm not that fussed.

damn so they were fake after all... that sucks, you might have to go for those flush plastic ones, at least they wont rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back